The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 8, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #6,331 of 18,652
Has anybody here experienced something ridiculous like me ? 

It's my DX50 problem, I still can adjust the volume, change "gain" setting even when i plug my headphone in the "LINE OUT" jack. 

So how the hell this output can be called " line-out " , so sick ..... 

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #6,332 of 18,652

It's my DX50 problem, I still can adjust the volume, change "gain" setting even when i plug my headphone in the "LINE OUT" jack. 

don't know, must be a mystery.
wink.gif

or you could just read the FAQ before posting stuff that has come up oh so many times before in this thread.

Sorry for being annoyed but do you think that if the DX50 didn't have a true line out it might have been mentioned somewhere in the 422 pages posted before you? 

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #6,333 of 18,652

According to iBasso, they are not using the amp to control volume.  The volume is set using the DAC's 256 step volume control.  Anything that passes through the DAC uses the volume it is set at.  Both the headphone out and line out use the DAC.  This is also why the line out doesn't have a static volume, or separate volume control, because whatever you set the volume at for one analog output both end up using it.  Sadly this also means that due to the hardware design, they're unable to release firmware that lets one set a different volume level for the line out than the volume on the headphone jack.

that was literally 4 pages back

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #6,334 of 18,652
  that was literally 4 pages back

Tks for ur replying . 

But is it right to say that it's gonna be a "double amp" problem when u pair with another head-amp ? I tried with my E12 and it ...sickly sounds like no music at all

And another one question , if u say that DX50 uses the internal DAC Volume control , so why i can change the gain setting ? 

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #6,335 of 18,652
I like the mid/treble of 1.2.2 and bass of 1.2.3b.
But I guess I can's get goods from both side, I'd have to say I like 1.2.2 sound better overall.

iBasso, make it an option like on DX100 if possible!

You hit the nail in the head. I appreciate the bass in the beta but lost the mid/high. 2 to 1 against beta. The bass on 1.2.2 is not really far against the beta.

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #6,336 of 18,652
There should be no double-amp problem if you use the line-out to connect E12.
It may be just pairing issues. Try adjusting the gain on E12?
Again, I have no E12 (do have E09K/E17 though) so it's just guess.

Or you can use a portable DAC/AMP and decode from DX50 coaxial? 
evil_smiley.gif

(sorry for your wallet!)
In that case, the volume is controlled by the external DAC. I've tried that myself.

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #6,337 of 18,652
  Tks for ur replying . 

But is it right to say that it's gonna be a "double amp" problem when u pair with another head-amp ? I tried with my E12 and it ...sickly sounds like no music at all

And another one question , if u say that DX50 uses the internal DAC Volume control , so why i can change the gain setting ? 

I don't understand how you think connecting the DX50 via the line out to an amp would be double amping.

Did you read the FAQ and understand what a line out is? It by passes the internal amp and allows output to an external amp.

PS not sure what "sick" means in your posts

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #6,338 of 18,652
I am looking for a pair of headphones to pair with my DX50 and wondered if anybody could make any suggestions as to potentially suitable products.

Mainly used directly out of the DX50 but will also be used with my O2/ODAC using the DX50 and laptop as sources....they may also be occasionally used with my iPhone5 and iPad4 (although not that often).

Musical tastes are varied but include a variety of genres from the 60's through to present day. I like a headphone that provides a strong midrange but not to the detriment of the lows or highs.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #6,339 of 18,652
The gain is the property of the amp section, not the DAC.
You can simply try and confirm that:
When connecting headphone to the line-out, adjusting the gain switch does not change the output volume.
This also proves that the line-out does not involving the amp section.

I hope it's clear now :wink:

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #6,340 of 18,652
need help guys
I just tried to update firmware from V1.2.2 to 1.2.4 Beta.
I have done updates in the past but now my screen just hangs on the iBasso Audio start screen.

Any suggestions guys???
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #6,341 of 18,652
need help guys
I just tried to update firmware from V1.2.2 to 1.2.4 Beta.
I have done updates in the past but now my screen just hangs on the iBasso Audio start screen.

Any suggestions guys???:confused_face_2:
1.24 beta is out already? 1.23 wasn't even released..

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #6,345 of 18,652
The whole thing is that the BH2 is 100 bucks new and the C5 is 189, is 89 bucks worth the tad improvement..that's a personal decision people would have to make. For me, prob not..but i had some extra cash laying around and was curious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back