The Indie Music Appreciation Thread
Apr 28, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #46 of 233

Quote:
Not a fan of The Decemberists like many are, but I love Ray Lamontagne, Feist, and Glen Hansard/Marketa Irglova (specifically the Swell Season).
Oh and don't forget the greats like Dylan who got the prog /indie /folk genre started.
Sent from my (*) using Tapafux.

and at around the same time, saw the lead singer of the Decemberists playing open mics before he formed the band - we went to the same university and had mutual friends...absolutely a book worm, he is...not a front at all - at a get-together at his apartment, he and some others were enjoying their beer with a discussion on Nietzsche...felt a tad out of my element.

May 11, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #49 of 233

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #52 of 233
Pavement
Royal Trux
The Young Fresh Fellows
The Silver Jews
Palace / Palace Music / Palace Brothers / Will Oldham

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #53 of 233
Quote:
They've already been mentioned, but I just started listening to Bombay Bicycle Club. What the heck! This is great!

If you like BBC, Chapel Club is another band you may like. (Big Smith's influence for both)

61OJCyLUErL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #57 of 233
Here's my review of the upcoming Dum Dum Girls End of Daze EP for Positive Feedback:
http://positive-feedback.com/Issue62/dumdumgirls.htm/

I love it.

Sorry bout the strange formatting, on my iPad.
Was psyched to find this thread.

Peace,

Michael

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #58 of 233
Andrew Bird and The Mysterious Production of Eggs -- by Andrew Bird

There is a nice variety of instrumentation that appears throughout this album (my favorite of Bird's so far). It adds an interesting sonic texture that goes hand in hand with his lighthearted, yet witty lyrics. The guy also whistles. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back