The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 20, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #12,736 of 18,652
  Hi DOC2008, first of all thanks for your work again. I'll compare it as soon as my visitors have left. They're getting a bit angry at me sitting with my headphone on all the time 
redface.gif

Thank you. I'll be waiting for )

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #12,737 of 18,652
  DX50 SUPER EXCLUSIVE BY DOC2008

- based on 1.2.8 stock firmware
- the best sound that we've heard on our DX50 (according to the Russian community) 
smily_headphones1.gif

- install as stock firmware

Known bugs: wav, alac, m4a, mp3 formats are not supported

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.co.nz/#!6gQUSIaT!y4cueoLGdBPi75SOAcP6uijPrWc7MtVwLhDqY7ofz-o

I'll try this in an hour or two and report back.  I just use FLAC, so shouldn't be a problem.  Though I must say I really like the sound of the stock firmware, so I'm predisposed.... :)

P.S. if in this thread there are people who are directly related to iBasso or have contacts with iBasso developers, please PM me.

I'll try this in an hour or two and report back.  I just use FLAC, so shouldn't be a problem.  Though I must say I really like the sound of the stock firmware, so I'm predisposed.... :)

Well, I updated to this and tried a few old favorites to see (hear) what's what.  The Beatles' Taxman was much too trebly.  Fatiguing.  Traffic's You Can All Join In sounded wonderful, although a bit "enhanced."  A Todd Rundgren boot, Live At The Old Waldorf, which is already raspy-sounding but listenable, wasn't.  I replaced the stock firmware.

I suppose if you listen to music that is mastered well and well-modulated, this would be wonderful software.  It sounds to me as if the bass and treble frequencies were bumped up, and some of the mids as well.  As the old saying goes, when he was good he was very good, but when he was bad...

Other listeners may have a different response to trying this, and in no way am I suggesting that people stay away from it.  It's just, for me, not something I'm able to use.

Thanks for uploading this!

Olddude

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #12,738 of 18,652
hello guys. i've been following this thread for awhile and i decided to buy a 2ndhand dx50. it should be in the front of my house by today..

i have some question regarding the dx50. i know it has been asked multiple times in this thread but i just want to clarify a few bit of information here since theres so many post saying te exact opposite information.. for that i really appreciate a reply(s)

first of all will there still be more frimware update, after the 1.2.8?

is USB DAC function will be/is possible to be implemeted in the future ?

what sound signature are the dx50? some says its neutral, while some say it s darkish and other says its bright by bit.

i have hifiman re0 and superlux hd669 which i'll be using with dx50 and both are slightluy bright. will dx50 sound too bright? im fine with my previous dap which is ipod touch gen 3 with cirus chip(some says cirus sounds bright), will dx50 sound brighter?

forgive my english. its not my mother language and no one here actually speak english

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #12,739 of 18,652
'll be using with dx50 and both are slightluy bright. will dx50 sound too bright? im fine with my previous dap which is ipod touch gen 3 with cirus chip(some says cirus sounds bright), will dx50 sound brighter?

I can't answer much of your questions, but they don't seem overly bright or anything with either of my Grados (SR60i and SR325is).

Also anyone else having issues charging?
I let it sit charging a few hours the other day and haven't used it since.  Turned it on this morning and its still only at one bar.

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #12,740 of 18,652
  I can't answer much of your questions, but they don't seem overly bright or anything with either of my Grados (SR60i and SR325is).

Also anyone else having issues charging?
I let it sit charging a few hours the other day and haven't used it since.  Turned it on this morning and its still only at one bar.

I don't have problem charging the player.. I charged it today without problem.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #12,741 of 18,652
Takes 3-4 hours to fully charge using an Apple block (depending on how low the charge was when you started)..  Probably longer using a USB>computer.  

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #12,742 of 18,652
  Takes 3-4 hours to fully charge using an Apple block (depending on how low the charge was when you started)..  Probably longer using a USB>computer.  

Had it sitting plugged into a USB to AC adapter for hours on end and the charging screen showed up.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #12,744 of 18,652
  Charge screen was moving?  It's fully charged when the charge screen stays in one place.

It was moving, but there seemed to be no difference in the charge level from before I plugged it in.  It died on me, so it's plugged into my laptop until I can get home.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #12,745 of 18,652
Well, if it totally ran out of charge, that could be a good thing.  You can try a full recharge and see if that helps.  Sometimes these batteries like being run all the way down before getting a charge.

When you plug it in to an ac outlet, just leave it until the screen stops moving (telling you it's reached full charge).  

If that doesn't work, try a reboot, though that probably won't affect anything, unless you've got some sort of weird memory leak somewhere.

After all of that, you could always get a new battery for it.  At least these things use replaceables.  :)

FYI, mine seems to get low after 8-10 hours, though I think it's rated for 12.  I suppose it's a matter, also, of how much backlight and/or screen time you use.  That will certainly use up power faster.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #12,746 of 18,652
  Well, if it totally ran out of charge, that could be a good thing.  You can try a full recharge and see if that helps.  Sometimes these batteries like being run all the way down before getting a charge.

When you plug it in to an ac outlet, just leave it until the screen stops moving (telling you it's reached full charge).  

If that doesn't work, try a reboot, though that probably won't affect anything, unless you've got some sort of weird memory leak somewhere.

After all of that, you could always get a new battery for it.  At least these things use replaceables.  :)

FYI, mine seems to get low after 8-10 hours, though I think it's rated for 12.  I suppose it's a matter, also, of how much backlight and/or screen time you use.  That will certainly use up power faster.

Hopefully this is the case.  When I get home it's getting plugged into my phone charger.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #12,747 of 18,652
Gain setting only affects the headphone output, not the line out. Please make sure that you haven't accidentally plugged your amp into the wrong port :)

I have just received the DX50 and it will be used with an Iqube V1 amp, it only has one input & output, the input is described as being for an MP3 player etc and the output for headphones.
Which Dx50 output should I use?

F

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #12,748 of 18,652
You want to plug the amp into the Line Out of the DX50 and then plug your headphones/iems into the amp.  Crank up the DX50's volume to 255 so it fully powers the amp.  Do NOT then plug your phones into the DX50, it'd be way too loud (I taped over the DX50 headphone port to avoid doing this unintentionally).  

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #12,749 of 18,652
Anyone have their line out or headphone jack give out?  I have had my DX50 for about 6 months and the line out is not working.  Lots of crackling and having to hold the cord just so to get it to connect.  I know it's not the cord I tried a couple others and they do the same thing.  How do you fix something like this.  I am forced to run it out of the headphone jack now to plug in to my car stereo.  

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #12,750 of 18,652
  You want to plug the amp into the Line Out of the DX50 and then plug your headphones/iems into the amp.  Crank up the DX50's volume to 255 so it fully powers the amp.  Do NOT then plug your phones into the DX50, it'd be way too loud (I taped over the DX50 headphone port to avoid doing this unintentionally).  

Excellent, many thanks for your rapid reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back