The ILLINI Take It Once Again -- Can They Continue?
Mar 27, 2005 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bLue_oNioN

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=medium]Arizona - 89
Illinois - 90
[/size]

ESPN Graph here

Take a look at the graph, that was an INCREDIBLE come back, [EDIT: 75-60 with four minutes left], to 80-80 at the end of the 2nd, to a 1-point win at the end of OT.

This, of course, continues what was been an awesome record.

Do you believe the Illini can continue? Who do YOU have going to the top on your bracket?

Mar 27, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 12
I didn't see the game, but if you click further on the site that you've linked, it shows that the widest gap was 15 points (75-60) with 4:02 on the clock in the 2nd half. By the 1:24 mark the lead was closed to 7 points (77-70).

But still, what an incredible come back. I can't believe I missed this game!

Mar 27, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 12
I watched most of that game, which started just as I came home from work.

It was un-bee-leave-able!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 12
That was quite a good game, a good tournament night overall. Louisville's comeback was equally as impressive as Illinois. Illinois v Louisville is going to be one heck of a game.

Mar 27, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I didn't see the game, but if you click further on the site that you've linked, it shows that the widest gap was 15 points (75-60) with 4:02 on the clock in the 2nd half. By the 1:24 mark the lead was closed to 7 points (77-70).

Ah! That was a very stupid mistake on my part, sorry!

It truly felt like all hope was lost when I was watching the game, there were many many times where I just threw my hands up in resignation. It's spring break here and the halls are pretty empty, but boy was there a whole lot of noise-making in the final minutes
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #7 of 12
Normally, when there is a team of destiny, if they survive one big scare, all else falls into place. The only question is whether these guys are a team of destiny. It sure would seem so.

What an amazing season they've had, and a shame that they had to lose the one game that they did when they had a chance at the end to pull it off.

Mar 27, 2005 at 7:43 AM Post #8 of 12
Louisville will be a tough matchup (coming back from 20 down to WVU is destiny-ish)...and the Heels are no slouches (escaping Villanova by one)...but better guard-play got the Illini past Arizona (barely)...there's no reason to believe that it won't work again for Louisville.

Any team that has made it this far in the tourney is a team of destiny...judging from the number of upsets and crazy events that have occurred (Bucknell over Kansas? Come on...).

I'm happy that three of my final four are still alive in my bracket...

But I think NC takes this one. They have a stronger starting five and a more talented big man (May > Augustine, IMHO, and NC can shoot the trifecta as well as Illinois).

Mar 27, 2005 at 8:07 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
(Bucknell over Kansas? Come on...).

Hey, don't rub it in... I know, I know, just an example, and a rather extreme one at that.

Mar 27, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 12
Yesterday was an absolutely amazing day for college basketball. Illinois was indeed really really lucky, even considering how good they are. Louisville...eh. Since I'm primarily a UK fan, that's all I can say. But I do have renewed faith that Illinois may win the whole thing.

Mar 27, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 12
I caught the last 10 minutes, and was about to change the channel when things started to get interesting. Glad I hung in there...one of the most amazing performances I can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back