The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #661 of 18,652
some (most of my music) are dj mix albums, when I click sd card, flac, album, select an album it will show the whole list of tracks, hit play from the 1st one and when it plays some of the tracks are missing

really annoyed with this as spent a whole evening on Friday re-tagging, some time Saturday and sunday and now today as well - a few bugs fair enough but this is more than enough for me I think

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #662 of 18,652

when I scroll by album they all appear in order as they should (say 1 - 14), then I play from one and skip through the tracks, for example 4, 7 & 10 could be missing altogether - the thing just doesn't seem to read them when playing

these are gapless albums as well so it is fundamental they tracks are all picked up

Have you tried going in through the file browser and playing the album that way? My DX50 had a similar problem where it thought I hadn't changed the tags, so went through the file browser, 'refreshing' the list, and they started working again. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #664 of 18,652
Just got my DX50 few hours ago, first the construction is A1, feels solid and really looks well made, the packing box is quite attractive, I was going to throw the DX50 and keep the box :D

I won't be able to say much as I would like to because I need way more time to appreciate it but to start;

The word sexy comes to mind as to how it looks, I also like the heft. Now. I know some people feel that the iMod is not comparable to this dap but as promised I compared both and I am sad (and I kind of expected that) to say that my iMod is better than the DX50, so as such iMod > DX50.  Now, I figured that this was unfair because the iMod requires an amp, so I figure let's use the same amp and compare again, well, sorry still holds. Ok now that I have that out of the way, I am going back to listen to it longer, put more mileage and also do additional comparisons and tests (maybe the burn-in might change my mind as to the above comparison - doubt though). I am also going to experiment with the interface and the USB access plus the Coax features now that I have a D12 available for that.

Conclusion though, it is a nice dap, no doubt I truly think iBasso got a winner in the reasonable category.

Tourlou! :)

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #666 of 18,652
Hi,

did anyone test the search function? Is there such a thing? On older pictures there it is

500x1000px-LL-66012eec_33.jpeg

Example: i dont' know album and artist but in the title there is ...wait a minute .... ah!  "moonlight" included.
Now DX50's task: show me everything with "moonlight". Does this run in every displaymode (album, artist, folder, all files,....) ?

Imo this is a must have, cause it's neither fun nor state-of-the-art searching "the one" out of thousands, mannually!

Thanks for answering

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #667 of 18,652

Have you tried going in through the file browser and playing the album that way? My DX50 had a similar problem where it thought I hadn't changed the tags, so went through the file browser, 'refreshing' the list, and they started working again.

not sure what you mean by file browser??

here's an example, I have random access memories by daft punk

when I click on directory, sd card, flac, then the album - every single track comes up

I choose the first one to play, now if I forward tracks when I get to 11 it skips 12 and goes to 13

12 happened to be doin' it right

but ive re-named it as doing it right - however it simply will not play

other albums have the tracks playing in the wrong order as well

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #668 of 18,652
The instrument seperation and spacious staging of the DX100 definitely trumps the DX50, I can tell this so far listening to some stuff back and forth.  Vocals/midstage is great on the DX50, not far behind the DX100 @ all in this regard IMO.  For $250 this is crazy good.  This is listening to just the line out on both of them amp'ed with O2.

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #669 of 18,652
Hi,

did anyone test the search function? Is there such a thing? On older pictures there it is

500x1000px-LL-66012eec_33.jpeg

Example: i dont' know album and artist but in the title there is ...wait a minute .... ah!  "moonlight" included.
Now DX50's task: show me everything with "moonlight". Does this run in every displaymode (album, artist, folder, all files,....) ?

Imo this is a must have, cause it's neither fun nor state-of-the-art searching "the one" out of thousands, mannually!

Thanks for answering

I've asked this question like 3 times. No answer. People don't seem to care... which is crazy. You people are crazy!

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #670 of 18,652

not sure what you mean by file browser??

here's an example, I have random access memories by daft punk

when I click on directory, sd card, flac, then the album - every single track comes up

I choose the first one to play, now if I forward tracks when I get to 11 it skips 12 and goes to 13

12 happened to be doin' it right

but ive re-named it as doing it right - however it simply will not play

other albums have the tracks playing in the wrong order as well

Ah, I meant the directory bit. Could you upload the track somewhere and send it to me so I can test? I'm not trying to encourage filesharing or anything, just trying to help.

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #672 of 18,652
  Just got my DX50 few hours ago, first the construction is A1, feels solid and really looks well made, the packing box is quite attractive, I was going to throw the DX50 and keep the box :D

I won't be able to say much as I would like to because I need way more time to appreciate it but to start;

The word sexy comes to mind as to how it looks, I also like the heft. Now. I know some people feel that the iMod is not comparable to this dap but as promised I compared both and I am sad (and I kind of expected that) to say that my iMod is better than the DX50, so as such iMod > DX50.  Now, I figured that this was unfair because the iMod requires an amp, so I figure let's use the same amp and compare again, well, sorry still holds. Ok now that I have that out of the way, I am going back to listen to it longer, put more mileage and also do additional comparisons and tests (maybe the burn-in might change my mind as to the above comparison - doubt though). I am also going to experiment with the interface and the USB access plus the Coax features now that I have a D12 available for that.

Conclusion though, it is a nice dap, no doubt I truly think iBasso got a winner in the reasonable category.

Tourlou! :)

While I am sorry the DX50 may fall short of your expectations, I am not surprised by your initial comparison results with the diyimod. It's these diyimods which have been keeping me from making donations.

Now please open the damn thing and let me know the diameter of those cylinders.
wink_face.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #674 of 18,652
  Does anyone recommend a certain brand for the microsdxc card? I'm thinking of getting a 64gb Patriot card as I have never had issues with their cards.

I bought a 64GB Class 10 SDXC from Sony for $70.
Does the brand really matter?

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #675 of 18,652

Ah, I meant the directory bit. Could you upload the track somewhere and send it to me so I can test? I'm not trying to encourage filesharing or anything, just trying to help.

thanks, however the daft punk one is fixed

in mp3 tag there is the list on the left - I re-named it there as well. works for this one but not others, i'm at a loss here I really am

Users who are viewing this thread

Back