The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
May 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #13,158 of 18,652
  Hi, 
I bought my dx50 last month, but now its not charging / being detected on my laptop, anyone faced this issue before? 

Can you charge it traditionally through an AC outlet? 

If it's just your laptop...try doing a factory reset. you can either do that from the menu in your player or pressing the unlock and the volume up button together for about 10mins when it is turned off. it will then reboot to recovery and you can factory reset from there. Should be fine after that. 

May 14, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #13,163 of 18,652
Turn it OFF.  Plug it in to an ac outlet  and see what happens.  If nothing, turn it ON and see what happens.  If it works, try the same with your laptop.  If it only charges off the ac, then charge it off the ac.

May 14, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #13,164 of 18,652
Yes I tried different cables, tried factory reset too.
unfortunately nothing works..i bought this from mp4nation..hope they help!

If you cannot get it to work, download the firmware you want, transfer it onto micro SD card, place the card in DX50 then boot into recovery by holding the up volume and power buttons down at the same time,

Once in this menu there's an option to Install firmware from micro SD. Let the firmware install then try to charge /connecting to PC. If it doesn't work you must contact IBasso and get their opinion on the issue and see what options they give you.

Or alternatively: You can just transfer the firmware onto a card manually from your laptop/PC and try reinstalling it from DX50.

(of course to do this you will need a charged battery)

May 15, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #13,165 of 18,652
I'll try the option you suggested H2O, its probably the last thing left to try. 

I've contacted mp4nation anyway, lets see where it goes from here. I'll keep you guys posted on the service provided by mp4nation & ibasso too. 

May 16, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #13,167 of 18,652
I hope in next firmware:
A option to have all the music playing on only one level ,because from going classical music like Mozart switch to Avenged Sevenfold give me a headache.
I play all kind of music in random order .
Please make me happy .

May 16, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #13,168 of 18,652
I hope in next firmware:

A option to have all the music playing on only one level ,because from going classical music like Mozart switch to Avenged Sevenfold give me a headache.

Please make me happy .

You can already do that just look for the All Music in the Menu

May 16, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #13,169 of 18,652
I hope in next firmware:
Please make me happy .

I hope in next firmware:

Please make me happy .

You can already do that just look for the All Music in the Menu

I think that what eduardo is asking for is replay gain capability, maybe? Like, being able to listen to all music on only one level of volume? I must confess that I would like that too 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back