The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 14, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #8,596 of 18,652
how is 1.2.6 FW compares to 1.2.5? is it worth spending time on update? i am on 1.2.5 now

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #8,597 of 18,652
how is 1.2.6 FW compares to 1.2.5? is it worth spending time on update? i am on 1.2.5 now

If you can live with a fading gapless so to speak I'd say yes. The scanning progress bar is worth the upgrade. Sound wise I leave it up to you to decide.

You can always revert back to 1.2.5 if you are not happy. The whole experience including going back to 1.2.5 should take you 1/2 hour at the most. :wink:

Forgot: Warning your playlists will be wiped out :D

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #8,598 of 18,652
Re installation is not required if he follows the instructions above, he should be able to have the scanner pick up the cover arts.

Hey Musicheaven, that's what I thought initially but removing the card and reinserting to provoke the Browse or Scan dialogue and selecting scan didn't work.  Then a factory reset didn't work (both through the UI and then volume up power method). So finally tried to re-install the firmware and that did work.  Not sure if there was a glitch in the initial installation of 1.2.6 but only by re-installing it did it fix it.  That was my experience anyway.

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #8,599 of 18,652
Thanks to Musicheaven, we now have all the firmware revisions in the first post! Download links, links to where the discussions about each FW starts and even the ibasso changelogs! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #8,600 of 18,652
Hey Musicheaven, that's what I thought initially but removing the card and reinserting to provoke the Browse or Scan dialogue and selecting scan didn't work.  Then a factory reset didn't work (both through the UI and then volume up power method). So finally tried to re-install the firmware and that did work.  Not sure if there was a glitch in the initial installation of 1.2.6 but only by re-installing it did it fix it.  That was my experience anyway.

I just did it and wrote the instructions and it worked for me. I did the re install yesterday and that did not work so go figure.

Note that the instructions need to be followed to the letter, I left my sd card the whole time I re installed and had to eject and re insert many times, scanned so many times I lost count. The instructions above did the trick right away on first attempt.

One more observation, the scanning was slower and longer with the above instructions while the other ones were quick and obviously incomplete.

Dec 14, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #8,601 of 18,652
Indeed!!!!  Ah well, we have working album art now I suppose so all's well that ends well.

PS Thanks to you and Soren for all the effort sorting the thread out - big improvement!

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #8,602 of 18,652
when in doubt its always good to contact seller i guess haha. make them deal with the weird stuff :D

Yup, Let them sort it out as I'm not in a technical capacity to determine what's wrong. I've just spent a week or so (apart from the half hour) without using it just to make sure that it's draining battery in shut down mode. Moreover, there's absolutely nothing I can do with the back plate protruding out. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts to my issue and will keep it at that until I get news from MP4Nation.

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #8,603 of 18,652
Thanks heaps, @Sorensiim and @musicheaven for the revamped OP! 

Good job, guys!
beerchug.gif

...Although my OCD meter is going through the roof when the two spoilers (DAP Size Comparison & Reviews) in the OP aren't spaced apart. 
tongue.gif

Aside from that...Is it just me, or does anyone else actually kinda like the funky crossfading act in place of the gapless?

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #8,604 of 18,652
Thanks heaps, @Sorensiim
 and @musicheaven
 for the revamped OP! 

Good job, guys!
:beerchug:  

...Although my OCD meter is going through the roof when the two spoilers (DAP Size Comparison & Reviews) in the OP aren't spaced apart. :p

Aside from that...Is it just me, or does anyone else actually kinda like the funky crossfading act in place of the gapless?

Thanks we are doing our best and Soren is a fast thread builder like the quick home builder puts a frame in no time. I'll leave it to him if he can see it (I did notice it :wink: ) :)

You are not alone I kind a like it, cross fading is a very common technique in DJing so I really don't mind it, I listened to lots of EDM music that uses it constantly so for me I don't notice it as much. I turned it off just to see if I could bare it but that did not work so fading gapless it is. My only point earlier is it'd be nice if they could allow us to set it through setting options on the DX50, that would make everyone happy.

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #8,605 of 18,652
Thanks we are doing our best and Soren is a fast thread builder like the quick home builder puts a frame in no time. I'll leave it to him if he can see it (I did notice it
wink.gif
)
smily_headphones1.gif

You are not alone I kind a like it, cross fading is a very common technique in DJing so I really don't mind it, I listened to lots of EDM music that uses it constantly so for me I don't notice it as much. I turned it off just to see if I could bare it but that did not work so fading gapless it is. My only point earlier is it'd be nice if they could allow us to set it through setting options on the DX50, that would make everyone happy.

Yeah, Soren seems to be here fairly often, so it should be in good hands:) 

Yeah, I agree. If the cross-fading had it's own settings option, that'd be better, seeing that people are going nuts of the failure of the "gapless" functionality. 
Either way, it's a plus for me (because I don't care all that much for gapless in the first place), because all of my songs just turned into a massive mash-up!

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #8,606 of 18,652
Received my DX50 yesterday, it came loaded with 1.2.2 so quickly did the 1.2.6 fw update. Absolutely no issues there, worked like a dream.

Thinking about the battery drain issus that has been discussed recently i just have an observation. My DX 50 has been in transit for 6 days and arrived with a fully charged battery....so little or no battery drain until we all get our grubby hands on the devices.

A picture, because hey..... Why not :xf_eek:)

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #8,609 of 18,652

Thanks heaps, @Sorensiim
 and @musicheaven
 for the revamped OP! 

Good job, guys!
beerchug.gif

...Although my OCD meter is going through the roof when the two spoilers (DAP Size Comparison & Reviews) in the OP aren't spaced apart. 
tongue.gif

Thanks we are doing our best and Soren is a fast thread builder like the quick home builder puts a frame in no time. I'll leave it to him if he can see it (I did notice it
wink.gif
)
smily_headphones1.gif

It was driving me nuts as well so I dug down in the source and cleaned things up a bit. First post should look better now 
smile.gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #8,610 of 18,652
A wonderful job in all respects, Sorensiim.

Back to the current firmware discussion:

Cross-fading "gapless" could be amusing, but defeats the purpose of gapless; to play music which does not originally have pauses between tracks.

The new wallpaper is annoying and visually noisy.  As previously suggested, the ability to upload wallpaper would be nice.  Basic black does the job just fine,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back