The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 25, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #15,556 of 18,652
Nov 25, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #15,557 of 18,652
I find gapless working very well.

Do you mean, now there is no a gap between 1st and 2nd tracks played after power on? I mean, two cases indeed:
  • After power on, start playing a new track, and no a gap after it.
  • After power on, continue playing the track which was active before power off, and there is no a gap after it.

It seems to me, in both cases gapless still works only starting after the 2nd track.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #15,558 of 18,652
Hi,

I haven't tried those particular cases but I will. Overall, I think that the gapless function works much better than before. What I have noticed is that having gapless on, sometimes when you change to a track in a different album, before the new track starts you hear a second or so of the music from the previous track. It sounds as if some sort of buffer isn't properly managed before changing to the new track that doesn't belong to the same album. This already happened with FW 1.5.
  Now, with FW 1.6, the skipping of tracks is much more fluent and glitches and pops rarely occur, but the response of the play/pause button still is way too slow and occasionally causes popping sounds.

Also, when playing songs in shuffle mode you still cannot go back to a previous song because the back button plays a new random song instead of repeating the song. This little problem is very disturbing for me because I like playing songs randomly and being able to repeat the songs I like.

And again, no track number shown.

So far I'm satisfied with this new firmware because at least they are trying to solve the problems that we have. But I wonder if they ever take a look at forums like this because these bugs are well known among owners of the DX50 and could have been solved all at once. And some of them must be really easy to fix.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #15,559 of 18,652
The new usb driver is much better, I had no issues installing it and the dx50 is working great as a DAC. However I seem to have found a slight issue, I went to play left for dead using the dx50 for audio and there's a noticeable delay in the sound for some reason. I'll have to test out a few more games to see if the issue lies with the game or the dx50.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #15,560 of 18,652
The new usb driver is much better, I had no issues installing it and the dx50 is working great as a DAC. However I seem to have found a slight issue, I went to play left for dead using the dx50 for audio and there's a noticeable delay in the sound for some reason. I'll have to test out a few more games to see if the issue lies with the game or the dx50.

It's definitely not your game! We have all been having that issue, but fortunately I mostly use it for music anyway.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #15,561 of 18,652

Also, when playing songs in shuffle mode you still cannot go back to a previous song because the back button plays a new random song instead of repeating the song. This little problem is very disturbing for me because I like playing songs randomly and being able to repeat the songs I like.

hi, just something i've noticed here quite for nearly a year owning the dx50: pressing back during shuffle mode goes back in the list if it wasn't in unshuffled mode. so if you're playing all your songs in alphabetical order on shuffle mode it will go e.g: A->C->B->D and pressing back on D will go to C and back again will go to B and A and so on, not a random song. I don't like this feature either and it should go back to the previous song that was playing but it seems it wasn't implemented.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #15,562 of 18,652
  It's definitely not your game! We have all been having that issue, but fortunately I mostly use it for music anyway.

Yeh i only use it for music as well i just wanted to see how it sounded for pc games. I've been toying with the idea of getting something all-in-one that can function as my pmp as well as handle my pc audio. Obviously the dx50 is not going to cut it.

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #15,563 of 18,652
The sound of 1.6 is excellent as reported. It is natural, balanced and wide in staging. It also has good depth. I'm delighted. While I appreciate the custom firmwares I will not need one now. I felt 1.5 was bass heavy and felt closed in which was remedied with SU 1.3.3 but 1.6 achieves that quality of sound. Thanks

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #15,564 of 18,652
Being a newcomer to installing DX50 Sound Unlocked firmware I just attempted to download and install 1.3.3.
My previous version was Ibasso V1.6.0
When you look in the DX50 advanced settings "System info" it shows firmware version as V1.5.0, is this correct

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #15,565 of 18,652
Yes thats fine 1.3.3 is based on the 1.5.0 firmware not to worry 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back