The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 27, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #10,623 of 18,652
Jan 27, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #10,624 of 18,652
  where can you download 1.2.8? doesn't show on ibasso download.

Have a look on page 1 of this thread, @Sorenslim always provide the link to his server which is real fast compared to iBasso.
A few pages back, you got the two links, iBasso does not update their site right away, there is always few days before they publish the link.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #10,625 of 18,652
any changes beside DSD?

i was playing every night from imagine dragons and What? it sound so spacious so much better really good improvement.
sorry for my language but its really weird "in a good way" and the bass of that entire album was a bit blurred and sound so much better now good.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #10,626 of 18,652
  any changes beside DSD?

i was playing every night from imagine dragons and What? it sound so spacious so much better really good improvement.
sorry for my language but its really weird "in a good way" and the bass of that entire album was a bit blurred and sound so much better now good.

caching, the only apparent change was DSD but it really sounds like we got something more.
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #10,627 of 18,652
  any changes beside DSD?

Yes, I was comparing the Pico DAC to the dx50 and definitely the bass was much less tight on the DX50 along with some loss in transparency and texture.  This update is definitely an improvement, and I hear more kick drum on my Dunu dn1000s. Liking this update very much.

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #10,628 of 18,652
Well I have no problems with anything on this FW. Don't think I will be changing. Everything works for me. 

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #10,630 of 18,652
yep and thus far my dx50 hasn't froze or crashed on me once 
bigsmile_face.gif

a lot of people said a lot of bad things about the dx50 early on but to be honest this is probably one of the best daps you can buy for that money. (value wise)

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #10,631 of 18,652
I'm pretty sure that iBasso tweaked the bass up a bit in v1.2.5 from v1.2.2.

Given some of the nearly ruler-straight FR plots against v1.2.7 that were posted I suspect that iBasso reduced or removed that tweak in v1.2.7 in a way that caused a little depression below 60Hz. This lead to some of you complaining about how lifeless v1.2.7 sounded, to which I say, "duh, take the fun out of the sound and what do you get?"

After a quick test with v1.2.8 I think they put that bass tweak back in and brought that sub-60Hz depression up with it. There's just a hint of rumble in my KRKs down in the sub-bass range that I don't recall from earlier versions but that could just be my subconscious playing tricks on me.

In other news, playlist management is still effectively nonexistent.

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #10,634 of 18,652
Guys, am I the only one dreaming or the sound on 1.2.8 has completely changed? the bass sounds amazing and the voice is so clear and smoother now. What the hell is going on with the upgrade?

Agreed. When I noticed it lifted the veil off my Mad Dog's vocals and mids in general, it made me smile.

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #10,635 of 18,652
I'm pretty sure that iBasso tweaked the bass up a bit in v1.2.5 from v1.2.2.

Given some of the nearly ruler-straight FR plots against v1.2.7 that were posted I suspect that iBasso reduced or removed that tweak in v1.2.7 in a way that caused a little depression below 60Hz. This lead to some of you complaining about how lifeless v1.2.7 sounded, to which I say, "duh, take the fun out of the sound and what do you get?"

After a quick test with v1.2.8 I think they put that bass tweak back in and brought that sub-60Hz depression up with it. There's just a hint of rumble in my KRKs down in the sub-bass range that I don't recall from earlier versions but that could just be my subconscious playing tricks on me.

In other news, playlist management is still effectively nonexistent.

So I am not alone then?

By the way I would not fret the playlist features, I think it's a given that it won't be any better or different with the upgrades. I don't even use that feature any longer, gave up a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back