The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #4,396 of 18,652
nobody disagrees, all i am saying there is no reason to crash down if it is not Japanese :wink:

HI
It is not crash Down , it has effected on our DX 50 SQ
Cell Made In Korea overall like China Cell less clarity and bass Speed is slower

Where to get Japanese made?

I Bought Samsung Battery and desktop Charger from local headphone Store In Jakarta Indonesia .
It is not every shop has This Cell Made In japan .
During Promotion S3 Last year Go Promotion :
As bonus Extra battery and desktop Charger Not all handler give to Customer , They sell selaratly .

some decades ago Japanese products were regarded inferior quality in USA and Europe, similar to how people see Chinese products today. truth is that Chinese quality of good products is advancing quickly so i would not be worried if Japanese or Chinese. more so i had time ago two Sharp VCR recorders, one was cheapo made in China, another one was Japan made almost high-end with stereo sound, built in LCD and direct editing capabilities. after 6 years Japan made expensive Sharp developed tape tracking problem and today rests in box in cellar.... cheapo Chinese still works problem free which my daughter uses sometimes for watching ages old favorite VHS recordings :)

Electronic age We can not Know when is detect , sometimes even One week is already died , sometimes We have luck For longer TIME like Your VHS video Made In China ca Last 6 years

Japanese batteries good

You are right jamato
The best Cell is japan brand Sanyo
If i buy external portable Charger , i have take a look on japan Cell Eanyo , it is always Good .
Like The chinese brand VIVAN , They Said Sanyo Cell inside

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #4,397 of 18,652
Going off on a tangent here but I am close to pulling the trigger on a DX50 and was wondering if anyone can offer impressions on how it pairs with

KEF M500
Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser HD595
Sennheiser IE80

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #4,398 of 18,652
Going off on a tangent here but I am close to pulling the trigger on a DX50 and was wondering if anyone can offer impressions on how it pairs with

KEF M500
Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser HD595
Sennheiser IE80

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

KEF M500: not good, rather lacking mids and highs but I believe that was the headphones issue, returned the headphones.

Sennheiser Momentum: very nice really liked it so much I use them at work.

I did not try the Sennheiser HD595 but the HD600 and they were made for each other, love that pairing, my best so far. I would think the HD595 will be nice together.

You won't regret buying the DX50, it's an amazing little dap, for that price you'll feel happy about the sound and your wallet will thank you. :wink:

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #4,400 of 18,652
Thanks for the input. The KEFs are definitely an acquired taste but they can do wonderful things if given the right music.

I actually prefer them to my Momentums, I've been A/B'ing them and love the resolution and neutrality of the KEFs.

I digress.

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #4,403 of 18,652
Thank you all My friends
In audio World has always pro and contra , This is normal .
Because every budy has their own music taste .

My Sharing Here on head fi, is Only base from My audio experiance With My friends .
About The batteries , The Charger and memori cards .

My suggestion please try it By Your Self and hear The diffferent .
And please Share Your opinion Here , that make every body Happy With audio World .

My IMO

+ 1

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #4,407 of 18,652
A question for you dudes with golden ears...

Please advise which USB stick or which portable hard drive will have cleaner, more detailed sound using OTG?

Okay, so clearly some of you may think I was Trolling seeing as no one seems prepared to offer a comment. It was certainly a tongue in cheek question, I'll accept that, but this valuable "appreciation" thread has both gone off topic and silly at the same time.

All this talk of "I can hear the difference from one SD card to another" doesn't belong here. I don't doubt some of you believe you can, but as I have maintained elsewhere, only proper blind testing can overcome the inconsistency introduced by other senses, especially the hip pocket nerve.

I think everyone with an open mind should at least go here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/486598/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths#post_6605887

And make your own conclusions. But for now, can we keep this thread back onto the merits of the DX50 and what it pairs well with or not well with in terms of amps and DACs and headphone/IEMs.

Disclaimer: I do not intend offense to anyone who with strong views supporting their listening views about digital transports but I am concerned some young members may be influenced to spend ridiculous sums chasing their nirvana unnecessarily without balance from contrary viewpoints. Believe what you will but with respect.

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #4,409 of 18,652
Okay, so clearly some of you may think I was Trolling seeing as no one seems prepared to offer a comment. It was certainly a tongue in cheek question, I'll accept that, but this valuable "appreciation" thread has both gone off topic and silly at the same time.

All this talk of "I can hear the difference from one SD card to another" doesn't belong here. I don't doubt some of you believe you can, but as I have maintained elsewhere, only proper blind testing can overcome the inconsistency introduced by other senses, especially the hip pocket nerve.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/486598/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths#post_6605887

And make your own conclusions. But for now, can we keep this thread back onto the merits of the DX50 and what it pairs well with or not well with in terms of amps and DACs and headphone/IEMs.

Disclaimer: I do not intend offense to anyone who with strong views supporting their listening views about digital transports but I am concerned some young members may be influenced to spend ridiculous sums chasing their nirvana unnecessarily without balance from contrary viewpoints. Believe what you will but with respect.

Glad to hear it. And a fine tongue in cheek question it was.  :)

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #4,410 of 18,652

Second that! It is time to leave this thread if it went on this way :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back