The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
May 7, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #13,066 of 18,652
So after less than a week I have settled with ER-4p (without 4s adpater!) and mid gain. Also, no complaints with the soundstage as to me it is correct. If a piece of music is mixed/mastered wider or has stereo enhancement at points in the mix, or extreme panning this is reproduced accurately.

I can live with the small amount of hiss.

Will probably pick up the C&C BH2 just to try it out. Looking to get something a little more esoteric for the HD600. The DX-90 battery life I could not live with and that is why I went with DX-50.

A question about media scanning. In the manual it states that the first scanning takes the longest and subsequent scans are shorter. After copying over new files and saying yes to the re scan screen it still takes a fair bit of time to update the database (even if only a couple of files were added). This suprised me somewhat. Any thoughts?

Is there any way to add playlists to the player other than use the built in playlist function?

May 7, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #13,067 of 18,652
So after less than a week I have settled with ER-4p (without 4s adpater!) and mid gain. Also, no complaints with the soundstage as to me it is correct. If a piece of music is mixed/mastered wider or has stereo enhancement at points in the mix, or extreme panning this is reproduced accurately.

I can live with the small amount of hiss.

Will probably pick up the C&C BH2 just to try it out. Looking to get something a little more esoteric for the HD600. The DX-90 battery life I could not live with and that is why I went with DX-50.

A question about media scanning. In the manual it states that the first scanning takes the longest and subsequent scans are shorter. After copying over new files and saying yes to the re scan screen it still takes a fair bit of time to update the database (even if only a couple of files were added). This suprised me somewhat. Any thoughts?

Is there any way to add playlists to the player other than use the built in playlist function?

It's a little buggy at times!
Samething happen too I but it stop .
Playlists not at this time only the one in DX50.

May 7, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #13,070 of 18,652
I have had my DX50 for a couple of weeks now (it was purchased used) and its a great little device other than the freezing.  It randomly freezes and requires a hard reset.  There appears to be no rhyme nor reason to the resets.  Has anyone had the same experience and can offer some advice?

Im using the 1.2.8 firmware with a 64gb sandisk microSD, all of my music was ripped by EAC to FLAC 16bit 44hz.

Edit: Attempting the advice on post 8857, will report back with my findings.

May 7, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #13,071 of 18,652
Null means nothing is there.  I get that when I have no tag for a name or title.  Why a song file might not play?  Bad tag or bad file.  Try checking the tags on the song in question.

May 8, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #13,072 of 18,652
Hi guys! After two months of use, my DX50 developed this problem that when I walk with it in my pocket (shorts or pants) the left channel sometimes loses sound. I checked the headphone out port, and it seemed to be loose. Anybody have this problem too? Do you have any solutions or should I let iBasso warranty do its job?

May 8, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #13,073 of 18,652
Hi guys! After two months of use, my DX50 developed this problem that when I walk with it in my pocket (shorts or pants) the left channel sometimes loses sound. I checked the headphone out port, and it seemed to be loose. Anybody have this problem too? Do you have any solutions or should I let iBasso warranty do its job?

The DX50 HO doesn't have a good gripe on the 3.5mm connector. I'm experiencing similar issues too. The connector simply gets dislodged from the HO too easily.

May 8, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #13,075 of 18,652
  Make your own playlists using folders.  Then add the folders to your SD card.  

If I add a couple of folders, it takes less than 10 seconds for a rescan.

Can you tell me how you create your folders?

May 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #13,077 of 18,652
Broken headphone outputs are a massive problem with Head Fi and no one seems to be able to fix them, my 801 ho broke , now I leave my 901 at home.
Had no probs with DX50 but after the 801 disaster I am really careful and only ever use LO into a GS Voyager to avoid breaking another HO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 8, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #13,079 of 18,652
If you do a lot of AB testing (I guess that's what most people here do) then it will put massive stress on the HO connector. I'm thinking of getting an A/V input/output selector switch so I can do AB testing and saving the HO or LO connector from the abuse of constantly plugging/un-plugging jacks.

May 8, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #13,080 of 18,652
Into second week. Have not touched the EQ until now. I wanted to spend a week with the player as it is with my preferred IEM. (no external amp)

Most agree the ER4s is lacking on the bottom end, although to me the accuracy they otherwise give is fabulous. I went back to the ER4p and found that on the mid gain it sounded a touch unrefined and a bit tiresome on the ears after a time.

Back to the ER4s and with Buena Vista Social Club CD rip Flac (not HD version, will buy this soon), along with Gustavo Santaolalla -Ronroco, some randon well produced/mastered IDM and electronic music. Some Songwriter stuff (Cat Stevens-Moonshadow, Nora Jones, Feelin the same Way) Various Classical recording Steve Reich, John Adams)

So EQ adjusted to (with ER4s):

30hz: +10
180hz: +6
330hz: +3
600: 0
1K: 0
4K: 0
12K: +1
16: + 2

Output: Mid Gain

This seemed quite extreme to me, but it really goes extremely well with the ER4s.

Overall volume adjusted (due to overall EQ level drop) to over half way (dependant on music mastering level). Enjoying this for now, and will leave it at this for a week or so

I have made sure that when comparing things that levels are closely matched.

It would be great if there was an option to choose to not apply EQ to line out so you don't have to turn it off when using LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back