The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #1,292 of 18,652
Originally Posted by azarel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Instruction For Firmware upgrade:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX50;
2, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears after the DX50 has the update.img inside);
3, click OK to start the firmware update;
4, after the firmware update completed, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX50;
5, delete the update.img.

the 4th step probably the most important, if done correctly step 5 is actually redundant.

Finally my DX50 has arrive a few hours ago.

For my case, after the firmware update is completed, factory reset was initiated automatically. Subsequently, all the files were automatically deleted, including the update.img

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #1,293 of 18,652
Anyone hearing a clicking sound coming from inside the device when shutting down? Didn't hear this before upgrading firmware to 1.1.5. Doesn't sound like it should be happening.

EDIT: Also happens when booting up, but not as loud. 
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #1,294 of 18,652
Mine has been like this from day one!

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,295 of 18,652
I have to say I am very happy after the update

been using mine on and off for most of the day and it's only froze once - when scanning after initially upgrading the firmware, so could be expected I guess

it certainly seems quicker and more fluent and ive really put the skipping between albums to the test and ive not had a drop, freeze or random skip at all - so this is a huge improvement for me

I think there still could be issues with the ' mark as I still cannot get 2 tracks to play - but all the others now do - which again, is an improvement

the unit seems louder now as well, before I may have had volume around 240/245 but now I don't have it past 230 - so again, this is good for me

my only gripe would be the art duplication by album search and not being able to go back to the previous part on a list when going back a menu - it takes you to the top of the list - I've put this over to Ibasso who say they will look at this next week

I am now enjoying this player a lot and feel I can actually listen to it and enjoy it rather than waiting for the next skip ,freeze, crash or jump

I would appreciate if people could share any tweaks done with the equalizer - could help everybody get a little more from the dx50

I'll have a play and see what I can find and post back later

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #1,296 of 18,652
Not with HD files, though. At the moment, the DX50 is strictly Redbook-only (and has become rather bass-heavy)...

Hmm...what do you mean by this? Has the firmware update made the unit more bassy? Or is this an effect of burn-in?

One thing I have been reading about this player that is attractive to me is it's supposedly more neutral and if anything a bit on the bright side with treble emphasis. That is what I'm looking for to pair with my Heir 8.A which can get to muddy if the source is bass heavy or woolly.

Sorensiim- you've got to share some impressions of the DX50 with 8.A for me when you get it. A thumbs up or down? :)

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #1,297 of 18,652
  Anyone hearing a clicking sound coming from inside the device when shutting down? Didn't hear this before upgrading firmware to 1.1.5. Doesn't sound like it should be happening.

EDIT: Also happens when booting up, but not as loud. 
confused_face(1).gif

very mild / light, my fiio e12 amp used to do exactly the same - think mine did it before the update, more like a little "pop" to me - assuming its the same noise? could be just the amp section coming on? (I am no electronics expert though lol)

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #1,298 of 18,652

very mild / light, my fiio e12 amp used to do exactly the same - think mine did it before the update, more like a little "pop" to me - assuming its the same noise? could be just the amp section coming on? (I am no electronics expert though lol)

Thanks, me neither. Only had the thing roughly 36 hours. Maybe the first day I was just too excited to notice these minor details. Update made me paranoid it seems lol.

Everything seems to be working great though 
smile.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #1,300 of 18,652
Did anyone here use EMS for shipping? I was in the first batch and I am still waiting for mine. I checked the tracking number on the EMS website and it shows it was delivered and signed for by someone in the City of Guangzhou. However, on the Canada Post website it shows the item is on route to Canada. I'm confused?!?!

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,302 of 18,652
Really really liking it so far :wink:
The UI is a little bit wonky, but far away from being unusable.

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1,303 of 18,652

EDIT: Also happens when booting up, but not as loud. :confused_face(1):

It's the amp section turning on and off. The DX100 does the same, as do most stand-alone amps :)
Hmm...what do you mean by this? Has the firmware update made the unit more bassy? Or is this an effect of burn-in?

One thing I have been reading about this player that is attractive to me is it's supposedly more neutral and if anything a bit on the bright side with treble emphasis. That is what I'm looking for to pair with my Heir 8.A which can get to muddy if the source is bass heavy or woolly.

Sorensiim- you've got to share some impressions of the DX50 with 8.A for me when you get it. A thumbs up or down? :)

You betcha! Initial reports sound like it has much the same signature as the DX100, so there's a good chance that it'll be a very nice pairing!

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #1,304 of 18,652
  Did anyone here use EMS for shipping? I was in the first batch and I am still waiting for mine. I checked the tracking number on the EMS website and it shows it was delivered and signed for by someone in the City of Guangzhou. However, on the Canada Post website it shows the item is on route to Canada. I'm confused?!?!

Yes, mine from the first batch and without updates since departed from International office past saturday 7th.

I asked for EMS shipping only to avoid a bit the taxes and obviously a bad choice, since It seems people in my country have received DX50's from the second batch without fees with DHL.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #1,305 of 18,652

Yes, mine from the first batch and without updates since departed from International office past saturday 7th.

I asked for EMS shipping only to avoid a bit the taxes and obviously a bad choice, since It seems people in my country have received DX50's from the second batch without fees with DHL.

I'm regretting it too. It's either taking it's time getting here or they shipped mine to the wrong person. I contacted iBasso and they said they will check with the courier and get back to me tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back