The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #481 of 18,652
  sure.... I could be wrong but I am sure there are more experienced head-fier to correct me...

mod x3 bass and treble are more prominent... i.e. more exciting when u want to hear the horn goes absolutely batsxxt crazy... like free jazz, late coltrane or albery ayler where you dont really care so much about SQ but let it flowwwww....
Dx50 is more balanced and neutral like sitting in a very controlled environment, introspective like Bill Evans piano solo...

Another interesting fact about DX50 is that even for the same pair of IEM, please remember to adjust the gain setting when listening to different albums (some are better to set it as High while others are not... )

Please take my opinion with truckload of salt bcos I am really no audiophile... I have just picked up this hobby so to quickly enhance listening experience...

Thanks a ton!
Weird that the modded X3 should be so v-shaped, judging buy your impressions. I'm no audiophile myself but I thought that AD8620 is more neutral than the stock AD8397.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #482 of 18,652

Thanks a ton!
Weird that the modded X3 should be so v-shaped, judging buy your impressions. I'm no audiophile myself but I thought that AD8620 is more neutral than the stock AD8397.

Note that my comparison was made with DX50 as i dont have stock X3 anymore... everything is relative I guess..

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #483 of 18,652
  Note that my comparison was made with DX50 as i dont have stock X3 anymore... everything is relative I guess..

Well, it's either DX50 is mid-centric or your modded X3 is v-shaped 
rolleyes.gif

Or maybe there's some difference in scene and separation that makes things less or more prominent.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #484 of 18,652
it seems the 3rd batch is sold out, probaly a dumb question but do they have to show a lot of interest to make another batch or how does that work. I want to buy one but i will wait another month or two to have the latest and greatest firmware. I have the X3 which im sure is similar but want them both.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #485 of 18,652
  it seems the 3rd batch is sold out, probaly a dumb question but do they have to show a lot of interest to make another batch or how does that work. I want to buy one but i will wait another month or two to have the latest and greatest firmware. I have the X3 which im sure is similar but want them both.

it's sold out? but that isn't stated in their website..

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #486 of 18,652

I'm pretty sure they'll make more. or it would make no sense, especially the pricing :)

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #487 of 18,652

I don't think it is sold out, I am able to go through the purchasing process. If it was sold out, I assume I would not be able to even select one and they display the sold out tag when that happens.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #488 of 18,652
Cannot bear anymore ... I just placed an order

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #492 of 18,652

Can you tell us how much DX50 behind DX100 in term of Sound Quality?

I am sorry, I dont have DX100... but I sure hope it is 590usd much better...

CosmicHolyGhost, is the DX50 sound quality comparable to the 901 or is the DX50 sound quality an obvious downgrade when going back and forth? I would think it would be hard to downgrade to the DX50 if you have 901 available. Is the DX50 sound signature better at playing anything (music type/specific hp) that would justify choosing it over the 901?

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #493 of 18,652
maybe i was just assuming here is what it reads on there site;

First batch: 300pcs, will be shipped on Aug 26th. (all of the first batch DX50s were reserved)
Second batch: 500pcs, will be shipped on Sep 6th. (all of the second batch DX50s were reserved)
Third batch: 500pcs, will be shipped on Sep 16th.

I just figured they were but it must just mean they are made and ready to sell.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #494 of 18,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back