The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 30, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #12,901 of 18,652
Use a card reader it will be faster

Well seeing as I'm awaiting the arrival of a 128gb Sd card that might. Be a good idea :)

When a SD or any memory is terribly slow it is either your card reader / interface or just bad or slow memory, being that you are not showing all you transferred is a pretty good indicator the memory is defective. SD cards are rated by speed, and the cheaper ones are also the slower ones, so be mindful of that when shopping for memory.
I am using the 64Gb Sandisk Cards that people have recommended on here.....so yeah possibly defective memory.

That's weird.  I didn't have any of the problems you are having with my DX50.  Hopefully you figure out what the problem is.  A card reader will make transfers faster most likely.

Neither did I the first time round I owned a DX50, my original cards worked perfectly without any problems.

maybe crooked cards? There are so many counterfeits out there

I think the conclusion I have come to is that the card is faulty!!

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #12,902 of 18,652
Is it possible to make a selection on the DX50 where you can make it play one album after another(different artists) or do you have to compose a playlist?

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #12,903 of 18,652
what are peoples experiences with ordering direct from Ibasso?

All I have had is Paypal payment notification after a few days waiting. No reply to emails either. Used to better than this with online purchasing. Now starting to doubt my decision to purchase DX-50. (especially since perhaps I could have waited for new stock of DX-90.....but only 8 hours battery life!)

Thanks

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #12,904 of 18,652
Im complete Baffled by my issue with the 64Gb Sandisk Class 10 Micro SD Cards Im trying to use.

I just cant get them to play ball.

Im trying to copy across a selection of 16/44.1 ALAC files and 24/96 FLAC files. When I do this some of the files appear on the Card and others dont. When I put the card in my DX50 some of the files that showed when the SD card was in the PC arent showingon the DX50 (others are) when I put the card back in the PC card reader the files that arent shwing on the DX50 have disapeared from the card. I may get an artist details andpossibly album but no Track details. it then wont allow me to delete these files of the card!!

Ive used similar cards in the past with no problem in a different DX50.

A couple of people have said use a card reader, but in my mind that wont make a difference...its the same thing as an onboard card reader.

Can anybody shed any light or possible solutions???

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #12,905 of 18,652

All I have had is Paypal payment notification after a few days waiting. No reply to emails either. Used to better than this with online purchasing. Now starting to doubt my decision to purchase DX-50. (especially since perhaps I could have waited for new stock of DX-90.....but only 8 hours battery life!)

Thanks

Well, i don't know where else you can get it other than ibasso or mp4nation, and believe me when it comes to these two, ibasso is much faster.

i just ordered some cables from ibasso on 26th, received them on 28th in hongkong.

i think it is variable.

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #12,906 of 18,652
  Im complete Baffled by my issue with the 64Gb Sandisk Class 10 Micro SD Cards Im trying to use.

Im trying to copy across a selection of 16/44.1 ALAC files and 24/96 FLAC files. When I do this some of the files appear on the Card and others dont. When I put the card in my DX50 some of the files that showed when the SD card was in the PC arent showingon the DX50 (others are) when I put the card back in the PC card reader the files that arent shwing on the DX50 have disapeared from the card. I may get an artist details andpossibly album but no Track details. it then wont allow me to delete these files of the card!!

A couple of people have said use a card reader, but in my mind that wont make a difference...its the same thing as an onboard card reader.

Well, i think you should get back to where you bought them or to sandisk,

you can also check this video about genuine vs counterfeit, i don't know if this video is reliable too but may be !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXuxOnHgs0c

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #12,907 of 18,652

Thanks

I have just ordered the PB2 and Ibasso texted the tracking details with DHL which shows you its progress, Currently somewhere between Hong Kong and UK

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #12,908 of 18,652
Well, i think you should get back to where you bought them or to sandisk,

you can also check this video about genuine vs counterfeit, i don't know if this video is reliable too but may be !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXuxOnHgs0c

I have returned both the cards to the retailer....i have no doubt they are original cards as the dealer is highly reputable. I just don't understand why some files copy and show and others don't.

I now have a DX50 I can't use until I get alternative cards. May just sell it and stick with the Apple products....a lot more bloody reliable!!

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #12,909 of 18,652

I had problems with one of these cards some months ago - there were some duff ones about. I returned it and the replacement worked fine. If you have a windows PC try h2testw.exe, a free programme. It will take time on a card of this size but will tell you if the card has any problems. I have a few sandisk 64gb cards in various devices and all work well, so persevere and I'm sure you will enjoy eventually.

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #12,910 of 18,652
  I had problems with one of these cards some months ago - there were some duff ones about. I returned it and the replacement worked fine. If you have a windows PC try h2testw.exe, a free programme. It will take time on a card of this size but will tell you if the card has any problems. I have a few sandisk 64gb cards in various devices and all work well, so persevere and I'm sure you will enjoy eventually.

My issue is that I was having problems with two cards of exactly the same make....just doesnt sem right that both cards have got an issue.

Ive also received an alternative card in the post today and that is also giving me exactly the same problems........

Some files transfer across fine others will appear on the card with the artist and album details but no track details.....when I copy the album across again it tells me the file already exists do I want to replace it...Click Yes. The artist / album / track details copy across I go into the details to check come out again and everything has dissapeared!! I just do not know what the issue is. I cant have three cards that all have problems. 

Thats the problem with all of these new DAPS there is ****** all memory on them and you end up p*****g about trying to copy across files.....Ive now spent nearly 24 hours trying to get 30Gb of music to transfer and thats only half of what I want!!!!

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #12,911 of 18,652
  My issue is that I was having problems with two cards of exactly the same make....just doesnt sem right that both cards have got an issue.

Ive also received an alternative card in the post today and that is also giving me exactly the same problems........

Some files transfer across fine others will appear on the card with the artist and album details but no track details.....when I copy the album across again it tells me the file already exists do I want to replace it...Click Yes. The artist / album / track details copy across I go into the details to check come out again and everything has dissapeared!! I just do not know what the issue is. I cant have three cards that all have problems. 

Thats the problem with all of these new DAPS there is ****** all memory on them and you end up p*****g about trying to copy across files.....Ive now spent nearly 24 hours trying to get 30Gb of music to transfer and thats only half of what I want!!!!

Then you must be doing something wrong here. I never had any issues copying ALAC files from my Mac to any SD Cards I have from different brands. samsung, sandisk, transcend.

Are you just dragging your music files from the iTunes GUI or from the Finder to your SD Card?

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #12,912 of 18,652
Well seeing as I'm awaiting the arrival of a 128gb Sd card that might. Be a good idea :)
I am using the 64Gb Sandisk Cards that people have recommended on here.....so yeah possibly defective memory.

Neither did I the first time round I owned a DX50, my original cards worked perfectly without any problems.
I think the conclusion I have come to is that the card is faulty!!

Disregard...I didn't finish following up on your posts...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #12,913 of 18,652
Sounds to me like you have an issue with your computer.  All of us use cards (I use SanDisk 64's) with no issues.  If you've tried several cards with the same issues, and the issues include things exclusive of the DX50, then I would look for a computer/cable issue.  The fact that you don't seem to want to use a reader also complicates things, as a reader allow you to see where in your chain issues are cropping up.  

I would suggest buying a reader for less than $10 and also trying a different cable.  Reboot your computer first.  See if files load onto a card using your computer cleanly.  If they show up perfectly on the card after loading them and then unmounting/remounting the card, you will know the card is fine.

Try rebooting your DX50.  Make sure it is empty (sounds like you've been fussing with it, so clear everything out of its internal storage).  You could even reinstall its firmware.  Then try a card.  And keep in mind you might be having problems with your files because something is going on with them, a corruption, bad tags, whatever.  

I use many Apple products and find that the iBasso is no better/worse in terms of ease of use.  It has less ease-of-use consumer features than an iPod, but the quality is certainly far superior and I've found that the DX50 UI is certainly easy to use.

People here are giving you good advice.  Try some of it.  It may help.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #12,914 of 18,652
Then you must be doing something wrong here. I never had any issues copying ALAC files from my Mac to any SD Cards I have from different brands. samsung, sandisk, transcend.

Are you just dragging your music files from the iTunes GUI or from the Finder to your SD Card?

I'm doing the latter for my ALAC Files, copying them from my music library on my PC (this is the same for my HiRes FLAC files.

Sounds to me like you have an issue with your computer.  All of us use cards (I use SanDisk 64's) with no issues.  If you've tried several cards with the same issues, and the issues include things exclusive of the DX50, then I would look for a computer/cable issue.  The fact that you don't seem to want to use a reader also complicates things, as a reader allow you to see where in your chain issues are cropping up.  

I would suggest buying a reader for less than $10 and also trying a different cable.  Reboot your computer first.  See if files load onto a card using your computer cleanly.  If they show up perfectly on the card after loading them and then unmounting/remounting the card, you will know the card is fine.

Try rebooting your DX50.  Make sure it is empty (sounds like you've been fussing with it, so clear everything out of its internal storage).  You could even reinstall its firmware.  Then try a card.  And keep in mind you might be having problems with your files because something is going on with them, a corruption, bad tags, whatever.  

I use many Apple products and find that the iBasso is no better/worse in terms of ease of use.  It has less ease-of-use consumer features than an iPod, but the quality is certainly far superior and I've found that the DX50 UI is certainly easy to use.

People here are giving you good advice.  Try some of it.  It may help.

I don't see what difference a card reader will make....it does exactly the same job as the on board card reader on my PC. If anything you are adding another issue to the chain because of the USB cable. If you can explain differently then that would probably help me understand.

I have cleared the DX50 of any residual files and also reinstalled the latest firmware and it has made no difference. I don't think the problem is the DX50 it's the way the files are being copied. None of my files are corrupted they work fine on my iPad and iPhone and these files have been used on Sandisk SD cards in the past on a DX50 (both DAP and cards were sold 6 months ago)......wish I hadn't now.

I agree with you as well with regard to the DX50....my issue is with the faffing around you have to do loading music onto the cards. With apple you can download 128GB of music in about an hour......with SD cards it takes anything from 10 hours to days (in my case with the problems, days lol)

I'm going to take my external hard drive (which has my music backed up on) home and try the SD card on a different computer.....see if this makes a difference / helps.

If this fails then I have decided the DX50 will be sold, the card returned for a refund and I will just use my iPod Classic with my incoming Duet amp and add an Algorythym Solo......not as portable but a Dam site more stable and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back