The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Jan 10, 2010 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

El_Doug

Headphoneus Supremus
Such a fantastic movie! I cannot recommend it enough, even if you did not care for Gilliam's other work

Anyone else partake in this film?

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would really like to see it, but I don't think my city has it yet (phoenix az)

really, wow. I thought it'd open earlier in the US (I'm in Australia). I saw it in october or november 2009

mmmm, lily cole...

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 10
I was going to see it this weekend but it's too cold to suffer through unnecessary public transit at this point... next weekend probably. Looking forward to it.

@M3NTAL - it's open in a bunch of theaters in Phoenix and Phoenix suburbs, according to the movie website:
• View topic - USA Theaters Showing Dr. Parnassus

Jan 10, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Wow, i was skeptical at first but i might actually consider it. I mainly would like to see it since it is Heath Ledgers last film.

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 10
I nearly missed this as I was ill.
Caught it in a crudy little cinema, sitting too close to the screen with the heating stuck on full blast.
Still really enjoyed the movie.
Even if Terry Gilliam is a bit hit and miss, it is because he pushes things and there are usually at least a few scenes to boggle your eyeballs.
In this movie, there are more than a few.
cool.gif

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #9 of 10
Finally saw it. Heath Ledger bows out with yet another spectacular performance. He will be missed.

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #10 of 10
I watched it with a few buddies. It felt somewhat patched together with a lot of money thrown into the CGI. There were some strange issues of coherence like when the girl lept through the labeled doors toward the end. I did like some of the more imaginative special effects, but that was about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back