The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #10,036 of 18,652
Third day as owner of a c5 - using it as much as possible. Clear, well defined signal from it, wide soundstage. Was very happy with the HO from the DX50 until I got the c5, now I'm not sure I will ever go back.
Not gotten into the whole cable issue yet, but there are some interesting posts on here about that very subject.

Glad you're happy with it!
Hard to go back to unamped isn't it?

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #10,037 of 18,652
Another issue I've found is when playing a .cue file the DX50 can't remember the song when is turned back on.

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #10,040 of 18,652
  I wish the screen would automatically light up when you hit any of the control buttons.

This would not be desired, as that turns on the touch screen which may cause things not intending to be changed to be changed.  I make sure to turn the screen off as soon as I am done selecting what I want to play, just sitting on a desk with the screen on caused undesired changes to occur.  lol

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #10,041 of 18,652
Mine just froze today when I was out for a walk, music stopped and lock button would not unlock. People looking at me in town centre as I took the back off and shook the battery out. Plugged it back in , put cover on and it switched on to previous days album. 1.2.7 firmware. Working fine again.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #10,042 of 18,652

This would not be desired, as that turns on the touch screen which may cause things not intending to be changed to be changed.  I make sure to turn the screen off as soon as I am done selecting what I want to play, just sitting on a desk with the screen on caused undesired changes to occur.  lol

I bet one of those undesired changes is selecting an unwanted play mode (loop for example) which made the player play the same music until it died.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #10,043 of 18,652
  Mine just froze today when I was out for a walk, music stopped and lock button would not unlock. People looking at me in town centre as I took the back off and shook the battery out. Plugged it back in , put cover on and it switched on to previous days album. 1.2.7 firmware. Working fine again.

Did you try the reset option first, holding down volume up and power buttons simultaneously?   I have never had to pull the battery with crashes with the dx50 - even with earlier extremely unstable versions of the fw.  On the other hand, i have never used it with hardware lock option switched on.  If it crashes with that turned on, I imagine it could mean that the reset option would not work.

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #10,045 of 18,652

Well if you don't want something to change just do not touch the screen or turn it off. Actually I would really just like the volume to be displayed which would not affect the touch screen.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #10,048 of 18,652
Just received a Sandisk Ultra 64gb micro sdxc card. I formatted it with Fat32 and seems to be fine. The DX50 scans it and begins playing fine, but after 20 secs. or so it moves forward to the next track over and over. It plays fine in the Fiio x3. Turned off gapless on the DX50, no luck. Reformatted and reloaded the card to no avail. If I copy the files to one of my 128gb sdxc full size cards it plays the tracks fine. Any ideas why? Would hate not to be able to use this card with the IBasso. Other than this blip I am very happy with the DX50, have had the Fiio x3 for 2 weeks now and while it is a great Dap, I prefer the DX50's sq hands down. Wish the touchscreen was not so sensitive though.

Cheers,
Shawn

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #10,049 of 18,652
Just received a Sandisk Ultra 64gb micro sdxc card. I formatted it with Fat32 and seems to be fine. The DX50 scans it and begins playing fine, but after 20 secs. or so it moves forward to the next track over and over. It plays fine in the Fiio x3. Turned off gapless on the DX50, no luck. Reformatted and reloaded the card to no avail. If I copy the files to one of my 128gb sdxc full size cards it plays the tracks fine. Any ideas why? Would hate not to be able to use this card with the IBasso. Other than this blip I am very happy with the DX50, have had the Fiio x3 for 2 weeks now and while it is a great Dap, I prefer the DX50's sq hands down. Wish the touchscreen was not so sensitive though.

Cheers,
Shawn

I have the exact same card in my DX50, 0 issues.  Try a factory reset (without the card in), and see if that takes care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back