The iGrados?
May 17, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #31 of 33
I don't understand all the complaints about the iGrado's. I own Beyer DT-880, SR-60, Ety ER-4s, and Koss KSC75's. At home I use the Beyers most of the time, followed by the SR-60's or Ety's. On a plane or other noisy enironment, the Ety' can't be beat -- I love the sound. Away from home (in the office or walking around) I normlly listen to the iGRado. They are small enough to carry around. I think they benefit from an amp but definitely prefer them to the KSC 75's unless I am excercising. Every pair of the Koss I have owned eventully had some buzzing or vibration from one side, and just are not as tight as the iGrado. Great for the money, but I have gone through several pair, and prefer the iGrado over the Koss.

My major complaint is the cable, which seems fragile and feels like it is going to break any second, but so far has not been a problem. No, they do not sound as good as SR-60's or 80's but they are much more portable, and I do not have any comfort issues. For the cost and portability, I would recommend them any day and will buy another pair if mine die.

May 17, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #32 of 33
I take them bicycling and have literally had them ripped off my head when the cord got tangled in the brake lever (yeah...I know...tuck the cord away) and they survived without a problem. That plastic is tough AND bendable.

This evil thought actually crossed my mind the other day: if all Grados were made in China, the quality might actually improve. Not the drivers...but the housings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back