The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jul 10, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #14,087 of 18,652
v1.2.1

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #14,088 of 18,652
Listening to Sound Unlocked v1.2.1 through the WooDuo2 IEMs, and they don't sound as good as with the M50x.  Still waiting to try with the Q701s I ordered.  Hopefully they ship today.  I'll prolly also need to upgrade my IEMs, since the WooDuo's won't cut it.  Maybe I'll take a look at the DUNU DN-1000 since a lot people seem enjoy them.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #14,089 of 18,652
  Listening to Sound Unlocked v1.2.1 through the WooDuo2 IEMs, and they don't sound as good as with the M50x.  Still waiting to try with the Q701s I ordered.  Hopefully they ship today.  I'll prolly also need to upgrade my IEMs, since the WooDuo's won't cut it.  Maybe I'll take a look at the DUNU DN-1000 since a lot people seem enjoy them.

Hey WG,

Have you tried the DX50 with the O2 or 11.32?

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #14,090 of 18,652
I just installed Sound Unlocked based off of firmware 1.5.0. Is there any way to bypass the SQ select screen every time you boot up? I have my lock switch set to off, yet I am still getting this on every boot up. I have also done a factory reset as well, and that didn't work either.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #14,091 of 18,652
  I just installed Sound Unlocked based off of firmware 1.5.0. Is there anyway to bypass the SQ select screen every time you boot up?

Seems like you are using old version, try 1.2.1 - https://yadi.sk/d/Z4Xg0f7BWJUxJ,  There are no "SQ select" screen anymore and just "Settings" screen, it does not appear every time you boot up.

If you want to change some fw settings you should switch Hold button to On while rebooting player. After that just switch Hold to Off to leave this screen.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #14,092 of 18,652
Seems like you are using old version, try 1.2.1 - https://yadi.sk/d/Z4Xg0f7BWJUxJ,  There are no "SQ select" screen anymore and just "Settings" screen, it does not appear every time you boot up.

If you want to change some fw settings you should switch Hold button to On while rebooting player. After that just switch Hold to Off to leave this screen.

May I know what's the difference between 1.1 and 1.2.1? Thanks!

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #14,093 of 18,652

What is the hold button? Is that the same as the lock button on the side under the power button? I will try this new firmware out and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #14,094 of 18,652

Hey WG,

Have you tried the DX50 with the O2 or 11.32?

Nope, and I don't plan to.  The sole purpose of me getting the DX50 is so I don't need to plug into an amp.   The DX50 is a portable player.  When I start hooking up components, it's no longer portable.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #14,095 of 18,652

What is the hold button? Is that the same as the lock button on the side under the power button? I will try this new firmware out and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Yes... it's the Lock switch on the left side.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #14,096 of 18,652
May I know what's the difference between 1.1 and 1.2.1? Thanks!

No changes for sound. Just more usability, see "Settings" screen. And "Playlist import" - you can save m3u playlists in a root folder of your SD card and then import their to mango player.

Thanks for your help!

Yep :) Btw, you can switch Hold(lock) to On and then press Power button (power button not locked).

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #14,097 of 18,652
 No changes for sound. Just more usability, see "Settings" screen. And "Playlist import" - you can save m3u playlists in a root folder of your SD card and then import their to mango player.
Yep :) Btw, you can switch Hold(lock) to On and then press Power button (power button not locked).

Thanks for the explanation! Will try them out! Really liking the sound of 1.1! :blush:

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #14,098 of 18,652

That did the trick and now everything is working as expected.

Thanks again for your help!

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #14,099 of 18,652

Dmitry, thanks for your efforts! I really enjoy the fact that all android libraries and all ffmpeg libraries are removed. This gives more neutral and balanced sound in the bass and the mids also a better sound stage, still I would prefer darker treble - even Diana Krall in 24/192 has quite sibilant "Ssss".

First question - is this purely due to the hardware/Wolfson or is it due to the Mango? Second question is there any way to make the treble more rolled-off/darker without using the awful iBasso EQ? Perhaps if I filter/cut the delta-sigma high frequency noise? How do I do that? I know you have left HIGH irr bandwidth by default which basically disables the filter is that correct?

I would love a combination of the natural bass and great detail in the mids that your FW has and the laid back treble from DOC's DX90 PORT DARK EDITION

Thanks and keep up the good effort - looking froward to version 2 with more settings and even higher usability comfort!

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #14,100 of 18,652
  Dmitry, thanks for your efforts! I really enjoy the fact that all android libraries and all ffmpeg libraries are removed. This gives more neutral and balanced sound in the bass and the mids also a better sound stage, still I would prefer darker treble - even Diana Krall in 24/192 has quite sibilant "Ssss".

I see this talk about android Libraries and all ffmpeg libraries being removed, if ffmpeg isn't being used to decode the sound what is? And if the libraries are in place but not being used then it's not effecting the sound.. Can someone explain to me what this is supposed to mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back