The Incoherent Rambling Room
Dec 19, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #46 of 1,250
[size=10pt]Man, did you see all the reviews on Amazon from people complaining about those Creative DJ cans breaking? Ugh... That's the last thing I want is another Maxell DHP ii debacle... Phones that sound phenomenal for the price but break like they're made of glass.[/size]

[size=10pt]Oh, and [/size][size=10pt]check out all the fervor over those SuperFux phones you posted.[/size]

[size=10pt]And still more...[/size]

[size=10pt]These dudes make the modders here (except me of course) seem like chumps.[/size]

Dec 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #49 of 1,250

Quote:
[size=10pt]Man, did you see all the reviews on Amazon from people complaining about those Creative DJ cans breaking? Ugh... That's the last thing I want is another Maxell DHP ii debacle... Phones that sound phenomenal for the price but break like they're made of glass.[/size]

[size=10pt]Oh, and [/size][size=10pt]check out all the fervor over those SuperFux phones you posted.[/size]

[size=10pt]These dudes make the modders here (except me of course) seem like chumps.[/size]

maybe if you werent trying to tear eveything apart, they'd last longer?

check this out

there are a HD 668B, looks like a breed between AKG and ATH AD700. and the coments in that forum are mindblowing
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #50 of 1,250

Quote:

For some reason, the thought of using a filter never occurred to me with headphones. Definitely have to try that out with other other headphones. Although some felt as a low pass filter might have worked too...

Dec 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #52 of 1,250
BTW those DHP-II pads also work with the Beyer Dynamic DT-235 to make them circumaural instead of superaural. Once those pads are installed they become one of the most comfortable headphones. No joke. Too bad they don't sound as good as any $75+ headphone, but some maybe. They're actually now more comfortable than the DHP-II.

You guys should check into the AKG k44. I think they're still on sale for $29 at Guitar Center. Best under $50 headphone i've ever heard I think. The bass was a bit bloated and boomy out of the box, but now it's still not too bad after burn-in. It has a tad more bass than I'd like, but for $29 I can't complain. Comfort is extremely good and they have no clamp. They're actually far more bassy than the k240S I have. I prefer them with an EQ to reduce the bass. With the Ipod Touch "Bass Reducer" setting they sound quite neutral. They're not the most detailed headphone in the world, but the sound is really clear unlike some of the other cheap headphones. A lot more clear than the UR-55 un-modded, DT-235 and maybe even the DHP-II. I'll have to compare them more.

Did you know there is a DHP-III? I'd like to try it.

Dec 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #53 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

For some reason, the thought of using a filter never occurred to me with headphones. Definitely have to try that out with other other headphones. Although some felt as a low pass filter might have worked too...

[size=10pt]James will be able to tell you all about impedance [/size][size=10pt]adapter[/size][size=10pt]s soon enough...[/size]

[size=10pt]Oh crap, I've said too much.[/size]

Dec 19, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #54 of 1,250

Quote:
I wish you could hear the introductory bass line on Depeche Mode's - Everything Counts on these Creative's.

Now THIS is bass my friends.

Try some Liquid Tension experiment, and let me know. i use that all the time to check on separation and clarity.

maybe i should get the 1600, would you recommend them to your own mother, Oli?

Dec 19, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #56 of 1,250
The whole cordless headphone rig thing works much better if your cables are detachable. Back when I had the RP-15MC and iRiver T5 they made a nice color-matched rig with no need to wrap any cables up:

Dec 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #58 of 1,250

Quote:
The whole cordless headphone rig thing works much better if your cables are detachable. Back when I had the RP-15MC and iRiver T5 they made a nice color-matched rig with no need to wrap any cables up:

Hey i have the RP15
beyersmile.png
and i freaking love it. it was uncomfortable at fist because of the clamping force and the no-deep earcup, but them i left it two overnights in a thick chemistry book, and its OK now. my fave portable phones right now. and i got them because of your awesome shootout.

Quote:
Jingle bells, Monster smells, Turbines laid an egg, the Turbine Pros sound really good, and the Joker got awaaaaay!

...I dunno.

this ljokerl?

Anyone feel that the IEM's and portable headphones should be in a separate forum?

In other news, I'm reading a tutorial on how to solder cables and not to suck at it.

Dec 19, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #59 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
I wish you could hear the introductory bass line on Depeche Mode's - Everything Counts on these Creative's.

Try some Liquid Tension experiment, and let me know. i use that all the time to check on separation and clarity.

No, because she could give a damn about sound quality. I got her a pair of wireless Behringer's and she loves them. They're alright but I sure wouldn't want them to be my only phone.

Dec 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #60 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, because she could give a damn about sound quality. I got her a pair of wireless Behringer's and she loves them. They're alright but I sure wouldn't want them to be my only phone.

biggrin.gif

i meant to ask, would you recommend them to a person who wants to stop buying headphones but is willing to make some suggestions?

btw i got my first set of grados
cool.gif
and after so much research about grado/alessandro, i went for the SR80i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back