The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #5,491 of 18,652

See how you go, we don't talk about the problems here because people tend to get upset.

DX50 simply wasn't strong enough technically for me in the end, mine had good detail and resolution at higher volumes, however I lust for wider stage, more air, and some intense instrument seperation and while we're at it something slightly cooler crisper in tonality. Long story short personally I prefer the hisound players. (namely the BA and Studio) But as you can see, people love DX50, they really love DX50 so it might just be for you too.

sold yours???
eek.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #5,492 of 18,652
I was thinking the opposite. Hoping later batches should have given Ibasso enough feedback and experience so they can spot/fix problems with production. same goes with FW. Now you are making me nervous.

i do not know but given huge demand they received their manufacture capacities possibly have been pushed beyond maximum... which means what it means. i hope they do not slip on quality controls.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #5,494 of 18,652

See how you go, we don't talk about the problems here because people tend to get upset.

DX50 simply wasn't strong enough technically for me in the end, mine had good detail and resolution at higher volumes, however I lust for wider stage, more air, and some intense instrument seperation and while we're at it something slightly cooler crisper in tonality. Long story short personally I prefer the hisound players. (namely the BA and Studio) But as you can see, people love DX50, they really love DX50 so it might just be for you too. 

Last time i said anything critical about the DX50 some people were throwing their dolls on the floor....The fact is the DX50 has bugs when it was released and still has some now, if you you want to justify your purchase be my guest!! 

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #5,497 of 18,652
Dang! Mine works and sounds good. Something must be wrong. :wink:

T.R.A.N.C.E., I am genuinely sorry about your problem. That's a drag. The Sony does look good and could be the better DAP with the digital amplifier. If you want to use it as a source with a truly high end amplifier, the DX50 is really something special - if you get one that works.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #5,498 of 18,652
I'm quite sure its static that is affecting the DX50 for some crazy reason (If I hold it and shake it around its fine, so its not vibration/movement), It seems I'm going to have to send mine back, for refund :frowning2:  I'm just gonna get the Sony ZX1 instead, ***, at least a big name company won't have random stupid issues I hope. I'm still at a loss as to how a hardware fault could cause my DX50 to be susceptible to static, but whatever it is my DX50 can not be classified as a portable DAP, because if I use it on the move it becomes a portable CRAP.

Why would you go for the ZX1 compared to the similarly priced new model from Sony? What is it the 886 or the 887?

For the static issue I've had with previous DAPs like my iRiver U10, try carrying a ziplock bag of sriracha in your other pocket. It neutralizes the electromagnetic effects for some odd reason, kind of like a ground. The one in the clear bottle with the green tip works best. I feel like it cleaned up the sound a bit too, a blacker stage or something.

Just be more careful than me and use one of those very well sealing bags. This is no area to be stingy.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #5,499 of 18,652
  Last time i said anything critical about the DX50 some people were throwing their dolls on the floor....The fact is the DX50 has bugs when it was released and still has some now, if you you want to justify your purchase be my guest!!

unfortunately happens to many DAPs, remember Cowon some time ago and bricked players because of Mac OSX, not mention very poor customer service of Cowon ... i just hope iBasso will be promptly responding to all problems and fast with updates.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #5,500 of 18,652
  sold yours???
eek.gif

Yep.

Yep.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #5,501 of 18,652
Oct 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #5,502 of 18,652

so quick? ...
confused_face_2.gif

I told you why on the last page. Don't let it concern you though, honestly. You may very well be right at home with iBasso. You know I move stuff quickly anyway, big part of purchasing for me is gaining the experience points and never necessarily to keep a product unless it absolutely earns a permanent place in my stable.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #5,503 of 18,652

I lol'ed 
biggrin.gif

IMHO everyone should have their say, in a civilized manner. Example:

Not cool: "The DX50 is useless!!"

Cool: "The DX50 is useless to me because..."

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #5,504 of 18,652
H20,  thanks, should i cancel my order???
wink_face.gif

seriously, i think for 240$ i can give DX50 a try and see what this hype is all about. i am prepared for the issues hopefully since i followed this thread closely but if DX50 will be freezing way too often i will put it back for refund. so iBasso got some time to work on improving firmware before my sample arrives
o2smile.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #5,505 of 18,652
  H20,  thanks, should i cancel my order???
wink_face.gif

seriously, i think for 240$ i can give DX50 a try and see what this hype is all about. i am prepared for the issues hopefully since i followed this thread closely but if DX50 will be freezing way too often i will put it back for refund. so iBasso got some time to work on improving firmware before my sample arrives
o2smile.gif

I use my player daily, I've encountered zero glitches since using 1.2.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back