The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #4,997 of 18,652

Indeed.  I have filled out my 64 gb micro sd card but still had to exclude musics.  I know a 128 gb microsd card is in the works, according to sandisk.  Wonder when that will come out, and how expensive that will be.   

I walk around with one 128GB flash, one 64GB flash, two 64GB micro sd and one 32GB micro sd and that still doesn't hold everything I would like.

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #4,998 of 18,652

Indeed.  I have filled out my 64 gb micro sd card but still had to exclude musics.  I know a 128 gb microsd card is in the works, according to sandisk.  Wonder when that will come out, and how expensive that will be.   

Get a OTG male to USB female cable and one or more 128 Gb USB flash drives right now! I found the flash drives for around $50...

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #4,999 of 18,652
Oct 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #5,000 of 18,652
  I'm uising the PNY 128 as well with my DX50.  You will like this drive thanks to its very fast transfer rate.  I wish I bought two of these when they were on sale for $55 shipped.

I bought 3, LOL.

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #5,001 of 18,652
  I walk around with one 128GB flash, one 64GB flash, two 64GB micro sd and one 32GB micro sd and that still doesn't hold everything I would like.

Lol, well then.  My music collection seems small compared to others it would seem :p  I only just decided to re-rip all my cds into a lossless format, so my ~16ish gb of mp3s turned to about 70 gb of flacs.  If I were still using mp3s, the dx50 would hold way more than enough.  But I have since upgraded, and don't wish to go back, but 64 GB doesn't quite cut it.  Actually, given the side of this thing, I'm surprised they didn't squeeze a full size SD card slot onto this thing.  Then one could get a 256 GB SD card, which exist but is expensive, and at least I'd be good to go for a while :)

If needed to be slightly larger, or thicker, I would have accepted that for a full size SD card slot.  Not sure these portable audiophile DAC makers realize how much space the lossless audio takes up.  I have one cd that is about 7 GB alone ripped to flac.  Blu-ray cd rather.  MicroSD is getting too small for extremely large capacities, it seems.  

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #5,002 of 18,652

I bought 3, LOL.

For that price, it makes sense.  I originally bought one as I was afraid that the transferred rate will be too slow.  However, I was getting above Class 10 so it was a no-brainer to buy the another.  

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #5,003 of 18,652

Lol, well then.  My music collection seems small compared to others it would seem :p  I only just decided to re-rip all my cds into a lossless format, so my ~16ish gb of mp3s turned to about 70 gb of flacs.  If I were still using mp3s, the dx50 would hold way more than enough.  But I have since upgraded, and don't wish to go back, but 64 GB doesn't quite cut it.  Actually, given the side of this thing, I'm surprised they didn't squeeze a full size SD card slot onto this thing.  Then one could get a 256 GB SD card, which exist but is expensive, and at least I'd be good to go for a while :)

If needed to be slightly larger, or thicker, I would have accepted that for a full size SD card slot.  Not sure these portable audiophile DAC makers realize how much space the lossless audio takes up.  I have one cd that is about 7 GB alone ripped to flac.  Blu-ray cd rather.  MicroSD is getting too small for extremely large capacities, it seems.  

Well...when you are dealing with hi-rez files, a 64GB memory isn't enough.  I need 128GB minimum.

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #5,004 of 18,652

Yea lossless will do that. I reripped my entire CD collection last winter and ended up with more than 500GB of FLAC files. Luckily storage is dirt cheap nowadays.

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #5,005 of 18,652
Anyone else notice that the eq settings with 1.2.2 don't seam to do much?  This includes the predefined options and the custom setting mode as well.  At best there are very subtle, barely detectable changes in my opinion.  Additionally, with eq on the overall volume decreases significantly.  This is all in contrast to previous fw versions where the eq settings worked very nicely for my likes.

Otherwise 1.2.2 is definitely another big step in the right direction!

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #5,006 of 18,652

My 128b flashing drive cost 54 dollar something like in Amazon. and otg cable less than dollar plus shipping...

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #5,007 of 18,652
  I'm on the hunt for that elusive perfect amp to pair with the DX50 and their PB2 is on my short list. I was aiming for the RSA Intruder but right now I'm leaning towards getting the PB2 and the Meier Quickstep for the price of the Intruder. That way I can just keep the one I like the most 
smily_headphones1.gif

You should really look into the Headamp Pico Power.  This amp have enough voltage swing to really drive high impedance phones.  Headamp stuffs sound really great.

I have both the Quickstep and the Pico Power. They are my favorites in general terms. It is way too early to say how then synergise with the DX50 though. (I haven't even tried the Quickstep yet.) Right now I am enjoying  the DX50 headphone out. I'll be playing around in coming days.

(You can't go wrong with either of those amps. They have differences but both are excellent.)

Oct 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #5,008 of 18,652
You reckon you have trouble... My wife AKA Minister of War or Finance depending on day, found my list of gear.... I get shot at Dawn!!! :cool:

you are in urgent need of Defense Minster :D

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #5,009 of 18,652
  Well...when you are dealing with hi-rez files, a 64GB memory isn't enough.  I need 128GB minimum.

Definately! especially with hi-rez files. I have a 1 Tb battery powered USB hard drive with about 350 Gb filled already and eventually that won't be enough, I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back