The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #3,515 of 18,652
Yeah totally agree with you, it's hard to compete with Apple's financial and talent clout. Until they seriously decide to get into audiophile players, they can be beat though, if not interface wise, at least hardware wise.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #3,516 of 18,652
What kind of interconnect would you need to hook this up with a RSA 71b balanced?

I assume you mean connecting the DX50 to the 71b; the standard 3.5 male to 3.5 male interconnect to the 71b SE input will work. Your headphone is connected to the balanced connector, the 71b like the intruder is capable of accepting SE input and outputting on the balanced one. It goes without saying you'll need your headphone to be wired for balanced mode with the RSA plug.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #3,517 of 18,652
Does everything I need.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #3,519 of 18,652
Just a simple question to those who own both the DX50 and the DX100:
Is sound improvement of the DX100 compared to the DX50 really worth the extra - in my case 440GBP ($707)?
I'm not tying to drive large headphones, just CIEMs - Heir Audio 8.A.
Does the DX50 do them justice? Are the differences worth that kind of money?
It's not about the money, I can afford the DX100,
I just don't like to pay money for - potentially - almost nothing.:wink:

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #3,520 of 18,652
  Just a simple question to those who own both the DX50 and the DX100:
Is sound improvement of the DX100 compared to the DX50 really worth the extra - in my case 440GBP ($707)?
I'm not tying to drive large headphones, just CIEMs - Heir Audio 8.A.
Does the DX50 do them justice? Are the differences worth that kind of money?
It's not about the money, I can afford the DX100,
I just don't like to pay money for - potentially - almost nothing.:wink:

For ciems, DX50 seems to be more than perfect, you don't need DX100. Okay it will give you some extra but for only ciems, is it worth it? Most people would say no probably.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #3,521 of 18,652
Amber, in my humble opinion IF money not an issue then it is better have flexibility and extra bits of dx100 unless big size and else issues like battery would be working against. For me dx100 was no go because of size and battery. However if one day you want to move from Ciems to headphones dx100 will be better choice. Again my case is unique since i hate headphones from times i was DJ-ing but that's very unusual case indeed.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #3,522 of 18,652
Amber, in my humble opinion IF money not an issue then it is better have flexibility and extra bits of dx100 unless big size and else issues like battery would be working against. For me dx100 was no go because of size and battery. However if one day you want to move from Ciems to headphones dx100 will be better choice. Again my case is unique since i hate headphones from times i was DJ-ing but that's very unusual case indeed.

In his case he mentioned only ciems (Heir 8A), so that's why I said it that way. Sorensiim also reported they are awesome. Yes you get extra soundstage as well as driving power (which can be useful for future) but for ONLY ciems, I am not sure DX100 is needed.

Sure in many ways, DX100 still the bigger brother but, I hope we understood each other
happy_face1.gif

Considering my situation, I went to ciems from full sized cans, I don't think I will ever go back to full sized cans again. Maybe HD800 can be acquired as some kind of 'reference point' but apart from that, ciems are absolutely perfect ( very happy SE5way owner here).

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #3,523 of 18,652
yes Amber, still he must decide if only ciems or not.

In my case i cannot forget long hours i spent in headphones mixing programs and doing sessions, my ears were physically aching from long wear of headphones pressing on them. Since that time i hate all and any headphones.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #3,525 of 18,652
  It's working, but it's no iPod either. :p I don't think anything will ever be close to iPod UI though.

For me, it's not just the design of the UI (the latest version of iTunes was pretty awful, IMO), it's the integration between player and music collection. It was trivially easy to create a playlist to transfer a particular set of tracks over to the player, and it's that that I'm really missing now I've got rid of my iDevices and gone Android phone/DX50. Both of which sound far better than any of the iDevices I've ever owned :)

Just as when I had my iDevice, sometimes I only want to copy particular tracks over to my DX50, rather than whole albums, and it's a PITA doing it with the DX50.

If Apple ever make an  audiophilePod that plays FLACs, I'll be all over it just for the ease of transferring files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back