The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #3,751 of 18,652
Yeah, I use it regularly at least every other day when I'm busy working in the house (without going to my office for my main setup).....it has never froze on my FLACs (all i use are tagged FLACs with 16bit/44khz) and has played flawlessly....no volume bugs etc...this is on 1.16....no korean support yet but the files play at least now.....really nice and portable and a great match for my IEMs I've thrown @ it thus far (Heir 4ai, Shure 535SE, TG334, Parterre, 4R) etc....I am sensitive to highs and I don't feel anything is what I'd consider harsh or sharp either.  Pretty neutral overall if I had to pin a signature on the player.  Good luck to those having a lot of issues, I know confidently the best has yet to come as the new firmwares roll out from iBasso in the upcoming weeks/months.

P.S.  Only times I did notice the lag was playing 24bit/96khz flacs.....player gets sluggish and the more you play the more sluggish it gets.....perhaps some of this attributes to the volume problem with the lag on volume control etc *Shrug*. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #3,752 of 18,652
Ok, here are the specifics: I keep my music in this folder structure: Artist folder -> Albums -> music files of different data types.
I use a 32GB SD card in fat32 format, and used a seperate card reader to connect to the pc. 
When I copied the files in order, I obviously copied the exact same files, in the exact same file structure as I did with the normal copying. 
The only difference (that I know of), was that once I copied the files with copyinorder, the ibasso stopped scanning the files after about 3 folder/artists. So when I would browse music on artist, I would only see 3-4 artists.
When I deleted everything from the SD card, and copied it the normal way, the player worked fine again!

Thanks for the info.  I will definitely keep an eye out for this behavior and report back if I see anything funky.
Every time I copy files over I wonder, "Will this be the time it doesn't scan?"  So far I've been lucky.  Hope everything gets stabilized!

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #3,753 of 18,652
Hello

I have been using the latest firmware for nearly 2 weeks and it is much more stable. The player freezes far less which was very
frustrating. I am using it with the RSA Hornet and the Sennheiser Momentums and the results are superb. Can anybody help
me with transferring the art work on WAV files to the player.

Thanks

From what I know you CAN'T attach album art to WAV files... you need to convert to a different format, lossless (like FLAC) or lossy (MP3 etc) which supports tags, and album art tags specifically. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #3,755 of 18,652
  Thanks for the info.  I will definitely keep an eye out for this behavior and report back if I see anything funky.
Every time I copy files over I wonder, "Will this be the time it doesn't scan?"  So far I've been lucky.  Hope everything gets stabilized!

Haha, well, when I googled my problem I did found another user who had the same problem. But it was like over a hundred pages ago.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #3,759 of 18,652
I just got this from Meenova and it works perfectly with Sandisk 64gb micro card.

Yes, you use 2 micro cards. I have another 64gb card inserted in the unit and you just switch sources in directory. I have noticed that the card reader will power down when you power the unit down, but you have remove and re-insert the reader again.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3,760 of 18,652
Yes, you use 2 micro cards. I have another 64gb card inserted in the unit and you just switch sources in directory. I have noticed that the card reader will power down when you power the unit down, but you have remove and re-insert the reader again.

So... using this could be an option? http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-OTG-Adapter-Hub-SD-Card-Reader-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-1-/370804171411?pt=US_Memory_Card_Readers_USB_Host_Adapters&hash=item5655a6a293 

That does make it interesting. Though i'm not having issues using my 250GB portable HDD with my OTG cable...

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3,762 of 18,652
Just got my very own Tralucent T1 to pair with what I'm calling my Three Horsemen of Audio...the DX100, the RWAK100, and the DX50. 

I plugged it into the 50 first and was floored. Everyone saying that it opened up the soundstage was putting it mildly. It makes the 50 sound as good as the 100...without a doubt. I'm going to be putting up my other headphone amps for sale...2 FiiO (E6, E17) and a C&C BH.

I can't believe the improvement this little thing makes on an already fantastic product. Yeah there are bugs...yes there are glitches every now and then...but honestly...for the price point, the sound that comes out of it is insane...even more so with this T1. 

Someone above said it truly...there is NOT a $650 sound difference between this and the DX100...not by a long shot.

Steve from NYC

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #3,763 of 18,652
  Just got my very own Tralucent T1 to pair with what I'm calling my Three Horsemen of Audio...the DX100, the RWAK100, and the DX50. 

I plugged it into the 50 first and was floored. Everyone saying that it opened up the soundstage was putting it mildly. It makes the 50 sound as good as the 100...without a doubt. I'm going to be putting up my other headphone amps for sale...2 FiiO (E6, E17) and a C&C BH.

I can't believe the improvement this little thing makes on an already fantastic product. Yeah there are bugs...yes there are glitches every now and then...but honestly...for the price point, the sound that comes out of it is insane...even more so with this T1. 

Someone above said it truly...there is NOT a $650 sound difference between this and the DX100...not by a long shot.

Steve from NYC

-_-

Aaaaannddd I want it.

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #3,765 of 18,652

Steve from NYC

I don't have any of the other daps but gotta say the DX50 sound is amazing, pairable with quite a few iems, play nicely with loads of amps but works beautifully on it's own and as you said with the price point you just can't go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back