The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 3, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #16,711 of 18,652
I love the sound of 1.8.0, what I would like fixed is when it says you are listening to 24bit files and they aren't, to be able to skip back a track in shuffle mode and it go back to the previous one not another random track and for them to fix the screen scroll. I don't like the fact that you scroll, it scrolls up the screen fast for a random time then suddenly stops.

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #16,712 of 18,652
Hi everyone! I'm wanting to buy the DX50 but where is the best place to buy it from that ships to New Zealand? I've noticed some dodgy sites with bad reviews that I'm trying to stay away from and of course Amazon doesn't ship it to NZ. Is the best place to buy it from ibasso.com? I'm assuming that's their official website and that it's safe? Some links are broken/content isn't showing up so I wasn't sure. Thanks! :)

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #16,713 of 18,652

I recently obtained an Ibasso DX50, I am able to plug in the USB with my MicroSD card and it pops up a window and allows me to open the folder to browse my MicroSD. However, without my micro SD in the Ibasso, it give me the error of " could not recognize USB device". So I am unable to access my internal storage. Here is a pic of my "system" WITH the MicroSD card installed. It seems like it does not detect my internal memory

I could care less about the 8gb of internal storage, I plan on just using my MicroSD. My only concern is if the internal memory is necessary to be accesed in order to do any Firmware updates moving forward?

Also, I have the latest Firmware installed and I have downloaded the most recent drivers. I obtained it with the Current Firmware installed. The previous owner stated that they erased all of the music they had stored on the internal memory and prior to that, it worked fine. Could something have happened when he erased stuff off the internal drive?

Thanks.

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #16,714 of 18,652
I have to confess that I've never seen that before on anything. I have to wonder if by "erase" the prior owner somehow formatted the internal memory to something other than FAT32? If you switch the player on and (with no memory card in it) connect it via usb to a PC it does not recognize the player, is that correct? If that is the case maybe on the DX go to Settings>Advanced>Factory Reset (with the memory card out) and see if that helps. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #16,715 of 18,652
Nope, Did a Factory reset without the card. Went back to computer made sure it was set to Storage under USB settings, and I got the same USB device not recognized. I can switch the USB settings to "charge only" and it will charge so the connection is there. And again, if I plug in the MIcroSD it detects it. So basically, it's only detecting the MicroSD and not the internal memory. Has anyone else ever had the internal storage show as 0.00gb. ?

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #16,716 of 18,652
  Hi everyone! I'm wanting to buy the DX50 but where is the best place to buy it from that ships to New Zealand? I've noticed some dodgy sites with bad reviews that I'm trying to stay away from and of course Amazon doesn't ship it to NZ. Is the best place to buy it from ibasso.com? I'm assuming that's their official website and that it's safe? Some links are broken/content isn't showing up so I wasn't sure. Thanks! :)

You can use our website. It is safe and secure.
Nope, Did a Factory reset without the card. Went back to computer made sure it was set to Storage under USB settings, and I got the same USB device not recognized. I can switch the USB settings to "charge only" and it will charge so the connection is there. And again, if I plug in the MIcroSD it detects it. So basically, it's only detecting the MicroSD and not the internal memory. Has anyone else ever had the internal storage show as 0.00gb. ?

Have you tried the Batch Tool? It is on the first page of the DX90 thread.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 4, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #16,717 of 18,652
You can use our website. It is safe and secure.
Have you tried the Batch Tool? It is on the first page of the DX90 thread.

I did a swipe and factory rest and now I can see my internal storage, However when I hook up to my computer via USB it still does not recognize it. In fact now it does not recognize it regardless if I have the MicroSD card in or not. I thought pressing the power and volume up was the step to got to the batch tool, but it seems as though it is not, I am reaching out to a forum member to get instructions and a link to find the Batch tool. Did not find the correct thread I guess that you mentioned.

James

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #16,719 of 18,652
Thanks Paul! I very much look forward to using your product.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #16,720 of 18,652
I did a swipe and factory rest and now I can see my internal storage, However when I hook up to my computer via USB it still does not recognize it. In fact now it does not recognize it regardless if I have the MicroSD card in or not. I thought pressing the power and volume up was the step to got to the batch tool, but it seems as though it is not, I am reaching out to a forum member to get instructions and a link to find the Batch tool. Did not find the correct thread I guess that you mentioned.

James

There is a place on the DX90 thread first page to download the batch tool to PC. You have to follow the directions for the use on the page. To have the DX recognized by the batch tool you have to have the DX off and then plug in the USB to it and the computer while holding only the volume + key. You do not use the power key.

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #16,721 of 18,652
Dear Paul from iBasso,

I am using the DX 50 right now and am quite happy with it, but it lacks the instrument separation and bass which I can get from the O2/ODAC.
I am driving the newly bought beyerdynamic T1's with them and would like an upgrade. 

Will iBasso be releasing a new DAP in the next 6 months? Or should I get the DX 90? Will the DX 90 be able to drive the T1's well?
Will you be able to make short comparisons with the newly released Fiio X3 II as well?

Thank you.
Best,
Shu.

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #16,722 of 18,652
There is a place on the DX90 thread first page to download the batch tool to PC. You have to follow the directions for the use on the page. To have the DX recognized by the batch tool you have to have the DX off and then plug in the USB to it and the computer while holding only the volume + key. You do not use the power key.

Paul, I must really be missing something, perhaps I am looking at the wrong DX90 thread, this is the first result when I search for DX90

Is there another thread I should be looking at? I found no mention of the Batch Tool on the first or second page. Sorry to be a bother, I just really want to get my Ibasso to be recognized!!

Thanks,
James

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #16,723 of 18,652
Paul, I must really be missing something, perhaps I am looking at the wrong DX90 thread, this is the first result when I search for DX90

Is there another thread I should be looking at? I found no mention of the Batch Tool on the first or second page. Sorry to be a bother, I just really want to get my Ibasso to be recognized!!

Thanks,
James

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-1-8

It is about 1/4 of the way down the first entry on the thread.

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #16,724 of 18,652
I run my T1 with an DX90 and it can drive the T1 pretty well. I am on high gain and Volume somewhere between 240 and 255 depending on the Source material.

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #16,725 of 18,652

Ok found the batch tool, downloaded it. Opened the instructions, pushed down the + volume and held down while plugging in USB. again, the same error

USB Device not recognized

Before I could not see the internal memory, computer would only recognize Ibasso if MicroSD card was in, and only could read the MicroSD

Did a wipe and factory reset

I now can see the internal memory on the storage screen but cannot recognize the USB device at all. Will not recognize even if the MicroSD card is installed.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back