The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 7, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #13,441 of 18,652
Just sent an email to Ibasso a few days ago regarding when will they update us with a new firmware for the Ibasso DX50.

Guess what? It's gonna be next 2 weeks, including a USB DAC function!!

Can't wait!!

I wonder what else do they have in store for us? 

Here's a picture of the email: http://imgbox.com/5DHp6E1u

Jun 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #13,442 of 18,652
I understand that using OTG on the DX50 does cause the battery to drain but does anyone have any evidence of whether this is a real drawback e.g. how long does a full charge last when using OTG (assuming a 2100 MaH battery)?

Reason I ask is because with one of these and 2nd 128gb card the player, in theory could have a total storage of around 240GB and be fully mobile!! But, if the OTG really does drain the battery too fast then I guess 128GB is the maximum (until a 256GB Micro SD arrives)

Jun 7, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #13,443 of 18,652
  I understand that using OTG on the DX50 does cause the battery to drain but does anyone have any evidence of whether this is a real drawback e.g. how long does a full charge last when using OTG (assuming a 2100 MaH battery)?

Reason I ask is because with one of these and 2nd 128gb card the player, in theory could have a total storage of around 240GB and be fully mobile!! But, if the OTG really does drain the battery too fast then I guess 128GB is the maximum (until a 256GB Micro SD arrives)

It is true that using OTG on the DX50 drains the battery even more quickly, but if you can carry additional storage devices, you can also always carry additional batteries, especially since the DX50 uses a convenient user-replaceable battery. You can consider storing the DX50, additional storage (micro SD cards / USB drives etc.) and spare batteries (1 or 2 of them since they're not all that thick or heavy) in a small carrying pouch. 
cool.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #13,444 of 18,652

I've used the DX50 quite a lot with 64gb on the main slot and another 64gb in the OTG through a Meenova adapter (very small and discrete. Battery is definitely impaired, but it does last around 5-6 hours. If that's important for you, it's something that can be solved by carrying around some spare batteries, as ClassicalViola as pointed out.

Nowadays I mainly listen to my DX90 on a 128GB on only the main slot - battery lasts somewhat MORE than on the DX50 WITH OTG, and I find that changing cards is fast enough for use, so I'm not really using the OTG function… Of course, YMMV (or your personal preferences
wink.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #13,445 of 18,652
Any of you know how to manually take off the OTG section once you disconnect the menova adapter?

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #13,453 of 18,652
Oh my God I think my DX50 just bricked..

I think I accidentally fully wiped the DX50's internal disk by using the recovery manager.. can anyone help me? when I tried to boot it up it just stuck at "iBasso Audio Digital Audio Player"

oh my God im scared to death now

EDIT: So luckily I back up while playing around with the android's recovery menu.. I restored the previous state and it's back to the Mega explosion FW. I was trying to switch it to non-mega explosion

now I'm unable to install any other firmware, everytime I pick the update from the advance menu it'll just bring me back to CWM based recovery menu..

EDIT2: Ok so now somehow I installed rockbox(I have no idea why I did that but whatever). I cannot use "update system" menu from the mega explosion FW because it'll just send me back to CWM recovery menu. Can anyone help me ? I'm trying to install Explosion FW thanks!

EDIT3: OK so basically I'm playing music with rockbox now. WHen I tried the Mega Explosion firmware through mango, it'll run fine BUT the UI is very glitchy(I can press buttons but the UI is very very distorted.).
I still unable to update firmware, and even worse the recovery GUI become bugged as well, now the menu disappear and only the background image of android robot..
I'm so done now :frowning2:

Jun 8, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #13,454 of 18,652
I also had a nightmare two hours after I installed Rockbox. Basically I couldn't get at any of my music to show up so it took an age to finally get back to just installing 1.2.8 again. I cannot remember what I did so I can't help you unfortunately, wishing you all the best getting it back to standard firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back