The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 27, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #10,651 of 18,652
Guys what should I do... I installed 1.2.8 on my device this evening without any trouble and was listening to music. I unplugged my headphones for about 5 minutes and when I came back the player was off. I figures it had just went to sleep but when I try to turn it on it hangs at the ibasso screen. Hard resetting has the sameresult and taking the battery out is the only was to turn it off. I tried removing my SD card and such with no luck. I also tried pressing various button combinations to get in recovery.

Also unrelatd... The playback buttons on my device have become somewhat wobbly and creaking the past week or so.

Don't know about the buttons, I have used mine so much they are shiny. 

So have you plugged it back into your computer and gotten rid of any file on the DX50? 

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #10,652 of 18,652
Guys what should I do... I installed 1.2.8 on my device this evening without any trouble and was listening to music. I unplugged my headphones for about 5 minutes and when I came back the player was off. I figures it had just went to sleep but when I try to turn it on it hangs at the ibasso screen. Hard resetting has the sameresult and taking the battery out is the only was to turn it off. I tried removing my SD card and such with no luck. I also tried pressing various button combinations to get in recovery.

Also unrelatd... The playback buttons on my device have become somewhat wobbly and creaking the past week or so.

Did you follow the installation to the letter including to factory reset the player after the firmware update?

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #10,654 of 18,652
  Don't know about the buttons, I have used mine so much they are shiny. 

So have you plugged it back into your computer and gotten rid of any file on the DX50? 

I plugged it into the computer and it was still hanging at the Ibasso screen but the storage mounted and I was able to delete the system folders and it instantly started working again
confused_face_2.gif
. Not complaining though

Did you follow the installation to the letter including to factory reset the player after the firmware update?

Yes

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #10,655 of 18,652
I plugged it into the computer and it was still hanging at the Ibasso screen but the storage mounted and I was able to delete the system folders and it instantly started working again
confused_face_2.gif
. Not complaining though.

Great. I always check it on the computer after a FW update and delete the folder. 

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #10,656 of 18,652
I plugged it into the computer and it was still hanging at the Ibasso screen but the storage mounted and I was able to delete the system folders and it instantly started working again :confused_face_2: . Not complaining though

Yes

System folders? What was on your DX50 internal
Memory? Did you connect to a Mac by any chance?

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #10,657 of 18,652
  Great. I always check it on the computer after a FW update and delete the folder. 

I actually did after installing the update, which is why I did not think it would be the problem.

System folders? What was on your DX50 internal
Memory? Did you connect to a Mac by any chance?

.audio_data and .album_img. Never been connected to anything other than Windows 7.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #10,659 of 18,652
I actually did after installing the update, which is why I did not think it would be the problem.

.audio_data and .album_img. Never been connected to anything other than Windows 7.

Here is what I would suggest. I had similar issues due to some prior tag data library sitting in the internal and my external microSD card.

Delete the .audio_data and .album_img folders on your internal and external microSD card. When done, shut the player down. Unplug the microSD card and keep it on the side.

Start the DX50 again, click on browse files, don't select scan yet.

Pop the microSD card in then select scan. It'll take a while just watch the progress bar. When done you should be all set.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #10,660 of 18,652
The immediate effect of 1.2.8 for me is the instrument separation has become so much farther. It feels like the band used to play in a medium size stage, all of a sudden they have to move to a stadium and scattered all around. The soundstage also gotten a lot deeper. The highs appears to have smoothen a bit, bass details and impact/slam is comparable to 1.2.5.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #10,661 of 18,652
Bought my DX50 only 3 weeks ago, and until today agonised over the firmware, jumping between 1.2.5 to 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 finding it difficult to settle on one in particular. Just installed 1.2.8 and it's sending shivers down my spine. So transparent, spacious and tight. Listening unamped through my RHA MA750 iems. Blown away by the change!

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #10,662 of 18,652
Yea, they have been holding out on us. lol We just got a whole new machine! 

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #10,663 of 18,652
This is definitely the most natural sounding firmware version yet.  Hopefully, iBasso (or Rockchip - whoever is responsible for the constant sound changes) have figured out the issue. 

If the problem was caused by using "daily builds" of the libavec codec (as some have speculated) rather than a finalized build, then this is the sound we should have been hearing all along. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #10,664 of 18,652
Nice..nice news earlay at the mornin!

jj69: i think there are noone who cares sound change at ibasso..

as it was said long time ago at this thread they use free libs for sound decoding...and any change in libs goin into new firmware

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #10,665 of 18,652
Downloading and I am excited to hear 1.2.8. I am on the road and the DX50 is at home so it will be later tonight.

If they really fixed the codecs issue - it sounds like they did - this could be very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back