https://yadi.sk/d/bHNxTdYZUySsk

DX50 SOUND EXPLOSION V1.1 BY DOC2008

DX50 MEGA SOUND EXPLOSION V1.1 BY DOC2008

DX50 SOUND EXPLOSION BASS EDITION V1.1 BY DOC2008

DX50 SOUND EXPLOSION DARK BASS EDITION V1.1 BY DOC2008

k701smile.gif
mega sound explosion with USBDAC.

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #13,802 of 18,652
  You need the stock recovery to install the stock update.  Then you have to install the RB recovery (again) before you can install
RB (again).  Just think of it as how you installed RB in the first place.

Hi Olddude,

I didn't get it here. The CWM recovery we used before came with DOC2008's firmware (an update.img file based on 1.2.8). Once I come back to stock recovery and flash with stock 1.5.0, how can I install the CWM recovery again? My understanding is that we have to wait for DOC2008 to come up with a new firmware based on 1.5.0 and with CWM built in. Any other approach that could work to get 1.5.0 with RB? Appreciated!

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #13,803 of 18,652
NOTE:  If you have installed the port from DX90 that someone put out there, I read somewhere on here that it can be tricky to revert off of it.  I have no experience with that.  I am only giving info re how to remove RockBox with a standard firmware and then install a new firmware.   Do a search here if you are using the DX90 port because what I am telling you may not work.  It is how I removed RB from my device.

No idea what you have or where you got it, but if you are RockBoxed, here is the link to the files:  https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home

After you download all of the stuff, you will have access to the stock_recovery.  Follow the instructions to revert back to stock.

Once you are back to stock recovery you should be able to install 1.5.0 with no issues, just as you would any normal firmware.

There is an RKbatchtool linked to on this thread back about 20-30 pages that will revert whatever you have on your device back to original stock.  It requires Windows to run it.  I believe a poster named Howdy put it up here.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #13,804 of 18,652
So I just read through pages of web articles (really difficult to understand for me) regarding digital filters and this is what I've managed to gather (I hope I'm right, please correct me if I'm wrong):

Fast/Steep roll-off: less ultrasonic artifacts. Has pre-ringing (for most), more linear FR than slow/shallow roll-off. Typically greater group delay than slow/shallow roll-off.

Slow/Shallow roll-off: Slightly more ultrasonic artifacts. Has pre-ringing (again, for most filters), but usually less than fast/steep roll-off. May more more high-frequency roll-off compared to fast/steep roll-off. Usually lesser group delay than fast/steep roll-off (not sure if this translates into better phase coherency or not).

But even after reading up on these two types of filters I don't think I hear any audible difference between them. According to posts in the DX90 thread the difference is only apparent on some songs but not on others,. Anyone tried switching between the 2 filters and care to throw in their 2 cents?

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #13,805 of 18,652
  NOTE:  If you have installed the port from DX90 that someone put out there, I read somewhere on here that it can be tricky to revert off of it.  I have no experience with that.  I am only giving info re how to remove RockBox with a standard firmware and then install a new firmware.   Do a search here if you are using the DX90 port because what I am telling you may not work.  It is how I removed RB from my device.

No idea what you have or where you got it, but if you are RockBoxed, here is the link to the files:  https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home

After you download all of the stuff, you will have access to the stock_recovery.  Follow the instructions to revert back to stock.

Once you are back to stock recovery you should be able to install 1.5.0 with no issues, just as you would any normal firmware.

I have no issue doing all these. The question is how to install RB after 1.5.0 is loaded.

Jun 26, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #13,807 of 18,652
Jun 26, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #13,809 of 18,652
No.  RockBox is NOT anything from DOC2008.  THAT is a firmware.  RockBox is something that goes over the firmware.  Let's try this again, with another link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-25

That is RockBox.  It goes over whatever firmware you install.  So if you install 1.5, you then do what the other link I sent you tells you to do.  

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #13,810 of 18,652

You mean reinstall the update.img from Firmware_DOC2008 for the CWM and then load RB.zip? That will bring it back to 1.2.8. Am I missing anything here?

I forget the procedure for installing RB, but if you want to go to 1.5.0 or Doc's MSE, just install the update.img as usual (drag on to player and "system update") then (if you need to, im not sure if you'll have to) reinstall RB following the same procedure as you did the first time.

Jun 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #13,811 of 18,652
  No.  RockBox is NOT anything from DOC2008.  THAT is a firmware.  RockBox is something that goes over the firmware.  Let's try this again, with another link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/ibasso-dx50-rockbox-finally-here-latest-update-2014-03-25

That is RockBox.  It goes over whatever firmware you install.  So if you install 1.5, you then do what the other link I sent you tells you to do.

Sure I understand and I have been using it ever since it was available to DX50.

In order to install RB we need CWM recovery. CWM is not a standalone installation. The link you sent me (which is the one we all get RB from) says get CWM from DOC2008's firmwire, an update.img file that has CWM built in:

install
  1. 1) you need to install CWM recovery. Get standard firmware with CWM recovery here: yandex disk -> install update.img as usual
  2. 2) reboot into CWM recovery (power on holding vol+) and install rockbox zip from internal or external SD
  3. 3) reboot and enjoy

The problem is, when you install this firmware, you are going to wipe off 1.5.0, because this img file is based on 1.2.8. It is not going to just replace stock recovery with CWM without touching the 1.5.0 you just installed and then allow you to install Rockbox onto it.

I'm lost. I would like to ask if anyone has successfully installed Rockbox with 1.5.0 and how? Or how to replace the stock recovery with CWM but not wiping the 1.5.0?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back