The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #4,231 of 18,652
They need to fix the long name issue like fix it fix it!!!! Or i am not gonna buy anything from them anymore....! Or at least until db3/pb3 comes out next year...........LoL

Seriously, i read that we cant change 8741 for this player bcos vol control is linked to the dac chip... Looks like 8741 mod would be similar to rwak1x0-s type mod...

I am sending in the player next week to see if any mod possible...

there is dac mod available for dx50?

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #4,232 of 18,652
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #4,233 of 18,652
  Just as an FYI, I have a decent number of ogg files, and my music files are all stored at the root of my sd card, so browsing by folder - not so much.

So I emailed iBasso, basically explaining my issues, that it doesn't read the meta-data, and that includes album cover images. The second issue is annoying, the first makes my music unbrowsable (at least the ogg files). I was hoping to get an idea of when a fix would be implemented, so I know if I should transcode my **** or not.

The second was a suggestion that they add images to the artist browsing section. I know they say that it would slow it down, but browsing by album doesn't really present slowness issues, so....

The response I got was kind of comical:

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
The DX50 can play OGG. OGG's ID3 will be supported in the future firmware.

Sincerely

LOL. I mean, actually SAID in my original email, the files play, but I can't browse them for ****. And that's what I get in reply. I know from past experience with iBasso that a lot of it is language barrier. But on the plus side, they're going to fix the ogg issues.

On the Minus, that will be sometime between now and the apocalypse. 

I am hoping they err towards the former. Perhaps in this imminent firmware release?

So your actual "system" is to dump every file in the root of the directory, and now it's iBasso problem that this doesn't work for you?

Directories are your friend, embrace them.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #4,236 of 18,652

just get a Sandisk, it won't go wrong

Well I would say, get a Samsung, it can't go wrong 
redface.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #4,238 of 18,652
getting a toshiba 64gb.
you cant go wrong with stuff made in japan

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #4,240 of 18,652
Does anyone know if iBasso will be fixing the bug/removing the feature where your music fades in for the first second when gapless is set to "closed"?

Also, is there a difference between the "5 sec" and "10 sec" setting for gapless?

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #4,241 of 18,652
Does anyone know if iBasso will be fixing the bug/removing the feature where your music fades in for the first second when gapless is set to "closed"?

Also, is there a difference between the "5 sec" and "10 sec" setting for gapless?

Many members are reporting setting your gapless to 5 seconds corrects the issue for most parts, however someone reported  iBasso said they don't currently have anything planned. Just leave it set to 5 seconds, I don't see any reason not too? Even if the setting is on there'll still be gaps in normal albums (non gapless)

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #4,242 of 18,652
the most serious bug I've ever encountering is the media scanning. It works flawlessly on the 1st scan. When I try adding up more songs, the media scanning seems no more working reliably and it seems everything being messed up :frowning2: is there a solution?

ignore this! It was only myself messing up with the tags

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #4,243 of 18,652

i'm using Trancend, you can't go wrong with this one too :wink:  

getting a toshiba 64gb.
you cant go wrong with stuff made in japan

Hi All
For my experience with many brands micro sd or mini sd cards from Toshiba class 10 has the best SQ
My IMO

Please compare them with Toshiba

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #4,245 of 18,652

Many members are reporting setting your gapless to 5 seconds corrects the issue for most parts, however someone reported  iBasso said they don't currently have anything planned. Just leave it set to 5 seconds, I don't see any reason not too? Even if the setting is on there'll still be gaps in normal albums (non gapless)

In this case, there is a problem. For selection of a new album, the remnants of the previous song will be heard at the beginning of the song. Apparently the gapless buffer is not cleared. That does not always happen, but is often noticeable and annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back