The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #7,846 of 18,652
Today I've had a problem with dx50 for the first time. I had some problems with an album with tracks that were repeated without respecting the correct order. After selecting another album the player set the volume to maximum level with low gain setting. I've immediately lower the volume that is gone to normal with a single click (to 256 to 200 with one).
The next time I'll be more careful.

I did the same mistake too lol. Good thing is I'm not using a sensitive IEM. What I'm doing now is I turn on the DX50 first and check the volume then plug the IEM. I also set the volume to 190-200(low gain) before turning it off.

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #7,847 of 18,652
I can imagine dealing ibasso would be pain given they ignores emails. Will do better next time before ordering from Chinese retailer.

Typically iBasson is quite responsive.  I suggest trying again, keeping in mind the respective time zones when waiting for a response.

There is absolutely no reason not to work with a Chinese business.  As with any other nationality, most are great with only a few bad.

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #7,849 of 18,652
I did the same mistake too lol. Good thing is I'm not using a sensitive IEM. What I'm doing now is I turn on the DX50 first and check the volume then plug the IEM. I also set the volume to 190-200(low gain) before turning it off.

Maybe I was not precise: iBasso has turned up volume to max automatically without touching anything. This is a well know bug!
Fortunately I was using a pair of UE900 which is not so sensitive and has 32 ohm of impedence.. the volume wasn't too high to cause problem at all

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #7,850 of 18,652
Maybe I was not precise: iBasso has turned up volume to max automatically without touching anything. This is a well know bug!
Fortunately I was using a pair of UE900 which is not so sensitive and has 32 ohm of impedence.. the volume wasn't too high to cause problem at all

Oh ok. What firmware are you using? Mine set to 256 because I set it up for an external amp. User mistake for short. Never got a volume bug in 1.2.5fw

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #7,852 of 18,652
Ibasso was very reponsive to me and definitely answered all the questions and concerns i had in merely a few hours

Typically iBasson is quite responsive.  I suggest trying again, keeping in mind the respective time zones when waiting for a response.

There is absolutely no reason not to work with a Chinese business.  As with any other nationality, most are great with only a few bad.

I say they ignore emails because i know they're responsive. I emailed them a few times regarding order confirmation and shipping method. I got quick and great replies from them. I'm really satisfied with the experience which is why i did not file a dispute on paypal when they did not reply my email(over 24 hours already). I will just take the worse deal anyway. I am expecting a full refund because there is still over a week until the item will be shipped. I already sent another email  to not cancel my order. I guess i will try 1 more time and hope they do cancel it. I shouldn't of use nationality the way i did. I did have some poor experience with online shopping. Seller tend to ignore after the deal is done, but never from a company thou.

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #7,853 of 18,652
I would not blame them for being thoroughly confused and having no idea what you really want.

I suggest you make up your mind and communicate your decision clearly.  Then stick with it. The price difference is trivial.

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #7,854 of 18,652
Thanks for the help but I have to give myself a big dope slap! When I toggled "My music" I didn't realize it scrolled. Duh. Albums and Artist there...BUT all my HD tracks are filled under the Artist known as "null" and all of those tracks are alphabetical. What can I do about this?
This is a sweet sounding device, sounds even better when I plug it into my HP-P1

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #7,856 of 18,652
  I would not blame them for being thoroughly confused and having no idea what you really want.

I suggest you make up your mind and communicate your decision clearly.  Then stick with it. The price difference is trivial.

I did.

The order confirmation conversation where done right after i ordered on Nov 29th. I sent a email to cancel yesterday after seeing the deal on mp4nation.

I clearly stated i want a refund, informing them i will buy it from mp4nation with transaction number included. I even got a friend of mine to make sure google translates the english to chinese correctly.

Then no reply.. I guess will just stick with it anyway.. emailed again to not cancel.

I sent another email just now asking for a full refund encouraged by you guys.^^

Is getting off topic. I would like to end this argument here. If they refunded yay if no reply.. oh well

Edit:
  No argument here: you posted and asked for opinions.

What you do is your choice.

Don't need another post for this. So i will just use edit.

Yes ur right^.

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #7,858 of 18,652
I've got the 1.2.5. I think that the DAP had problem with an album that I was previously listening. That's the only "problem" I've had till now.

Well thats good to know thats the only problem you have. Been using mine for more than 200hrs now. Everything is working properly. No volume issues or whatsoever. Just try re-tagging your files again

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #7,859 of 18,652
What is the final price you pay in the states when you order directly from iBasso shop? Price+'what taxes etc?'....

thnx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back