The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 1, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #7,681 of 18,652
In your actual experience, do you think the combo DX50+T1 sounds very much better than C3+BH?

As I read somewhere that C3 has better clarity and cleaner sound than DX50. Any comment?

i am afraid Yes 
very_evil_smiley.gif

i tried today C3+BH vs. DX50+T1 vs. RWAK100.

conclusion was sadly simple: you get what you pay for.

DX50+T1 easily unseats C3+BH. cleaner sounding, more black space, detail is better and more effortless. C3+BH nice warm sounding combo but lacks some detail refining and can sound bit dark and muff in comparison. also stage feels more inner centered and closed. on its own C3+BH is great combo but compared to now it got some strong competition.

on the other hand RWAK100 beats DX50+T1 with more refine and dynamic sound, stage depth, black space, ... while detail level will be even and sometimes DX50 will sound slightly more detailed the level of presentation is better on RWAK and is clearly audible which means it is not little.

DX50 is excellent DAP for the money and amped with a good amp will deliver truly high-fidelity sound.
update: listening now to Buddy Guy on DX50 all i can tell is DX50 is detail monster, monster i repeat it :D

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #7,682 of 18,652
As promised. Here's mine.
Currently running at 1.2.5fw.
1.2.5fw has too much bass for me. EQ set to custom at all 0.

DX50/R-50

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #7,683 of 18,652
is this only me lucky? three weeks now using DX50 with 1.2.5 FW and no issues. yesterday did a card scan and it took only 5 minutes or slightly less, after that no issues, DX50 powers up instantly and is ready to go without any irks or scans... do not know guys, i believe i am just lucky.

on the sound, i find not much change with burn in and continue to prefer DX50 amped to DX50 unamped. overall DX50 a lovely sounding machine which makes me very happy. so happy that my "famous" C3+BH combo might be put out for sell soon, have to check it again but see little reason to keep it then.

If everybody else use DX50 the same way you perhaps they wont encounter much problem. The thing is there are many variables and each combination of use case presents it's own experience.

The length of scanning really depends on the number of files you have using DB playback mode.

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #7,684 of 18,652
This rig has the fusion of natural and neutral sound. Quite the set up.

(Apologies to those who have already seen this picture in the Portable Rig thread:)

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #7,686 of 18,652

i am afraid Yes 
very_evil_smiley.gif

i tried today C3+BH vs. DX50+T1 vs. RWAK100.

conclusion was sadly simple: you get what you pay for.

DX50+T1 easily unseats C3+BH. cleaner sounding, more black space, detail is better and more effortless. C3+BH nice warm sounding combo but lacks some detail refining and can sound bit dark and muff in comparison. also stage feels more inner centered and closed. on its own C3+BH is great combo but compared to now it got some strong competition.

on the other hand RWAK100 beats DX50+T1 with more refine and dynamic sound, stage depth, black space, ... while detail level will be even and sometimes DX50 will sound slightly more detailed the level of presentation is better on RWAK and is clearly audible which means it is not little.

DX50 is excellent DAP for the money and amped with a good amp will deliver truly high-fidelity sound.
update: listening now to Buddy Guy on DX50 all i can tell is DX50 is detail monster, monster i repeat it :D

Listening to Junior Wells album "Come on in this House" with the DX50 + T1 and Dunu DN1000.  I couldn't be happier.  Between Junior and Buddy, I've got a nice day ahead.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #7,687 of 18,652
hello everybody.

just want to make sure my order was placed correctly at ibasso.com on the 29th of nov.

as i DIDNT get a mail from them, but only from paypal that the money was correctly transferred.

im in europe. is this normal? on the website it says 11th batch, to be shipped on dec 10.

any info would be appreciated..
tx

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #7,688 of 18,652
hey, just ordered the same iem and the dx50..

is the r50 a good match?

cant wait..

It is. No hiss at all gain level.
Haven't tried a different fw, but if you're running on 1.2.5fw. Set your EQ to custom(all 0). Too much bass of 1.2.5fw is eating other details if you're using R-50.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #7,689 of 18,652
  hello everybody.

just want to make sure my order was placed correctly at ibasso.com on the 29th of nov.

as i DIDNT get a mail from them, but only from paypal that the money was correctly transferred.

im in europe. is this normal? on the website it says 11th batch, to be shipped on dec 10.

any info would be appreciated..
tx

They only confirmed my order on the day they posted it. You can always request some confirmation they are pretty good at answering emails.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #7,692 of 18,652
If everybody else use DX50 the same way you perhaps they wont encounter much problem. The thing is there are many variables and each combination of use case presents it's own experience.

The length of scanning really depends on the number of files you have using DB playback mode.

yes, you right. as regards scanning i have 64G card flac only and no issues.
what i do is i keep only flac files and nothing else, no images, no cue lists, no libraries, nothing what could be potential source for disruption.
i also disabled after power.

and i love DX50 sound which i find superb for the money. it is not most clean sounding or neutral but DX50 is sooooo musical that you stop talking about hair spitting the moment you hear it.
to each his own? i hope i will remain lucky because there is no guarantee against FW issues and might be soon i will come back red faced ... but not know :D

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #7,693 of 18,652

Listening to Junior Wells album "Come on in this House" with the DX50 + T1 and Dunu DN1000.  I couldn't be happier.  Between Junior and Buddy, I've got a nice day ahead.

Junior & Buddy.... yum yum, you have great taste mate.... i am such a sucker for blues

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #7,695 of 18,652
Aahhhh....so just not me. I too just realized that 1.2.5 has more emphasis on the bass department. It really reaches those low notes.

It does. Good thing EQ is working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back