The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 24, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #12,333 of 18,652
Hello everyone,

I would need your advise/help regarding in-ear headphones, I'm using the DX50 for months and I'm very happy with it. Last weekend I ordered a Shure SE425 and I'm very desappointed, sound is really awful, poor medium, no highs, lack of bass. I don't know if the headphone works properly or not, what experience do you have? Which in-ear headphone do you use with the DX50?

Many thanks in advance,
Fabrice

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #12,334 of 18,652
  Hello everyone,

I would need your advise/help regarding in-ear headphones, I'm using the DX50 for months and I'm very happy with it. Last weekend I ordered a Shure SE425 and I'm very desappointed, sound is really awful, poor medium, no highs, lack of bass. I don't know if the headphone works properly or not, what experience do you have? Which in-ear headphone do you use with the DX50?

Many thanks in advance,
Fabrice

There's always the possibility of the SE425 being faulty, but it's more likely that you don't have a proper seal. Are you sure that you insert them the right way? This is crucial for any IEM.

Mar 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #12,335 of 18,652
Hello everyone,

Many thanks in advance,
Fabrice

You're not alone... The 425 isn't very good, I sampled it a while ago and chose the 535 instead.

Mar 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #12,337 of 18,652
Well iBasso said they wouldn't pay for shipping for the defective button but they'd be glad to pay return shipping.
:| A little dissapointed because this seems to be sort of common with other users from a variety of different batches.

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #12,338 of 18,652
  Hello everyone,

Many thanks in advance,
Fabrice

I use Westone 4 IEM, and NAD HP50 circumaurual. Both very nice IMO.

Mar 24, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #12,339 of 18,652
Hello there !

I am totally new around here, I have received my DX50 yesterday and already pretty impressed by its sound after upgrading to 1.2.8 :D

Even though that's my first post on Headfi, I already want to share a little something with you as I've just finished my first custom wallpaper for the DX50 !

The idea was to create something a little bit more colorful than the darkish preinstalled wallpaper and to align the colors with the elements on screen...

As I can't post a picture yet on this forum, here is a preview of what it looks like.

Here are 2 other links, the first is the PSD file which will let you edit the colors and shapes in Photoshop, the other one is for the Wallpaper.png directly :D

- PSD file
- Wallpaper.png

I hope its a good first post !

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #12,340 of 18,652
Anyone using this with the Shue SE846 IEM's? I've got this on the way tomorrow, and didn't read the comparison between this and the X3, which showed better performace for earphones under 16ohms from the Fiio X3 until after I ordered. I'd appreciate some feedback from anyone that is using this combo. I was to use the headphone out of the DX50 straight into the Shure SE846. I have the Fiio X3 already, but the UI has too many issues with ALAC files.

Thanks guys,

Y2J

Mar 25, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #12,341 of 18,652
Can i use DX50  coaxial as a balanced setup source for DB2/PB2 an Mad Dog Pro? Question is, do i realy hear difference with balanced setup in metal music? Right now i using DX50-C&C BH2-Marshall Monitor. Planing buy MD in these days. I never heard balanced headphones befor. sorry for my bad english....

While I can't speak for any differences in metal, I can say that dx50 > db2 > pb2 > balanced is a noticeable step up. I personally feel as though balancing headphones does produce an improvement in sonics. The mad dog pro sounds great with this combo though admittedly I haven't made a hirose female to 3.5 to hear it from any other source as too many of my recent hours have been spent at work.

Mar 25, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #12,342 of 18,652
One thing I'm going to comment why 1.2.8 is so great for me. Am not gonna compare or do actual comparison if it has better sound than previous firmwares. Nor am gonna to find out if DSD is superior to other lossless formats. But one thing am for sure, most fantastic recordings fall into DSD format and it is a great "source" for all the world class recordings. Am so glad DX50 plays DSD!

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #12,343 of 18,652
  Hello everyone,

Many thanks in advance,
Fabrice

I love my DX50 paired with either the TDK BA200 or Dunu DN1000.

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #12,344 of 18,652

There's always the possibility of the SE425 being faulty, but it's more likely that you don't have a proper seal. Are you sure that you insert them the right way? This is crucial for any IEM.

Hello AManAnd88Keys,

I am used to in-ear headphones, I use a old Sennheiser for years. The shure has an excellent design, an excellent confort, an excellent isolation but the sound is awful :-/

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #12,345 of 18,652
Does anyone experience a popping sound through their headphones when powering up their DX50? I have a unit here that does this, but where it gets weird is it only does this 'sometimes'. Other times it starts silently. I'm trying to work out why it's like this. Is it the same for everyone on the current firmware? I'm using headphone out Btw. (not line out)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back