The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3,571 of 18,652
Well that's another story using iems on bikes can be dangerous because of inability to hear what's around you. Not something I would do but he does not seem to be bothered by that.

Haha, I used the SE215s when I biked too. And I agree, the isolation on these are too good, can barely make out whats around you. You'll hear a car honk... or a rice rocket driving by, thats about it hahaha. Not the best of ideas =P

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #3,573 of 18,652
  Hi guys

Ive decided to take the plunge and get the ibasso dx50 as my first proper audio player,just wondering has anyone been hit with customs charges when having it shipped to Europe?

Any advice much appreciated

Cheers
Steve

You will most likely not get charged because iBasso tends to declare their goods...well....not that precisely.

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #3,575 of 18,652
  You will most likely not get charged because iBasso tends to declare their goods...well....not that precisely.

Lol, I get you mate!! Hopefully wont take too long to arrive.. Only into the audio scene a few months,this forum aint doing my wallet any favours lol

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #3,576 of 18,652
either my hearing is getting better, or the smooth hiss/white noise is getting more noticeable. I only hear it with XB90EX though which has low impedanca and high sensitivity.

advice for OCD people like me: if you can't handle that minuscule amount of (maybe even imaginary) hiss, which ironicaly you try to hear every good damn time like a proper masochist, pair this dap with something that has more impedance and maybe is a bit less sensitive...

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3,577 of 18,652
either my hearing is getting better, or the smooth hiss/white noise is getting more noticeable. I only hear it with XB90EX though which has low impedanca and high sensitivity.

advice for OCD people like me: if you can't handle that minuscule amount of (maybe even imaginary) hiss, which ironicaly you try to hear every good damn time like a proper masochist, pair this dap with something that has more impedance and maybe is a bit less sensitive...

I hate to tell you this but if you put your iems through an amp and then the DX50, no more hiss. I know you'd prefer using the dap alone. I use the Pico Slim with it and it sounds wonderful so it ain't that bad. :wink:

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #3,578 of 18,652
I hate to tell you this but if you put your iems through an amp and then the DX50, no more hiss. I know you'd prefer using the dap alone. I use the Pico Slim with it and it sounds wonderful so it ain't that bad. :wink:
Agreed. Althought the hiss isn't that bad. The player is very detailed and revealing so a bad or old recording will have noise that gets accentuated. I had the same issue with a pair of spica tc50 speakers I purchased back in 1992. I still have and love those speakers. A great recording would sound superb while a bad or marginal recording would send me running for the hills. There are still a few cd's I can't stand to listen to 20 years later.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #3,579 of 18,652
Agreed. Althought the hiss isn't that bad. The player is very detailed and revealing so a bad or old recording will have noise that gets accentuated. I had the same issue with a pair of spica tc50 speakers I purchased back in 1992. I still have and love those speakers. A great recording would sound superb while a bad or marginal recording would send me running for the hills. There are still a few cd's I can't stand to listen to 20 years later.

Great components seem to have the knack to accentuate the good and the bad.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #3,580 of 18,652

Vsonic Gr07 - Spacious, slightly warm sound. The treble can be a little harsh at times, but can be EQ'd. The gr07 makes for a nice budget combo with the dx50. There is no noticeable hiss with the gr07s thankfully.
I don't have the BE but the mkii is great with the dx50. If the BE doesn't have any treble or sibilance issues than it would probably be an even better combo with the dx50 considering that the dx50 is fairly neutral or perhaps slightly bright to some. 

I just got back my gr07s after having them recabled and to be honest i'm kinda not enjoying the sound with dx50. It's a bit too harsh and bright for me. I listen to fast paced rock music, and right now it's not really enjoyable. Before dx50 i had a rockboxed ipod classic and liked the sound much better.  Now i'm little afraid i might not like my dx50 with the 1964 ears CIEMs ill be receiving soon.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #3,582 of 18,652
  I just got back my gr07s after having them recabled and to be honest i'm kinda not enjoying the sound with dx50. It's a bit too harsh and bright for me. I listen to fast paced rock music, and right now it's not really enjoyable. Before dx50 i had a rockboxed ipod classic and liked the sound much better.  Now i'm little afraid i might not like my dx50 with the 1964 ears CIEMs ill be receiving soon.

Bright + bright =
frown.gif
?

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #3,584 of 18,652

I really liked the DX50 with my GR07 MKII. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back