The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #9,526 of 18,652
I am running v1.2.7. The taps need to be very quick and closely spaced.

Oh, I see what's happening. It's not what I meant though.
When I double tap on the back button, while shuffling through music, it goes to the previous song on the list of music. So, if I'm shuffling through All Music, sorted alphabetically, then it will go to what ever song is right before the current song, alphabetically.
What I want, and what most people want with this function, is the ability to shuffle music only with the forward button. The back button will go to the previous song played.
However, if your DX50 is actually going to the last played song, then you are one lucky guy! Either that, or mine has selective bugs.

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #9,528 of 18,652
I'm getting hiss with my new Noble 4 universal out of the player at levels noticeable even when playing. Should I contact iBasso for a fix ?

How are the new Nobles? Are they just Heirs in a different package?

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #9,530 of 18,652
A few pages back I was describing the lack of depth to the sound stage, I think the exaggerated width contributed to that.  I do feel the width is less but it does create a better width to depth ratio that is more realistic and enjoyable. 

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #9,531 of 18,652
I think my tags might be too complicated., I use EAC setup with this guide: http://blowfish.be/eac/Caaok/caaok-eac-1.html

this is the recommended command line:

-8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source% -o %dest%

I use the CueTools option also.

I use mp3tag for the odds and ends and cleanup.

I will take my scanning issues to the DX50 bug thread at this point, thanks for all the help!

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #9,532 of 18,652
  A few pages back I was describing the lack of depth to the sound stage, I think the exaggerated width contributed to that.  I do feel the width is less but it does create a better width to depth ratio that is more realistic and enjoyable. 

hmm.. maybe i agree with you. maybe the stage b4 was too wide for the depth.. but it sounded great in certain stereo recordings :wink: 

i will give 1.2.7 a second chance and try different headphones as well.

cheers

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #9,533 of 18,652
  I'm getting hiss with my new Noble 4 universal out of the player at levels noticeable even when playing. Should I contact iBasso for a fix ?

Have you tried the different gain levels? I get hiss on low and mid gain but not on high gain with my UE7's.

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #9,534 of 18,652
  So, I'm a bit confused...is it better to have the album art just in the folder as a jpg, or embedded into the files, or both?

If you don't need to have a specific cover art attached to a song, then the cover art saved as a jpg file in the album directory will be sufficient. You embed the cover art in the audio file if it is different then the album.

I hope that makes it clear.

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #9,535 of 18,652
  If you don't need to have a specific cover art attached to a song, then the cover art saved as a jpg file in the album directory will be sufficient. You embed the cover art in the audio file if it is different then the album.

I hope that makes it clear.

i believe that embedded is better!

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #9,536 of 18,652
I quite like 1.2.7.

The harshness from female vocal in 1.2.6 have gone away.
It is much warmer and smoother. However, the soundstage is much smaller. I'm missing some details that i heard in 1.2.6.

And the old gapless is great.

Time to grab a wallpaper from the wallpaper thread^^.

EDIT: Still prefer the wider soundstage might move back to 1.2.6

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #9,537 of 18,652
  I quite like 1.2.7.

The harshness from female vocal in 1.2.6 have gone away.
It is much warmer and smoother. However, the soundstage is much smaller. I'm missing some details that i heard in 1.2.6.

And the old gapless is great.

Time to grab a wallpaper from the wallpaper thread^^.

EDIT: Still prefer the wider soundstage might move back to 1.2.6

i feel it the same way.. 
1.2.6 spoiled me :wink:

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #9,538 of 18,652
just got the update today... i'm definitely liking it... everything works well no more cut offs from my songs...
SQ i feel some of the energy is back from 1.2.5... and it has really good decay now...
plus my ALO National amp running in... the hairs on my arms are standing... 2 thumbs up for DX50 OS developer and IBASSO!!!
Keep up the good work guys!!! 

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #9,539 of 18,652
1.2.7 SQ is abit better then 1.2.6 but still sucks for my TG334..  best is 1.2.2 follows by 1.2.5..  reverting back to 1.2.5 after trying to get custom to 1.2.7 for the whole night.

1.2.7 also exhibit more hiss.. high is tamed... details retrieving sucks... sound stage is narrower then 1.2.5 but wider then 1.2.6.. to me both 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 SQ is nothing amazing...

very curious those who like 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 what iems or custom or headphone u all using?? i mean directly from dx50 amp and not external amp.   

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #9,540 of 18,652
I made a pleasant accidental discovery today regarding 1.2.7 and ogg vorbis... apparently the firmware secretly fixes the problem where "null" appears as the artist with .ogg files.

If you delete the indexing folders on the DX50 and copy a new file to it to force it to rescan media, it will correct the way it displays the tags. I also did a factory reset (but this is probably not necessary). Take a look (sorry about the poor quality photos)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back