The Incoherent Rambling Room
Dec 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #31 of 1,250
I don't know who you guys are, thinking the RX700 was super bassy. Sure, it's a little tubby, but it's not ear-quaking, not like DT770/80s or XB500/XB700s are. Cmon guys!

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #32 of 1,250
I like my XB700 but when im listening to metal with them i can hear bass even when bass shouldnt be heard What man!
biggrin.gif

so far im more than happy with the AKG K240 studio, best headphones for (prog) metal i've tried. the genre suits them so well
rolleyes.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #33 of 1,250

Quote:
Grado SR80i or Alessandro ms1?
I've read a few thread about this and the general consensus seems to be very divided. 50% - 50% i'd say
eek.gif

anyone know what comes in the box of the sr80i, comfort pads, flats or bowls?

it comes with the pancakes..just throwing in the "technical" term 

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #34 of 1,250

Quote:
...ehhh...that's not to far from the gel filled beyerdynamic earpads for the DT series (they exist...they look strange but they're here)

I've wanted a pair of those since I found out of their existence 2 years ago. They look...awesome.

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #36 of 1,250
Quote:
Quote:
...ehhh...that's not to far from the gel filled beyerdynamic earpads for the DT series (they exist...they look strange but they're here)

I've wanted a pair of those since I found out of their existence 2 years ago. They look...awesome.

they look gross to me. besides they kinda oxidize and turn dark with time
mad.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #37 of 1,250
Dec 18, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #40 of 1,250
So! i came up with an awesome idea for a portable rig.
I used sonny XB700 but you can use pretty much any full size can.

here's another view:

I've been using it for over 1 hours, and its light enough.

and dont forget to smile like this when wearing it outdoors:

I already walked around the place, and even made it to the bathroom and even brush my teeth.
biggrin.gif

deadhorse.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #41 of 1,250

Quote:

here's another view:

I already walked around the place, and even made it to the bathroom and even brush my teeth.
biggrin.gif

deadhorse.gif

I actually had an idea like this to do with my K271, since I can make a tiny custom removable cable, and they have those wires on top so a Clip+ would work nicely. I never got around to it, but I probably will soon.

Dec 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #42 of 1,250

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=4449Quote:

here's another view:

biggrin.gif

deadhorse.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #43 of 1,250

Quote:
I don't know who you guys are, thinking the RX700 was super bassy. Sure, it's a little tubby, but it's not ear-quaking, not like DT770/80s or XB500/XB700s are. Cmon guys!

[size=10pt]I owned the XB500's and they weren't as boomy as the RX700's... [/size]

[size=10pt]And who said anything about them being "super bassy?" I have tons of phones that I like that have more bass it's just that the bass that the RX700's do have is horrible, boom-y crapola bass. Just terrible.[/size]

[size=10pt]I've been into audio for many years now and these things are the most overhyped POS ever... even surpassing the famed Insignia speakers. And it all started with one thread... [/size]

[size=10pt]"The best dynamic headphones ever made? Am I crazy?"[/size]

[size=10pt]lol Answer: YES[/size]

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #44 of 1,250
Oli dont be mad because you didn't understood those headphones
biggrin.gif

that iFreeplay is horible, my PortaXB700cc looks nicer, and the clip+ definetely hangs better in the AKG's
you know what looks nicer? the creative aurvana DJs:

i wonder whats the size, they look small to me

btw Oli, more impressions about the creative 1600 would be appreciated, those are full circumaural, right?

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #45 of 1,250
[size=10pt]I put the buttery soft pads from a pair of Maxell DHP ii's on the Creative's and I am now in heaven. Will post more later but these are really good phones.[/size]

[size=10pt]BTW, speaking of impressions I've hardly seen any from you. I mean, what did you say about those new AKG's you got? "They put a smile on my face." And where are your pics? I want to see those Denon's you didn't care for, I want to see the AKG's and all you show is some ghetto rigged XB700's. Meh[/size]

[size=10pt]Come on, man - you're cofounder of this thread! Put some work in, mang![/size]

[size=10pt]EDIT: Yes, they are fully circumaural.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back