The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #871 of 1,074
Oh well. Even with the camera adapter that just arrived the DC04 Pro still cuts out at louder volumes on an iPhone.

The DAC is still a good buy for me. I do have a spare android phone kicking around and most of my listening isn’t super loud so the iPhone will be suitable for most occasions. And I can return the adapter to Amazon.

Eventually I’ll upgrade the iPhone and have one with a USB connector and presumably that will work well.
This sounds like the iPhone’s current limitation kicking in. I’ve had the same issue with my ifi Gold Bar when trying to turn up the volume: cut outs.

I was able to resolve this issue by using Audirect’s T1 lightning to type C cable with that embedded capacitor. With this cable, the lightning connector pretty much never gets hot like so many other lightning to type C cables I’ve used with dongles.

Mar 7, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #872 of 1,074
Can you post a photo from the top?
will do as soon as I get back home. What exactly would be top? where the 4.4mm plug goes ?

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #874 of 1,074
viber_image_2024-03-07_19-06-51-732.jpg

From the series "pimp my hiby r3 II" :) I got a magnet tape which is on the dc-elite and hiby, not very strong but enough to keep it there while in the pocket.
Does the R3 II have enough power to reliably run the DC Elite, and if so for how long? I’ve wanted a DAP to use as a transport but without a battery in the dongle the battery of the DAP is of utmost importance.

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #875 of 1,074
Does the R3 II have enough power to reliably run the DC Elite, and if so for how long? I’ve wanted a DAP to use as a transport but without a battery in the dongle the battery of the DAP is of utmost importance.
So far it seems to have enough power. At first I thought the sound was a bit different when I plugged into my phone directly but I did a/b testing after that and I didn't notice difference. As far as the battery, I am using it now on very sensitive iems (like Trifecta) at first step on the volume, and subjectively it is good for my purposes but it would be good to find small player with larger battery - I do around 4-5 hours before plugging it in again, at around 20% left battery - but I would need to pay attention exactly to how much hours it lasts this is just approximation because I am using it in short sessions of 30-60 minutes.

I started researching other "obscure" chinese players but hard to find which one supports usb-c out.

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #876 of 1,074
Thanks, from the back of the r3, where the dongle is glued. Indeed, I wasn't very precise :smirk:
viber_image_2024-03-08_07-44-30-352.jpg

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #877 of 1,074
So far it seems to have enough power. At first I thought the sound was a bit different when I plugged into my phone directly but I did a/b testing after that and I didn't notice difference. As far as the battery, I am using it now on very sensitive iems (like Trifecta) at first step on the volume, and subjectively it is good for my purposes but it would be good to find small player with larger battery - I do around 4-5 hours before plugging it in again, at around 20% left battery - but I would need to pay attention exactly to how much hours it lasts this is just approximation because I am using it in short sessions of 30-60 minutes.

I started researching other "obscure" chinese players but hard to find which one supports usb-c out.
Maybe just get some Ibasso CB19 Y adapter and use a very small power bar for additional runtime?

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #878 of 1,074
Maybe just get some Ibasso CB19 Y adapter and use a very small power bar for additional runtime?
Yeah I was thinking about that as option, but I was worried to add another device in total of 3 in the pocket along with another cable, like a little machine assembled, it would have to be very small otherwise it would ruin the purpose of this small portable setup.

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #879 of 1,074
Now it's really perfect!!!

ElitePerfect.jpg

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #880 of 1,074
...and now running with the CB19 and a 20k powerbank

Elitecombo.jpg

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #881 of 1,074
The iBasso CB19 is proof that there are companies that read Head Fi carefully and others less so... did it take a long time to make this type of cable?

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #884 of 1,074
👍
L&P make one as well now .

These cables make a big difference being able to feed the dongle the power it needs from a power bank.
Not only that... but they keep the signal separate from the current and this is no small thing...

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #885 of 1,074

Users who are viewing this thread

Back