The "I'm Not Blown Away By Westone 3" Thread
Dec 12, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #62 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd also love a comparison between the W3 and the ESW10JPN! Thanks!

To me they are very similar right now as I listen to the ESW10JPN - a good amp really brings out the bass and dynamic sound of the ESW10 via USB/Macbook.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #64 of 88
Well, to be factual, in Europe they do write out USD amounts like that. Such as: 20,5 for $20.50. I've traveled Europe extensively, as well as dealt with our company's European reps. Pricing is listed without the zero on the end, and they replace the period with a comma.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #66 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I believe you said they sounded like crappy $20 ear buds, to be exact.

tstarn, you need to just let it go. Your frequent posts on this one comment are obsessive. There is no reason to be so offended by the opinion of another.

Whatever he said, he also said he didn't feel he had the right words to describe what he was hearing. Basically, he admitted he may not have described it as well as others can.

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #68 of 88
Ollie-14c.jpg

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #69 of 88
I'll eat some crow hear and state that I am really digging the W3's finally. Just shows again one should wait several days and listening sessions before critiquing a headphone/IEM....my bad.

Still would love to A/B compare with the SE530 I sold last week but I've come to another conclusion. I found SE530 and (my current) UM2 to be very close in SQ with slight edge to SE530. But I am currently finding W3 destroying UM2 so for me I think the W3 is the preferred IEM. W3 beats UM2 very handidly on detail/clarity and soundstage....and yes, this is different than my orginal impressions. So flame me.

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #71 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll eat some crow hear and state that I am really digging the W3's finally. Just shows again one should wait several days and listening sessions before critiquing a headphone/IEM....my bad.

Still would love to A/B compare with the SE530 I sold last week but I've come to another conclusion. I found SE530 and (my current) UM2 to be very close in SQ with slight edge to SE530. But I am currently finding W3 destroying UM2 so for me I think the W3 is the preferred IEM. W3 beats UM2 very handidly on detail/clarity and soundstage....and yes, this is different than my orginal impressions. So flame me.

Flaming? Not a chance. In fact, it's nice to see someone who can post something like that, someone who kept an open mind, persisted in trying to make the phones work before giving up on them. Just glad to know you are enjoying the W3s.

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #73 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't let my anticipation get spoiled. I'm tired of reading the MANY W3 threads. I will buy them when it's time. Only my ears can approve or...not.

beerchug.gif

There you go... seems like the W3 is not a slam dunk or a failure, but another IEM that competes in it's price range. That's the consensus I came to from all of the posts about it.

Oddly enough it's made me appreciate my Shure E500s more and has prodded me to get the UE11 (would have gone for the W3s if not for this)...how the heck did that happen?
devil_face.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #74 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't let my anticipation get spoiled. I'm tired of reading the MANY W3 threads. I will buy them when it's time. Only my ears can approve or...not.

beerchug.gif

Thats the position I reached on this since about page 20 of Headphoneaddict's thread
tongue.gif
. I've reached this mentaility on a more broad cenus also. Ultimately, you read so much, get a fair idea, then you simply have to try for yourself
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsarn06
Flaming? Not a chance. In fact, it's nice to see someone who can post something like that, someone who kept an open mind, persisted in trying to make the phones work before giving up on them. Just glad to know you are enjoying the W3s.

I have to agree here. It's great to see someone with the strength of character and sound rational and open-mindedness to revert on, or should I say, evolve their feelings on something, no matter how drastic that might be. Good stuff!

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #75 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ollie-14c.jpg

Now THAT'S a cute picture. breaks up some of the seriousness of all this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back