The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #6,886 of 18,652
I just ordered the DX50 - looks like I will get a 9th batch unit. Will I get an email telling me when to expect shipment?

I found the FAQ page -- very nicely done.

UPDATE: I didn't see there's a shipment date right on the website - November 20th.

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #6,888 of 18,652
The DX50 firmware posted earlier was a leaked beta, here is the FINAL 1.2.5: http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50FW_V1.2.5.zip

Mirror coming ASAP.

Edit: Mirror is here: Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50FW_V1.2.5.zip

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #6,891 of 18,652
  The DX50 firmware posted earlier was a leaked beta, here is the FINAL 1.2.5: http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50FW_V1.2.5.zip

Mirror coming ASAP.

Lol.  iBasso also just responded to me with this:

Hi,
I dont know whom give you the linkage to download the V1.2.5.  The one that you downloaded should be a beta version.
I just uploaded the final version a few minutes ago.  The following is the linkage.
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50FW_V1.2.5.zip

Also, please remember to do factory reset after update completed.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #6,892 of 18,652
You people are doing a great job at confusing me :D

So I downloaded a 1.2.5 update from iBassos homepage that was posted earlier here.
This one to be precise: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/ibasso-dx50-appreciation-thread-new-4-firmware-update-v1-2-2/6825#post_9980211

Did I grab the right one or what?

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #6,893 of 18,652
sitting with my DX50, very impressed lovely sounding piece of kit :) the earphones I got free with it the R3 brainwaves? I have no idea what to think, they are pretty clear just lacking bass, I tried them with my am and turned the bass up on it and they sounds very well but strange how the bass has to be pushed on them!! no idea how to do it on the ibasso as yet thought?

also what way have you guys put your music on the DX50? the way i have done it, it isn't letting me see/play most of the files i put on:frowning2: 35gb! lol.. the way i have my flacs put onto it is like this  (artist>album>songs) like sub folders a lot of the artist folders like "Metallica" have many albums within it and it isn't picking the albums up nor the songs. ive looked in the directory for this, all songs its only the ones i can get into wich is like 30 songs out of thousands LOL :frowning2: HELP??:D

and to the guy that tried taking the "mick" out of me, my come back is on your mums teeth! don't ever try to insult me.

thanks guys!

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #6,894 of 18,652
Got a reply from Ibasso as i was hounding them again, stating that the silicone covers for the dx50 will be available in 12 hours from now on their site.I was emailed that about 5 minutes ago...

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #6,895 of 18,652
  This has been covered in a previous post - because the directory is built from the tags of the music files, you'll need to rename the ALBUM field in the tags to '**** CD1' and '**** CD2', otherwise the DX50 will think that they all belong to the same album.  The other way of course is the have the albums in separate sub folders and just use the directory view (but this is less functional that the directory method in the main).

That is not a solution, that's merely a workaround, i.e. like not having multi-disc albums anymore... (So I don't understand why people keep repeating that pseudo-solution, when someone mentions this issue.)

By the way: I emailed ibasso a few weeks ago but couldn't find how to work with their answer (they wrote: "Hi, Does your multi-disc album has track # on the ID3? The DX50 use track * of the ID3 for ordering"). I am not very familiar with MP3Tag so maybe I don't know where to replace "#" with "*"...

Thanks to everyone sharing their experience with 1.2.5... (I don't update just yet, too afraid to get new bugs whereas my 1.2.2 works quite fine...)

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #6,896 of 18,652
  You people are doing a great job at confusing me :D

So I downloaded a 1.2.5 update from iBassos homepage that was posted earlier here.
This one to be precise: http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/ibasso-dx50-appreciation-thread-new-4-firmware-update-v1-2-2/6825#post_9980211

Did I grab the right one or what?

Nope, that's the accidentally leaked beta :)

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #6,897 of 18,652
After my initial post about 1.2.5 which was actually a beta version of the media scan working fine, I upgraded to the final release of 1.2.5 and the media scan after the factory reset worked less than appealing.  Instead of finishing the scan within roughly 10 minutes, it was going on 40 minutes with a weirdly endless scan.  I ultimately just stopped it, performed another factory reset, and let it start scanning again from the beginning.  And now I sit waiting for that to finish.  Hopefully it finishes...

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #6,898 of 18,652
  After my initial post about 1.2.5 which was actually a beta version of the media scan working fine, I upgraded to the final release of 1.2.5 and the media scan after the factory reset worked less than appealing.  Instead of finishing the scan within roughly 10 minutes, it was going on 40 minutes with a weirdly endless scan.  I ultimately just stopped it, performed another factory reset, and let it start scanning again from the beginning.  And now I sit waiting for that to finish.  Hopefully it finishes...

Bingo, scan finished within 10 minutes on the second try.  We're in business.  :)

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #6,900 of 18,652
Hi Lueneberg, apologies if it's not the answer you were looking for.

I think what you might be looking for (I could be wrong) if for the DX50 to read the Disc No. field (this can be filled in in MP3Tag) but to the best of my knowledge it isn't read by the DX50.  From that point of view I guess my suggestion was a work around rather than a solution, but I don't think there is any intention from ibasso to change this.  Apologies again if I'm off the mark, welcome your thoughts on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back