The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
Mar 5, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #856 of 1,086
Does that bypass the iPhone power limit if I don’t attach an external power supply as well, or only if I attach a power supply at the same time.
Actually I haven't really managed to max out the limit of DC Elite yet but as the Ibasso adapter is solely for powering the DC Elite and leaving the other end of the Y cable with lightning adapter attached for pure audio transfer I'd say that should usually eliminate any bottlenecks caused by Lightning voltage restrictions

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #857 of 1,086
Actually I haven't really managed to max out the limit of DC Elite yet but as the Ibasso adapter is solely for powering the DC Elite and leaving the other end of the Y cable with lightning adapter attached for pure audio transfer I'd say that should usually eliminate any bottlenecks caused by Lightning voltage restrictions
Thanks - just want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing.

So you think it’s likely that if I tried a DDHifi TC28i and only plugged in the DC 04 Pro, and didn’t plug in an external battery to the other port of the DDHifi TC28i, it would probably over ride the lightning port voltage restriction?

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #858 of 1,086
Great synergy with 634EARS Miroak II Purplehearts

elitemiroak.jpg

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #859 of 1,086
Thanks - just want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing.

So you think it’s likely that if I tried a DDHifi TC28i and only plugged in the DC 04 Pro, and didn’t plug in an external battery to the other port of the DDHifi TC28i, it would probably over ride the lightning port voltage restriction?
No, as far as I experimented with DC Elite, the dongle won't even be visible without external power supply as it's not powered.
With that Y cable you MUST have an external power source Powerbank or USB charger.
Through that independent power source you might override the IPhone voltage restriction.
That's the whole purpose of that adapter also in terms of SQ so not pollute the USB channel directed to music source with power for the dongle

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #860 of 1,086
No, as far as I experimented with DC Elite, the dongle won't even be visible without external power supply as it's not powered.
With that Y cable you MUST have an external power source Powerbank or USB charger.
Through that independent power source you might override the IPhone voltage restriction.
That's the whole purpose of that adapter also in terms of SQ so not pollute the USB channel directed to music source with power for the dongle
Ok, thank you for the help,

At least with the DC04 Pro I get maybe 70% volume which is good enough in most cases for me on my iPhone. I guess that’ll do until I upgrade to a newer model one day with USB.

I was hoping a higher quality lighting to usb cable would resolve the issue, but I guess not.

I’ll pick up an inexpensive camera adapter and give that a try for the odd times I want to play loud on the go.

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #861 of 1,086
Ok, thank you for the help,

At least with the DC04 Pro I get maybe 70% volume which is good enough in most cases for me on my iPhone. I guess that’ll do until I upgrade to a newer model one day with USB.

I was hoping a higher quality lighting to usb cable would resolve the issue, but I guess not.

I’ll pick up an inexpensive camera adapter and give that a try for the odd times I want to play loud on the go.
Only have DC Elite so anyway my help was limited.
Have just tried to plug my 200 Ohm ZMF VC
15 clicks was maximum I could stand and then I ramped it fully up not sitting on my head and my IPhone 13 Pro could play it out of DC Elite using standard Ibasso USB C to lightning cable without cutting out

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #862 of 1,086
I have exactly the same issue. It's super annoying. I was googling for this and found your answer. Normally it works fine but I'm in the train now and just stops randomly. Hopefully back at my laptop it will work...
I haven't experienced it on my tablet yet, which is a Lenovo (then again I don't take that with me in the train). I am guessing it is a USB issue with my Pixel 6a. Maybe power delivery related. I have the iBasso App installed even the newest version from the website that isn't on Google Play (yet). No effect. I have also been experiences on walks. Usually it works fine but once it starts I it happens every few minutes.... I did notice it happens less when I am not streaming. e.g. when I download a podcast first, drop outs are rare (not due to 4g connectivity issues. I checked) But when my podcast is over before the walk ends and I turn on Qobuz, it happens pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #864 of 1,086
1)Type C with two cables in the dongle
2)Type A in the powerbank
3)Type C in the phone

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #866 of 1,086
On the CB19 Y adapter, can someone that has used it give me a simple explanation of what gets connected where?

1709678890229.jpeg

I posted my CB19 mini-review here. Also, as a visual help, please take a look at the picture below. Just think if it as a y-split with a common usb-c going to the dongle, and one leg of the split with usb-c brining in the data and the other leg of the split with usb-a bringing in the power.

ibasso-c19-02.jpg

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #867 of 1,086
viber_image_2024-03-07_19-06-51-732.jpg

From the series "pimp my hiby r3 II" :) I got a magnet tape which is on the dc-elite and hiby, not very strong but enough to keep it there while in the pocket.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #868 of 1,086
Oh well. Even with the camera adapter that just arrived the DC04 Pro still cuts out at louder volumes on an iPhone.

The DAC is still a good buy for me. I do have a spare android phone kicking around and most of my listening isn’t super loud so the iPhone will be suitable for most occasions. And I can return the adapter to Amazon.

Eventually I’ll upgrade the iPhone and have one with a USB connector and presumably that will work well.

Attachments

• IMG_8688.jpeg
    IMG_8688.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #869 of 1,086
Oh well. Even with the camera adapter that just arrived the DC04 Pro still cuts out at louder volumes on an iPhone.

The DAC is still a good buy for me. I do have a spare android phone kicking around and most of my listening isn’t super loud so the iPhone will be suitable for most occasions. And I can return the adapter to Amazon.

Eventually I’ll upgrade the iPhone and have one with a USB connector and presumably that will work well.
Let me start by saying that my DC04PRO arrived with a faulty USB cable that didn't even allow me to use it. At this point, before changing the iPhone you could try the iBasso CB19 which should solve the problem unless it is an intrinsic problem of the specific iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back