The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #7,066 of 18,652
DX50 is very good sounding DAP at present, my impressions changed a lot after v0 firmware it came with my 1st batch. Just like everyone v1.2.2 is fantastic on mids and highs, v1.2.3b lows are very good, v1.2.5 soundstage is very good, all three are very much comparable. With any one of the three firmware, my PFE232 and SE215 shines pretty much.

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #7,068 of 18,652
Looking for interconnect for DX50 & C&C BH2 (not arrived yet), want to try silver FAW. Maybe other suggestions for ICL?

Nov 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #7,069 of 18,652
Just spent my afternoon working up a workaround for the lack of sane playlist support. See, I like to shuffle by entire albums within a large group but I don't want albums to repeat until all of them have played. Can't get that from any kind of dynamic shuffle. My original iPod workaround was a little program I whipped up that would take a m3u playlist, shuffle by album, and write it back out. Then Apple added something like this to iTunes but I still used it with Rockbox. Can't do anything like this on DX50 yet.

What I've done is blatant abuse of the album tags. A directory on the SD card for a group of tracks. A shell script that iterates through a playlist file and copies tracks to the directory on the SD card. A counter that is incremented for each file copied, a counter that is prepended to each copied file's album tag. Play from directories.

Next up: figuring out how to beat ffmpeg into using ReplayGain data, and seeing if I can get the Android version of Rockbox installed and running through the Android debugger.

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #7,071 of 18,652

I have exactly the same problem and told it to iBasso. This behaviour started on the 1.2.5 release (1.2.0, 1.2.2 and 1.2.3beta don't have it). My scan takes much longer because I have >7000 mp3 files on a MicroSD card.
I advise you to send an email to them as well so that the people with loaded MicroSDs get the respect they deserve. 
tongue.gif

By the way, if you hold the power button for a few seconds when the "Media Scanning" starts you can access the home icon and bypass it.

Meanwhile, I'll use the 1.2.3 Beta until this is fixed.

Agree and will email iBasso to make start scan optional. A simple Auto/Manual would do.

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #7,072 of 18,652
  Alright just like to list my experience with the DX50.

<SNIP>

2- I have an 64 GB SD card with a mix of FLAC 16/24 bit, MP3, APE & WAV files all organized in Artist/Album folders. This card is almost full (~58GB).
3- On my first scan after the upgrade it took exactly 5 minutes to scan 4.5 GB internal  + 58 GB External. That is pretty good in my book.
4- On power on the DX50 take about 5 second for the quick scan. That is good too.

<SNIP>

biggrin.gif
  This was just my observations. YMMV

Yes, MMDV (My Mileage Does Vary :) )... My 64gb card is a mixture of FLAC (+/-450) and mp3 (+/- 5,000). I wonder if the number of files is the problem? I note that another member with the same delay approx as me has about 7,000 mp3s. 

How many files do you have and do they all contain album art?

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #7,073 of 18,652
Has anyone done a comparison between the uha-6s' dac (via dx50 coax) and the dac on the dx50 using line-out and the uha-6s amp section?

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #7,074 of 18,652
Calling all re400 owners! The issue has been brought up saying the hifiman re400 and dx50 do not have good synergy. I just got the dx50 and I am not liking what I am hearing.

Before I go and buy different IEM's though, I wanted to find out if the sound I am hearing is because of poor synergy or maybe I just don't like the dx50. I currently only have the re400 since I sold all my other headphones.

To me, there is transparency lacking with the re400/dx50. Vocals do not seem as intimate as I have heard using other sources.

Is this the same thing other people are hearing? Please let me know. Thanks!

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #7,078 of 18,652
Can't speak for RE400s but I have several other IEMs including PFE232, W4R, UM3x, SE535 and EPH100 and of these I prefer the two Westones with the UM3x edging out the W4r with the EPH100 as a dynamic sounding quite good too. The other two are too bright. I tried the PFE with green filters but while they sound good with the DX50 this way, they loose something with other sources. 

I must say that the UM3x seem to pair very well with most of my sources. The slightly enhanced bass impact makes them more fun to listen to than my W4r.

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #7,080 of 18,652
Calling all re400 owners! The issue has been brought up saying the hifiman re400 and dx50 do not have good synergy. I just got the dx50 and I am not liking what I am hearing.

Before I go and buy different IEM's though, I wanted to find out if the sound I am hearing is because of poor synergy or maybe I just don't like the dx50. I currently only have the re400 since I sold all my other headphones.

To me, there is transparency lacking with the re400/dx50. Vocals do not seem as intimate as I have heard using other sources.

Is this the same thing other people are hearing? Please let me know. Thanks!

Get the Vsonic VSD1s for under 50 dollars on amazon, they sound amazing together. Make sure it is the one that end in "s".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back