The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #8,477 of 18,652
HELP!!! :)

Where do you find the manual?? Basically I can't find which way you put the SD and how can I see what software version I have...

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #8,478 of 18,652
Me to Ibasso

"Hi there

I am really interested in the Opamp used in the DX50. Are you able to let me know?

Many thanks"

Ibasso to me

"Hi,
The OPAMP information is our business secret. I cant tell you what it is.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio"

Any clues as to what it might be ?

Interesting that some manufacturers are open about their Opamp choice and may in fact give you a choice to roll, but others like iBasso feel it is their proprietary information.

This would lead to (even more) people comparing specsheets instead of sound and some would DEMAND that Ibasso should offer the DX50 with the FOTM1337 opamp. I totally understand that they don't share this info.

(I am looking forward to ompamp rolling the PB2 though.)

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #8,479 of 18,652
Where do you find the manual?? Basically I can't find which way you put the SD and how can I see what software version I have...

Closest thing to a manual is the FAQ linked in the first post.

The uSD card only fits one way: contacts in and facing the same direction as the screen. Anything else will jam about half way.

Software version is in Settings -> Advanced -> System Info

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #8,480 of 18,652
Closest thing to a manual is the FAQ linked in the first post.

The uSD card only fits one way: contacts in and facing the same direction as the screen. Anything else will jam about half way.

Software version is in Settings -> Advanced -> System Info

Thanks! I feel stupid as I didn't think it will scroll! :p I couldn't find the extra settings :)

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #8,481 of 18,652
Update regarding my DX50 freezing issues.  I was able to go the past couple days with no freezes at all, yet randomly it always comes back.  Such as just 30 minutes ago, froze once after 2 days of perfectly.  Rebooted, played a couple songs and froze again in the middle of a different song.  Rebooted again, started playing a different album entirely, froze a third time a couple songs later.  This is a sign I need to stop using this to listen to music for the day.  Let it have a nap or something.

Right now it has a 64 gb sandisk microsd card in it bought new from amazon specifically for the DX50.  Since replacing it is one thing I have not tried, I ordered a new 64 gb transcend microsd card, and also a new usb 3.0 microsd card adapter.  Will copy all my music to this new card, stick it in the DX50 with another factory reset and see what happens.

The way I see it there is either two outcomes from here:

1.  The new sd card works and it no longer freezes.  The sandisk sd card can then be considered bad, and the DX50 doesn't know how to deal with this properly.

2,  The DX50 continues to still freeze with the new sd card.  In which case, screw it, I'll have two working microsd cards ready for sticking into the Fiio x5 when I am able to get one.

If #1 is true I will no longer be tempted or motivated to getting the Fiio.  But if it's not I'll have to jump ship.

It's in iBasso's hands now.  :)

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #8,482 of 18,652
This would lead to (even more) people comparing specsheets instead of sound and some would DEMAND that Ibasso should offer the DX50 with the FOTM1337 opamp. I totally understand that they don't share this info.

(I am looking forward to ompamp rolling the PB2 though.)

They quote the DAC chip don't they? So why be coy about the opamp, unless it isn't so good?

What is the FOTM1337 opamp - google didn't come up with a meaningful result.

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #8,485 of 18,652
Because of the gapless issue, I ended up going back to 1.2.5. I hope they fix it for 1.2.7.

Dec 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #8,486 of 18,652
Because of the gapless issue, I ended up going back to 1.2.5. I hope they fix it for 1.2.7.

Same here.  Gapless issues are a total dealbreaker for me. 1.2.6 is the first firmware update I haven't adopted (except for the 1.2.3beta with its horrendous bass boost - that lasted about 5 minutes on my DX50). 

I'm also weary of the "increased bass perofrmance" people have reported over 1.2.6.  Is it boosted, or just tighter/more refined? 

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #8,488 of 18,652
I'm also weary of the "increased bass perofrmance" people have reported over 1.2.6.  Is it boosted, or just tighter/more refined? 

It may depend on your headphones and amplifier and ears. With my kit and ears it seems to be a little bit elevated compared to 1.2.5. A little bit of fun. Just a hint. Less, I think, than what you get with the Classical preset. There may be a hint of a hint of more treble as well but I'm not sure; either my KRK's or my ears aren't sensitive enough to tell with any certainty. At the same time, the stereo separation is much improved and I think the overall clarity may be a just a bit more refined than 1.2.5 but that could be due to the soundstage improvements.

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #8,489 of 18,652

It will be fixed per iBasso. 

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #8,490 of 18,652
There was a lot of discussion earlier in the thread about the best IEMs to mate with the DX50.  I remain mystified by the RE-400s.  I don't get how such a highly reviewed IEM can sound so godawful, and not just with the DX50. 

Until now, the only IEM I could live with was the $12 Audio Technica ATH-CLR100. 

I just got the Vsonic VSD1S based on some recommendations in this thread.  My impressions can be condensed into just one word: WOW! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back