The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 27, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #5,146 of 18,652

ah yes, i've also used the plastic version. it's the same process. the black cylindrical part doesn't need to be cut out as it just screws into the right angle part. you now need a strong plastic adhesive to make sure everything stays put.

They're metal as well.

So wait, is it plastic or metal? 
confused.gif

Also, if it is plastic, you should be able to file it down right? 

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #5,148 of 18,652

So wait, is it plastic or metal? 
confused.gif

Also, if it is plastic, you should be able to file it down right? 

I think Karloil is confusing these with another connector... The Neutrik right-angle 3.5mm are most definitely metal, I've soldered heaps of those.

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #5,149 of 18,652

the ones that i got are plastic. no need to file them. do you have the neutrik plug with you? it's easier to see it once you have the part. 

I had a mini to mini cable with silver Neutrik jacks so I know how they are built, but I have no experience with the black one. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #5,150 of 18,652
  I think Karloil is confusing these with another connector... The Neutrik right-angle 3.5mm are most definitely metal, I've soldered heaps of those.

i'm quite sure with the neutrik plugs - at least with the ones that i have. the silver ones are made of metal, then the black ones are plastic, soldered a lot of them too.

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #5,151 of 18,652

i'm quite sure with the neutrik plugs - at least with the ones that i have. the silver ones are made of metal, then the black ones are plastic, soldered a lot of them too.

There must be a plastic variant that I'm not aware of then 
smile.gif

Doesn't matter if the barrel is plastic or metal if were throwing it out anyway though. Alright back to the DX50 - Who here thinks it's awesome?

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #5,152 of 18,652
It seems like it is metal from the website, but it's probably best to stay on topic. 

Back to the DX50 like Soren says 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #5,154 of 18,652
  It seems like it is metal from the website, but it's probably best to stay on topic. 

The fact that I have that very plug on my iem cable and the black paint is slowly wearing off so you can see the brass underneath also indicates that it is not plastic. 

So, anybody need a DX100? I'm too much in love with the DX50 for the 100 to get any use these days.

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #5,155 of 18,652
tongue_smile.gif
hahaha we can agree to disagree that the black one is both plastic and metal. i'm tapping my used and new plugs right now and its pretty plastic to me. the threads on the right angle are plastic. so they may be selling plastic on this part of the globe versus to where you are which they sell metal.
confused_face.gif

anyway, back to topic....all hail the dx50!
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #5,156 of 18,652
My samsung battery came and just did some ab ab comparisons. . Yes the samsung battery sound better. Bass is tighter n extend further. Soundstage is wider. I check both battery voltage both same same. Althought from dx50 battery level the samsung is lower but it sound so much effortless compare to original pisen batrery from ibasso

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #5,157 of 18,652

My samsung battery came and just did some ab ab comparisons. . Yes the samsung battery sound better. Bass is tighter n extend further. Soundstage is wider. I check both battery voltage both same same. Althought from dx50 battery level the samsung is lower but it sound so much effortless compare to original pisen batrery from ibasso

yes! another believer. I think we should all listen to what nakedtoes says, after all he did join headfi in 2004 yet has only 274 posts, which means he only speaks the truth! :p

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #5,158 of 18,652
This battery issue has really caught my fancy. Need to check this out :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back