The Importance of Owning Multiple Headphones
Jun 8, 2011 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Ultrazino

Now known as HuoYuanJia
Some time ago I told my wife that I need several headphones for change so that my life doesn't become monotonous and I won't cheat on her. It was meant as a joke...

Then I sold all of my headphones some time ago to get the PRO 900 and eventually the T1. Well, the Ultrasones are taking their time and thus I'm without any headphone for one month now.

I've been having an affair for two weeks now - which of course wouldn't have happened if I hadn't met yet another perfect women. Anyway, coincidence?

Discuss. Similar experiences?

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 13
same reason you need different clothes. you need them for different uses and occasions.

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 13
Yeah, some headphones just aren't good for some genres of music.  Not many headphones, even high-end ones, can sound equally good for every single genre as the next best one.

Of course, some women have different clothes for even the same occasion.  Just as good for the exact same thing, just different.  Bring that up if arguing owning a bunch of different headphones with a wife. :p

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 13
I have a total belief in having a couple sets of headphones. We all have noted some who have a harem. In some countries they need a school bus to take the family out. It takes hours just to get everyone ready. You can not park the bus in normal parking. That is the fun you get for the fun you got. One of the most funny things took place when a man found his son smoking and he didn't know which Mother to talk with about it. Name tags with a sub text will soon be in use.

We may get confused to which sound signature to get used to. We know we all have our favorites. One gent needs a schedule to remember the wife he is to spend time with. With eight the schedule is changing and he feels it may have been easer and more simple with seven. Of course there is the gent with 40 wives. We thought we had a bad habit with out headphones.

Jun 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #9 of 13
Next time my wife complains about the pile of Grados under modification sitting on my desk, I'll show her this thread.  That'll keep her quiet.  
eek.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #10 of 13
No, don't show your wife this thread - I will have to disarm it myself now!

I now think my affair would have also been the better wife. Holy crap, my life will turn to crap! :frowning2:

I now think it would have been better to stick with what you have if you are satisfied. God, I hate myself now!

But how are you supposed to compare? Chinese VS Japanese, manager VS ballet dancer, strong VS submissive, ...
I SHOULD have known from headphones already! Ah crap...

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #11 of 13
So because your Ultrasones are late, you got an affair? ROFL =P

If this is actually serious, then I have two things to say.

1) Be careful on what you post on the internet. Women are always smarter when you don't want them to be.

2) It always ends up with someone getting hurt. Consider yourself lucky if only one heart is broken.

Yes. Been there, done that. Minus the rings.

P.S. Go listen to Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 13
As an audiophile,  I've found that you need at least 18 different headphones. 
Portables

1 set of hanging earbuds for classical
1set of hanging earbuds for rock
1 giga expensive set of hanging style that does all of it when I am lazy and want to carry one set

1 set of inner earbuds for classical
1 set of inner earbuds for rock
1set of super isolating earbuds just in case i want to drown out the world
1 giga expensive set of iems that does it all in case I feel lazy and want hifi on the go

1 set of circumaurial portables that are open back for leisure listening in and around the area where i live that is secluded for classical
1 set of circumaurial portables that are open back for leisure listening in and around the area where i live that is secluded for rock
1 set of circumaurial portables that are closed back for on the go for classical
1 set of circumaurial portables that are closed back for on the go for rock
1giga expensive circumaurial set of closed backs that are extremely high quality for leisure listening around the area where I live that is secluded
1giga expensive set of open backs to be used at home when I dont feel like wearing large full size sets

1 full size set of closed back headphones for leisure listening in and around the area where I live that is secluded for classical 
1 full size set of open back headphones for leisure listening in and around the area where I live that is secluded for rock
1 giga expensive set of closed back headphones to remain in doors with or to sit outside with in my secluded area for classical
1 giga expensive set of open back headphones for rock
1 immensely soul stealing expensive set of open back headphones for the most pure audiophile experience possible regardless of location

if this all doesnt happen, Im not happy :p

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #13 of 13
This has become extremely interesting. I can't say everything is going well, but it could be a lot worse!

My affair is very jealous, though. She doesn't want me to be with my wife and, obviously, she gets scared when I go out with a friend. I mean she knows I cheat, so I can understand her. But there's something about her that got me in this situation in the first place. I really really like her!
It's obvious I will have to make a decision eventually, as there are way too strong feelings evolved. I would be very very stupid not to stick to my wife, but at the moment she can be very bothersome, haha.

So far I don't regret anything, except for ordering my Ultrasones from Britain - the package got lost twice! :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back