The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2,371 of 18,652
I updated to 1.16 from 1.15 last night. It seems to be a bit more stable for me so far. If it stays the way it is now it won't be too bad. The only thing I noticed is that when I'm in the all music screen it only shows what's on the internal drive but not sd. 

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2,372 of 18,652
  i have to pull out the battery when the touch screen fail completely...buggy...

not me... i just need to hold the power switch for a while to turn it off.....afterward, i would turn it on and avoid playing the same file or doing what i was doing with the player... I cannot find the pattern but i have a hunch that it has to do with tags..... it makes me wonder if they can really nail down all the bugs.....

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,373 of 18,652
  I like this pairing so far... the flat-4 kuro are quite bass heavy which are not suitable for modded x3 (the bass will not go away.......). however when paring with DX50, it gives a more fun and balanced sound....they are not as sensitive as the Fitear hence i needed to ramp up the vol quite a bit (or maybe i have gone deaf LoL).... pretty good mid-fi choice... I will give it another week listen  to see if sound isolation is not a problem outdoor... I may even recommend to friends who demand quality in earphones but do not want to spend 4 figures usd on earphones....

Out of topic, how is their isolation mate? I wonder that Flat4 iem family. They indeed look cool but do they isolate good or poor considering they are iems?

EDIT: After seeing that you didn't finish your test with them at outside, just nevermind my question for now. Sorry for bothering you
happy_face1.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #2,374 of 18,652
guys, where can I get the additional screen protector for this? what would be a good fit for this?

I tried to apply the one that came with it did an excellent job aligning and making sure there was no dust on the screen. when I applied it, it turned out upside down :D I know I know...
can anyone help?

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #2,375 of 18,652
  Out of topic, how is their isolation mate? I wonder that Flat4 iem family. They indeed look cool but do they isolate good or poor considering they are iems?

EDIT: After seeing that you didn't finish your test with them at outside, just nevermind my question for now. Sorry for bothering you
happy_face1.gif

i hope to report to you later... the streets/subway in Hong Kong are insanely noisy.... no c/iem can save us... lol

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #2,377 of 18,652
  guys, where can I get the additional screen protector for this? what would be a good fit for this?

I tried to apply the one that came with it did an excellent job aligning and making sure there was no dust on the screen. when I applied it, it turned out upside down :D I know I know...
can anyone help?

You can get a 2.4" screen protector off eBay or see if iBasso will send you a new screen protector.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2,378 of 18,652

can anyone help?

Not sure you can find one that fits exactly like the one that came with the player, so I wonder if iBasso can sell them separately.

If you don't mind a little cutting with an exacto knife, there are screen shield sold by reputable vendors like Zagg and Bodyguarz. There are cheaper versions (you got what you pay for) but got great tactile response and visibility with both I just mentioned. If you want a good supply buy the iPad protection and cut many out of it. :)

EDIT: many hits on the net, measure the screen and go shop :D

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #2,379 of 18,652

You can get a 2.4" screen protector off eBay or see if iBasso will send you a new screen protector.

The are that needs to be covered is much bigger than the screen itself and getting the right size would be difficult...

I'll email iBasso, but if they use the same shipping for the screen protectors, it would be very expensive

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #2,380 of 18,652
I used an iPhone 4S screen protector, of course it needs to be cut, I suggest not throwing the original away, because it makes a good template.

Sep 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2,382 of 18,652
The iPhone 5s also fits but needs to be cut, the size is not standard so cutting will be needed if you want a good fit. Using a bigger shield, one can cut at least an extra one for the scratch prone back. That's what I thought of doing.

EDIT: 5s is a little short width wise so a no go. :frowning2:

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #2,385 of 18,652
Hi guys. Does dx50+d12 = ipod+d12 in terms of SQ?

I can't comment out of a unmodded iPod as I do not own one any longer.

But from my Supercaps iMod, the pairing is magical as far as bass is concerned, the highs are not as bright as the DX50 but very clear and non fatiguing which is a big plus for me.

They each have their plus and minuses and as far as enjoyment with an amp, the imod is easier to match, so far there isn't an amp in my collection that sounds awful with the imod. The DX50 on the other hand, it makes little difference except maybe to slightly attenuate the bright highs. The only combo that is different but again that's due to the D12 double Wolfson, is when used with coax. I did not comment because it is not a fair comparison and besides, the dx50 circuitry does very little in the connection (amp and dac bypassed).

IMod

DX50

EDIT: I caught a few reviewers talking about analytic and musical, DX50 is analytic and iMod musical. To be honest it's hard to compare the two I have as they each shines in different areas of the frequency spectrum but does not negate one from the other, they both are enjoyable to listen to on their own. As to listening for a long time, the imod is easier for longer periods of time, the DX50 tend to irritate me after a few hours. Amping the DX50 tends to lengthen my listening session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back