The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #7,861 of 18,652
Well thats good to know thats the only problem you have. Been using mine for more than 200hrs now. Everything is working properly. No volume issues or whatsoever. Just try re-tagging your files again

LoL after I said "I've had no other problems" I get my touchscreen blocked and had to restart player to get it works again!

Anyway I'm really satisfied with DX50 also if there's some minor bugs sometimes. 

:D

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #7,862 of 18,652
  What is the final price you pay in the states when you order directly from iBasso shop? Price+'what taxes etc?'....

thnx

239+22 shipping + possible brokerage fee and tax(they will declare with lower value nothing to worry about) upon delivery.

mp4nation 241 after using coupon code + free r3 IEM + free shipping (if it is shipped from US probably no brokerage nor tax)

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #7,863 of 18,652
edit: sensitive question solved via pm

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #7,866 of 18,652
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for advice on which DX50 bundle to purchase.

Option 1: iBasso DX50 + Brainwavz R3
Option 2: iBasso DX50 + DUNU DN-1000

Is it worth spending a bit more to get the DN-1000? Would there be a significant sound improvement using DN-1000 over the R3? Or should I go with the R3 bundle (cheaper) leaving me with extra money which I could then use for another alternative. I'm currently using the Ath-M50 but would like to have the option to use a different set of headphones or IEMs.

I have a diverse interest in music and because of that my playlist is always changing and I don't favor a genre over another.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #7,867 of 18,652
EDIT: sensitive question solved via pm

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #7,870 of 18,652
I'm experiencing a persistent issue where the dx50 won't scan sd cards properly. The unit is on, I push the card in, select scan sd card, media scanning initiates but only for a few seconds before bouncing back to the menu. I've tried a reset but it hasn't fixed the problem. This is on FW 1.2.5. Any suggestions? Cheers.

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #7,871 of 18,652
BUT all my HD tracks are filled under the Artist known as "null" and all of those tracks are alphabetical. What can I do about this?

Don't use Ogg Vorbis until Vobis tags are working properly?
If you're not using Ogg files then you need to tag your files. Mp3tag is the go-to for that on Windows.

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #7,872 of 18,652
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for advice on which DX50 bundle to purchase.

Option 1: iBasso DX50 + Brainwavz R3
Option 2: iBasso DX50 + DUNU DN-1000

Is it worth spending a bit more to get the DN-1000? Would there be a significant sound improvement using DN-1000 over the R3? Or should I go with the R3 bundle (cheaper) leaving me with extra money which I could then use for another alternative. I'm currently using the Ath-M50 but would like to have the option to use a different set of headphones or IEMs.

I have a diverse interest in music and because of that my playlist is always changing and I don't favor a genre over another.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

The Dunu is a great earphone.  How much is that bundle? 

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #7,873 of 18,652
Okay. I got my DX 50 yesterday. I dragged and dropped my albums from my Mac ITunes to a micro sd card. They play great the sound great. The problem is they are no longer in albums just random songs. This doesn't work. How do I get the albums to stay together?

Hmm. That should work. I copied over all of the artist folders (with album folders inside) directly from the itunes music folder on my mac and all is normal. You could give that a try before going the tagging rout. I've had excellent results from iTunes without the need for additional tagging. Including HDTracks albums that were imported into oiTunes.
Scott

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #7,874 of 18,652
Hmm. That should work. I copied over all of the artist folders (with album folders inside) directly from the itunes music folder on my mac and all is normal. You could give that a try before going the tagging rout. I've had excellent results from iTunes without the need for additional tagging. Including HDTracks albums that were imported into oiTunes.
Scott

Yes, I second that. On a Mac as well, with iTunes. Simply drag the contents of the Music folder that is inside of the iTunes folder.
However, since I let iTunes automatically download the artwork, no images showed up when playing songs with my DX50. If you have this problem, make sure to embed the artwork. There are a number of ways to do this on a Mac, the best in my opinion being with beaTunes.
You can also put the album artwork, saved as folder.jpg, into each album folder.. Saves a bit of space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back