The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 25, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #13,741 of 18,652
go to your device manager..right click on the driver name then select uninstall

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #13,742 of 18,652
It doesn't even show up in the device manager, all I get is this.

I've tried installing the drivers several times already but nothing seems to work. When I install everything but the x64 drivers it says that it did not install correctly.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #13,743 of 18,652
There's no uninstall option for me, it's just telling me to accept the end user license and then it 'installs' the thing for me. Can't really figure out how this thing's supposed to work :confused:

Do you see at least from the device driver, the Mango USB device? If not then the install was not successful. Tbh I did not have this problem with the USB driver for the X5. I think they need to take a second look at their install, it's not even obvious when it fails. In my case the install went silent but no traces of the iBasso driver from the sound from the control panel. It's only when I started to poke around at the device driver manager that I found something was wrong with the install.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #13,744 of 18,652

I've tried installing the drivers several times already but nothing seems to work. When I install everything but the x64 drivers it says that it did not install correctly.

That rk29.... with the question mark, that's the clue that the driver was not installed properly. If you right mouse click on it do you see uninstall option?

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #13,745 of 18,652
hi,im using 1.5.0 fw now.do anyone hear a "click click" noise in the hearphone while swithing songs?
confused.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #13,746 of 18,652

this your devices and printer not the device manager.. click start>under search programs and files type in devmgmt.msc then hit enter..you'll see a new window that contains all the drivers you have on your machine..some drivers only shows up if the hardware is plugged in

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #13,750 of 18,652
That rk29.... with the question mark, that's the clue that the driver was not installed properly. If you right mouse click on it do you see uninstall option?

No, I have to go into the device manager to check. 
Originally Posted by cub0ne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this your devices and printer not the device manager.. click start>under search programs and files type in devmgmt.msc then hit enter..you'll see a new window that contains all the drivers you have on your machine..some drivers only shows up if the hardware is plugged in

So I tried uninstalling and then installing the driver software over and over again, still no banana.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #13,751 of 18,652
  I manged to get the dac driver working.

Here is what i did. I hope it helps those who have trouble installing it.
I'm running windows 8.1 64bit, but I'm sure this procedure should work with other window system.

Jump to 7 if your not running windows 8.1
For Windows 8.1 user you have disable driver signature enforcement first.
1. Hold onto shift on your keyboard, then press restart.
2. Troubleshoot
3. Advanced Option
4. Startup Setting
5. Press 7
6. You have disabled your driver signature enforcement.
7. Right click my computer then select property/go to control panel
8. Open device manager.
9. Install 1.5.0 on your dx50
10. In usb setting switch select dac mode.
11. Connect your dx50 to your pc
12. In the device manger you should see an unknown device called 2kxxx(forgot the exact name, but you should know it is the dx50)
13. right click that -> select update driver
14. browse driver from your pc
15. Extract the dx50/90 beta 2 driver downloaded from the ibasso website.
16. If your running 64bit choose the 64x folder/ 32bit choose the 86x folder. (make sure sub-directory is included)
17. Once the driver is installed, you should see mango device.
18. Right click the sound icon on your taskbar
19. click on playback devices
20. Select ibasso mango hifi audio device as default device
21. Enjoy

i re-installed it and realised that i couldnt playback any files on my com or on youtube. everything just crashed

edit: working after 2nd try.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #13,752 of 18,652

So I tried uninstalling and then installing the driver software over and over again, still no banana.

Keep trying a few times, like I said in my case it took 4 times to make it happen and that's including the non-sense driver signature bypass.

If that does not work then wait until they get the signed driver version maybe by then they'll fix the install issue.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #13,753 of 18,652

Start up the windows in no signature mode.  The drivers should work if you do that.  If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling with the system booted in no signature mode.  You must boot into that mode by pressing F8 before the windows logo comes up where it gives you options to boot into different modes.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #13,754 of 18,652

weird ey..you can try what musicheaven says..if the installation was successful.. it usually ask you to restart the machine..

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #13,755 of 18,652
I'm using Windows 7 so I don't think I need to deal with the no signature issue. I might just wait until iBasso fix the install issue though, it's a bit frustrating since I think I've tried at least 12 times by now. Thanks for the help anyways guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back