The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 13, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #1,246 of 18,652
Ok, got it working and the volume seems to be a bit louder and for some reason there seems to be more bass. Good thing is that it didn't play some songs that didn't have an ' but now it does. 
Bad news is that the ' issue has not been sorted out whatsoever. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #1,247 of 18,652

That didn't work either but I finally got the firmware to install.  What I did was I made sure to delete everything on the DX50's internal storage including the "Lost.dir" folder.  After that I downloaded the firmware again and made sure I used the main USB input on the back of my PC instead of the front bay.  I went through the process and it gave me weird messages like "Please KEEP your USB cable DC-in connected."

I ignored that and it updated just fine.  Now it seems like the player will remember where you left off when navigating through folders without having to scroll all the way back to where you were.  The "Play All" works fine now.  And of course, I notice if I tap on the cover art file (Not in the "Now Playing" screen) it'll give me an option to "Add to Playlist."  But then there's no way to access that playlist yet.

tks for the tips. followed your steps and the update completed perfectly! Tried playing those albums which had couldn't be recognized in the previous firmware but it can be played in the new firmware.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #1,248 of 18,652
After reading all these negatives, im definitely waiting for a more stable version. Mine works fine with the original firmware right now.

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #1,249 of 18,652
  After reading all these negatives, im definitely waiting for a more stable version. Mine works fine with the original firmware right now.

It works fine, better than the original firmware...
You just have to follow instructions from iBasso. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #1,251 of 18,652
Did the flashing a while ago. The whole process took less than 10min to complete. Pretty fast for a 240MB firmware.

The album cover art is working well, play all is working too. Albums which could not play previously are now recognised and played perfectly

The 'always on top' bug is now gone. Going one level back brings you to where you have left. So no more scrolling all the way again from top.

However the album list is screwed. Compilations with multi singers are now recognising each song as separate album. Kind of irritating.

Definitely an improvement and now I enjoy DX50 more. 

It will be better again with subsequent firmware release. Looking forward to this! 

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #1,253 of 18,652
  Did the flashing a while ago. The whole process took less than 10min to complete. Pretty fast for a 240MB firmware.

The album cover art is working well, play all is working too. Albums which could not play previously are now recognised and played perfectly

The 'always on top' bug is now gone. Going one level back brings you to where you have left. So no more scrolling all the way again from top.

However the album list is screwed. Compilations with multi singers are now recognising each song as separate album. Kind of irritating.

It will be better again with subsequent firmware release. Looking forward to this! 

I've realised this and it is incredibly annoying. 

wow...seem like i am not alone~.....i got a 100 songs compi. album... and the album list now become super long~

only way is to use browse directory direct to my sdcard :frowning2:

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #1,254 of 18,652
The only issues that are bothering me with the DX50 now are that tracks with apostrophe won't play and always having to scroll down again after going back from a folder. I'm getting mixed responses from people on here that it is and isn't fixed with this update. Is it worth the risk of installing it? No one has actually bricked their device, have they?

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #1,256 of 18,652

have the same problem with almost every music playing firmware, except for foobar on my pc... hope that will be rectified, because it is too annoying...

Sep 13, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #1,257 of 18,652
This update is a step backwards for me. Compilations are now repeated as individual artist albums. Some of my high res tracks are now x2 slower when played. :frowning2:

Hope they can release the older firmware for me to revert!

Sep 13, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #1,258 of 18,652
The only issues that are bothering me with the DX50 now are that tracks with apostrophe won't play and always having to scroll down again after going back from a folder. I'm getting mixed responses from people on here that it is and isn't fixed with this update. Is it worth the risk of installing it? No one has actually bricked their device, have they?

Exactly what I need to know first

I'm not bothered by the repeated album issue as only currently browse via directory and select my choice that way

Sep 13, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #1,259 of 18,652
SQ wise I strongly approve of the increased bass! Makes my music a bit more fun to listen to but unfortunately none of the important bugs for me were fixed..
My files with aprostrophes still do not work still and there is no Korean character support. :\

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,260 of 18,652
I'm finding that the volume is a little low and for some reason not all of my tracks are being scanned in from my sd card. I can browse them all but when I try to play them it tries to scan and then does nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back