The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #5,851 of 18,652
Hi everyone
After months of reading, I think I'm going to buy the ibasso dx50 as my first "serious" portable player.
I'm here to ask your help.
I want to buy also a good pair of open headphones, to use with it at home.
Which model would you suggest me to buy?
I want to stay in the price range of 300-400 euros.
I was looking at the akg k series: would it be a good choice?
Thanks everyone and sorry for my bad english

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #5,853 of 18,652
Hi everyone
After months of reading, I think I'm going to buy the ibasso dx50 as my first "serious" portable player.

Sennheiser HD600 or HD650. Either of those will make you smile while listening to the DX50. Works somewhat better with an amp but not entirely necessary.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #5,854 of 18,652
  Hi everyone

Apparently the K-series AKG cans are pretty hard to drive and need a good amp, but I don't have any personal experience with them so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Anyways, I shall quote a timeless maxim: If in doubt, purchase Sennheisers.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #5,855 of 18,652
I wonder what he'd charge for something like this?
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/43926513@N07/5254859986/

I could make it myself but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle and aggravation for a ham-fisted ogre like me.

I am making couple of those little guys this coming week with Neutrik connectors terminated with shrink wraps as you indicated, feel free to join, parts and shipping on you. :wink:

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #5,857 of 18,652
Thanks for your help.
I'll take a look at the sennheiser hd 600/650.
Speaking of amp, which portable amp would you advise to use with the ibasso dx50 and the sennheiser hd?

Now you are getting into a conversation we have had for some time, I' d suggest you roll back few posts and see what we have been talking about amp wise, also look at Sorensiim posts here to see all the suggestions made, just keep in mind Soren's requirements, you might not have the same as he does;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687288/so-im-looking-for-that-perfect-amp

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #5,858 of 18,652
  Thanks for your help.
I'll take a look at the sennheiser hd 600/650.
Speaking of amp, which portable amp would you advise to use with the ibasso dx50 and the sennheiser hd?

Welcome!

Unfortunately I have no idea which portable amp synergizes best with the DX50 and HD6x0, sorry :p

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #5,859 of 18,652
I am making couple of those little guys this coming week with Neutrik connectors terminated with shrink wraps as you indicated, feel free to join, parts and shipping on you.
wink.gif

PM incoming!
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #5,860 of 18,652
Now you are getting into a conversation we have had for some time, I' d suggest you roll back few posts and see what we have been talking about amp wise, also look at Sorensiim posts here to see all the suggestions made, just keep in mind Soren's requirements, you might not have the same as he does;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687288/so-im-looking-for-that-perfect-amp

Ok
I'll go check the past posts of this thread

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #5,863 of 18,652
  any1 tried the 1.2.3 beta yet ? like to know is there any sound improvement compared to 1.2.2 lol

Call me guinea pig, I could not resist, I have just bitten to the fish hook. 
eek.gif
 So far so good, it says v 1.2.3 and instead of saying scanning, it says Media scanning;  an improvement but still the same operation just a better way to say it. I am going to finalize the update and then try a thing or two and see if its any better. One thing I am going to try is to see if they have changed the fabulous sound I had under 1.2.2. Any quick suggestions before I call it quit?

Wish me luck lol.
gs1000.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #5,864 of 18,652
Just upgrated to the v1.2.3 beta
since dx50 blocked in welcome screen
help
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #5,865 of 18,652
  Just upgrated to the v1.2.3 beta
since dx50 blocked in welcome screen
help
confused_face_2.gif

You have to wipe the data through factory reset. I hat to go in recovery mode for that. So click on the power on button for as long as you can until it reboots, then click on power on and volume + at the same time until you get into recovery mode. Then select wipe the data/factory reset using your volume up and down, click on power on to select it and wait until it restarts. Then eject your sd card and reinsert it again, select scan media and wait a good 20 to 30 minutes until the sd card has been totally scanned. You should be back in business by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back