The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 3, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #3,286 of 18,652
iBasso please stop altering the sound qualities of the player with each firmware update.  Pick a sound and stay with it.Having the adding track to a playlist only available on the ALL MUSIC window...with thousands of tracks inside of it and you being forced to scroll through your entire media folders, and then touching the little album art to open that option to add to a playlist is SOOOOO STUPIDDDDDDDDDDDD, please change that immediately.  At least add the option into the Settings > Music info area so it actually becomes a useful feature.  Who the heck is in charge of your UI, seriously?  Fire that person immediately! 3 firmware updates within a few weeks of the things release and they did cant get basic things right?

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #3,288 of 18,652

What's in the folder? Bear in mind I don't own the DX-50. From a computing standpoint it may be a cache folder for album art. Deleting shouldn't do any harm. But then it comes back... hehehe.

looks like as you say, just an album art cache folder. each track seems to have 3 images of 47kb in size . 3965 items in total. size of the folder is 185mb. yikes.

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #3,290 of 18,652
  iBasso please stop altering the sound qualities of the player with each firmware update.  Pick a sound and stay with it.Having the adding track to a playlist only available on the ALL MUSIC window...with thousands of tracks inside of it and you being forced to scroll through your entire media folders, and then touching the little album art to open that option to add to a playlist is SOOOOO STUPIDDDDDDDDDDDD, please change that immediately.  At least add the option into the Settings > Music info area so it actually becomes a useful feature.  Who the heck is in charge of your UI, seriously?  Fire that person immediately! 3 firmware updates within a few weeks of the things release and they did cant get basic things right?

There was a lot of discussion on another thread why smaller audio companies can't get the UI right. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #3,291 of 18,652

looks like as you say, just an album art cache folder. each track seems to have 3 images of 47kb in size . 3965 items in total. size of the folder is 185mb. yikes.

Looks like part of their scanning process, it's a cache library and should not be deleted else it will rebuild again unnecessarily. It was proposed to leave the internal memory alone for building the cache, those get pretty big.

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #3,292 of 18,652
Looks like part of their scanning process, it's a cache library and should not be deleted else it will rebuild again unnecessarily. It was proposed to leave the internal memory alone for building the cache, those get pretty big.

ok cheers so in terms of badness, the only harm caused by deleting it is the time it will take to re-build it? that makes me feel better.
smile.gif
i guess any new firmware would wipe it out anyway and it just re-populates as needed?

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #3,294 of 18,652
I went back to  v1.1.6. I can almost swear the sound changed on v1.2, I can't be 100% sure though.

Felt like I needed more volume to get similar levels of detail, I didn't like it. I'd be more than happy to stay on v1.1.6 forever if there was no volume bug, (the only thing I need fixed personally). I only use the directory for folder browsing. Oh, and my battery meter doesn't work accurately, that would be nice to have working. I'm going to wait and maybe even put the player aside, because the firmware coming out are half-baked as the player atm, hopefully in a few months, I'll just jump to the latest greatest update. (if it installs) and do things that way.

It's becoming a little frustrating all these bugs and half fix patches. :/  I think there's only so much time we can say "they're going to fix it" I feel iBasso may of bitten of a little more than they can chew atm. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #3,295 of 18,652

There was a lot of discussion on another thread why smaller audio companies can't get the UI right. 

I just cannot comprehend how you can misfire so many times and not get the basics correct.  Adding a track to a playlist can only be done in the All music / artists or album navigator folders.  Why?  That is crazy.  Whats more crazy is that there is no way to add to a playlist on the currently playing window? What on earth...so its like whoever was in charge of their UI design say " ya, who needs to add a track to a playlist in the now playing area.  We dont need that, lets make them sift through potentially thousands of tracks and touch a really tiny album art icon to open that option.  If they miss it, it starts the track in the now playing area and there is no way to add that track to the playlist without going right back to the all music folder, or the artist and album area.  Too bad if you have a niec big album under one artist and the track you want starts with a letter at the end of the alphabet.   Lets make them cycle all the way down to select it, and if they miss that little icon, too bad.  Gotta redo it"

I have no problem with the UI, its slick and simple but serious fix that darn playlist nonsense already and STOP ALTERING THE SOUND OF THE PLAYER WITH EACH FIRMWARE.  INSTEAD PLEASE MAKE THE EQ MORE RESPONSIVE.  I CAN TURN THE BASS ALL THE WAY UP IN THE CUSTOM AREA AND GET VERY LITTLE CHANGE FROM A DEAD FLAT SETTING.  I WOULD LIKE TO ALTER MY EQ TO MY LIKING, PLEASE STOP CHANGING THE STOCK SOUND OF THE PLAYER.  IT IS GREAT AS IT WAS, THATS ENOUGH CHANGE ALREADY.

EDIT:  H20 it most  certainly changed man, the mids are not as forward and the stage seems noticeably less tall

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #3,296 of 18,652
Listen buddy you need to stop spamming the threads with your frustrations if the dap is not for you either sell it or return it. They are loads of people who would love to buy it from you. Take it up with iBasso if you have any issues, they'll be the ones who can solve your issues.

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #3,297 of 18,652
  EDIT:  H20 it most  certainly changed man, the mids are not as forward and the stage seems noticeably less tall

Well that's why I went back, it didn't sound right to me, I know what my set listening volume was on v1.1.6 and it wasn't the same on v.1.2

What concerns me more so, is half these players iBasso have sold/shipped may never see an update, we can't grantuee everyone who bought one is following this thread, we can't be sure they're aware of updating firmware, what about those people, the ones who just live with a bugged out DX50 forever because they don't know any better nad iBasso sent them out.

People can post all they want about how faboulous their experience is, these are ones who never mention as SINGLE issue, but the truth needs to be told  DX50 is far from stable. With the freezes, resets. I mean you can't even install firmware half the time without needing to stuff around and boot into recovery or have some freeze.

Let the truth be known. iBasso fix your damn player before you go bankrupt! Time to get this s*** sorted.

I'll leave the thread be now, I have said my piece, I don't want people buying unaware.

Oct 3, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #3,300 of 18,652
Well. I haven't had a freeze or reset. The volume bug neither. Anyone who buys a product and don't know how to check/update firmware shouldn't probably buy the product. Still better than the garbage colorfly c3 ui which has zero updates now. As for sound changes I haven't heard the latest fw but I doubt it's night and day like some claim. Don't like the player go get something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back