The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #10,726 of 18,652

Exactly.
I guess then that shouldn't been any SQ improvement with DSD files.

Bingo! I tried 96Khz/24 and could not tell tem apart, if you can let me know, I'll spend more money on the hard to find DSD files.
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #10,727 of 18,652
Oh i was just being a smart ass... They r cool to include one more file format support for free.. I appreciate it...some AK owners said dsd sound better even on ak120 (two 8740 chips)
I will put some dsd to try on dx50 over the weekend.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #10,729 of 18,652

Eventually. I have been waiting for iBasso to get the codecs right and they did.

This I can easily say: They are both excellent sources but different. They are also both good standalone DAPs but the X5 generates a more authoritative sound (at the expense of burning a lot more power.) Beyond that, the devil is in the details and I have had 1.2.8 for all of two hours. It is too early.

I love the swappable batteries on the DX50. I also think that the interface is really slick at this point.

Thanks, the choice just got harder. You haven't heard the AK100 by chance, and how that compares?

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #10,731 of 18,652

So... you are saying that any external amp connected to the DX50 line out will clip the treble and bass frequencies but the internal amp will not? And this is scientifically demonstrable on circuit design? 

confused_face_2.gif

(What do I know? Only what I hear: that the bass from the headphone out is anemic compared to adding the Pico Power to the chain.)

If your amp carry the signal untouched, then by all means use it and sing along, mine doe not :wink:

By the way. it's not the signal frequency clipping you are hearing when pumping your amp, it is its amplitude you are amplifying so for you it sounds like you are getting more but in real life you are boosting everything and getting less within the limited range.
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #10,733 of 18,652
I have a question.

I bought an Ibasso DX50 and an Ibasso D42 (AMP+DAC).

To get the best sound I need connect the DX50 with D42 by coaxial cable? If yes, how? With which cable?

Thank you if anyone can help me. :)

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #10,734 of 18,652
Liking 1.2.8 both with and without amp - Thanks iBasso.

No dsd files in my collection, so searched for free one on the net and found
http://oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx

Just in case you also want to try this format. Very mb hungry though!

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #10,735 of 18,652
I have a question.

To get the best sound I need connect the DX50 with D42 by coaxial cable? If yes, how? With which cable?

Thank you if anyone can help me.
smily_headphones1.gif

If the D42 has the coax in, just use the cable that came with the DX50. It has one end that goes from the 3.5 mm plug coax out (plug at the top of the DX50) and connect the other RCA end of the D42, I believe it has the RCA Coax in plug and play the music with your headphones connected to the D42 you will be good to go!
beerchug.gif

See the photo below for the cable and where to plug it on the DX50

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #10,736 of 18,652
  Liking 1.2.8 both with and without amp - Thanks iBasso.

No dsd files in my collection, so searched for free one on the net and found
http://oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx

Just in case you also want to try this format. Very mb hungry though!

thank you very much...I needed it!! very hungry for dsd files!!!!

biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #10,737 of 18,652
Still using 1.2.2 and will continue to do so until I get an experienced opinion of 1.2.8 You sir have been doing so for some time and your judgement and opinion is respected.  I listen to acoustic Jazz and therefore would base opinion on same.  I would greatly appreciate any information relating to 1.2.8 and instrumentation sound.  Highs, stings, cymbals, piano, and mids.   Thank You

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #10,739 of 18,652
  If your amp carry the signal untouched, then by all means use it and sing along, mine doe not :wink:

By the way. it's not the signal frequency clipping you are hearing when pumping your amp, it is its amplitude you are amplifying so for you it sounds like you are getting more but in real life you are boosting everything and getting less within the limited range.
tongue.gif

Amplitude clipping has nothing to do with the high-pass filter in my understanding but how much voltage an amplifier can put out in respect to the source's voltage output. The ratio which will be the amp's effective gain for that source. As long as you don't exceed that gain in the amp I don't think clipping is an issue.

I'll do more comparison with different amps at hand. But from what I can observe on UHA-6sMKII, the bass is fuller than the DX50's HO.

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #10,740 of 18,652
I have a question.

Thank you if anyone can help me.
smily_headphones1.gif

If the D42 has the coax in, just use the cable that came with the DX50. It has one end that goes from the 3.5 mm plug coax out (plug at the top of the DX50) and connect the other RCA end of the D42, I believe it has the RCA Coax in plug and play the music with your headphones connected to the D42 you will be good to go!
beerchug.gif

See the photo below for the cable and where to plug it on the DX50

Thank you for your reply.

I have this cable, but the Ibasso D42 only have this options:

I think I cannot use use coaxial cable with this amp+dac, right?
It is a possible use this cable (DAC and microusb on the Ibasso DX50)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back