The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #3,976 of 18,652
  ARGH! Now I can't reproduce the clicking sound using the same files, headphones and everything... 
mad.gif

Others had reported the same issue previously, I'll be sure to check in if it comes back.

My guess would be some external interference... I had clicking, once every second or so (very low , barely noticeable) when I had it near (about 1 meter) away fro my cellphone with wifi on. I turned off it and guess what - there was no click any more...

but it may very well be something different altogether...

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #3,977 of 18,652
  ARGH! Now I can't reproduce the clicking sound using the same files, headphones and everything... 
mad.gif

Others had reported the same issue previously, I'll be sure to check in if it comes back.

How low was the volume? Could be, like nihontoman said, just interference clicks from a cellphone, or a wifi antenna. I first had a similar interference when i was using the DX50 and i placed it close to my cellphone, while it was updating, and it did have some noise added to it. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #3,979 of 18,652
My guess would be some external interference... I had clicking, once every second or so (very low , barely noticeable) when I had it near (about 1 meter) away fro my cellphone with wifi on. I turned off it and guess what - there was no click any more...

but it may very well be something different altogether...

Back to the lab with me, I'll test some more! It happened as I walked around inside a store, so I guess it could have been caused by my phone struggling to hold on to a signal...

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #3,982 of 18,652
Wav is the best in term sq for me.
Because wav is like cd one to one .conversion I dont like compress file
I love audiophile sq .better sq with less songs than thousand songs with less sq
If you pair with external dsc snd amp you will notice that wav more pronouce and body 
My IMO

At first I thought you were just trolling, and then I realised you really meant what you said. Well done.

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #3,984 of 18,652
  It works. Thanks. :)

Some people said f/w1.1.6 has a better SQ than 1.2. Thus, I dare not to switch. :)

try it. nothing to loose. you can always revert to the 1.1.6. believe me, even if thee is any SQ difference (which I didn't really notice, therefore, it isn't) 1.2.0 will win you over with much more stable operation and added fatures...

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #3,985 of 18,652
At first I thought you were just trolling, and then I realised you really meant what you said. Well done.

Thank you tak-
I want to share my personal audio experience base on truth what I hear , that my friends no need to buy many audio gear like me , they can save money and can find the short way to buy audio gear , that like their wish . :D

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #3,987 of 18,652
Issues only happened to me for 24/192 files, not going to debate if 192's usefulness but just too lazy to downsample them for this player...
I had the same issue with ibasso db2 using coaxial in for 24/192 files.. the issues happens on all earphones

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #3,990 of 18,652
  Has anyone managed to improve the SQ significantly of DX50 by bypassing its internal DAC/AMP with external DAC/AMP? Basically to make DX50 as a Transport.

Please share.

A multitude of people have done exactly that and shared their findings in this very thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back